Sign in to follow this  
Matt Dawson

MOC: Bogie Shunter

traintech1.jpg

First, the model was built like this:

3842611026_89b498a808.jpg

EDIT: Rest of post deleted due to no photos + age of topic.

Edited by Matt Dawson

I did it like that as most small UK/european shunters (like Hunsletts, Barclays, etc.) have sloping cabs; but more importantly, have the door on the sloping bit:

vossloh_G6_rgb72dpi.jpg

I'm currently waiting on an order from bricklink which features doors, windows and a few other spare parts... let's hope royal mail haven't lost it (or some sod stole it for himself...)

Edited by Matt Dawson

Your idea is good, the model chosen for your moc..... a challenge. Only this moc, I don't know what I should think of it. It looks a bit cheap and simple............ It needs more work and building to impress, I guess.

Good entry. It looks however really short compared to the original you also posted.

Looking from the side, the wheelbase just looks to short, but .... I guess not everybody has to like it.

BTW, the windows you used at the side, are they supposed to be like this, or are they a bit old and therefore worn. Maybe some clear windows would freshen things up. The idea you had worked out fine BTW.

Why are there only 2 sets of wheels? Shouldn't there be 3 sets? Try it out and see what you think, I reckon it would look better.

There are only 2 sets of wheels becuase the model was designed to fit over the 9V train motor - I have a LDD file (and it CAN be bought from Lego!) of the exact design which I'm quite happy to share.

Also I was limited by my parts collection. The model is a bit of a compromise but it doesn't look too bad compared with what really existed:

6033.jpg

EDIT: you can see the 'new' engine here.

Edited by Matt Dawson