HoMa

TTCE: Freight Train (Power Functions)

ENTERED

TTCE-cat1-PF-Freight-Train.jpg

As category 1 entry I post this MOC of a old German Freight Train. This trains includes a BR 80 steamer (with Power Functions for drive and lights), a weathered flat bed loaded with some train wheels, a box car (recognise the old LEGO logo?) and a condola.

This model is inspired by a Märklin starter set, similar to this one: Märklin starter set

See some more pictures and a little video sequence at my Flickr website: Freight Train at Flickr

Some more information about the real BR 80 steamer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRG_Class_80

http://www.bahnbilder.de/name/galerie/kate...loks~BR+80.html

Enjoy,

Holger

Great work HoMa! Your locomotive looks brilliant, very realistic. And I love your idea of putting wheels as the cargo on one oof the cars. Supurb entry mate. :thumbup:

It looks great! I really like the white cabin the best, and the addition of PF is really awesome too. :thumbup:

Nice work (as always) HoMa! I love the boiler design and the overall shape of the locomotive. The driving rod solution is interesting as well. As others have said, great idea to have the flatbed be carrying spare steam wheels. Great work!

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

This is a beautiful entry. Its exactly the sort of thing I'd like to build for my own home layout.

Really nice work again !

Interesting to see how you incorporated the PF lights with such simple but effective method :classic:

I like the engine the most. It's got very nice proportions.

One comment though, which in fact has nothing to do with your fantastic creation:

I think it is too bad Lego hasn't released any sleaker rods for the driver wheels.

Technic beams looks too bulky......(same comment also valid for Emerald night...)

The rolling stock is really good but totally outshined by the BR 80 steamer. Wow, that's some nice work.

Sorry for kicking this up, but I have to say I LOVE THIS TRAIN.

It looks so simple but it is so perfect. Just like old marklin and

fleischmann times.

I will make a copy fot my home layout just to see it in real life.

:thumbup:

I have to agree with FreeBee. I already praised this creation on Flickr, and I think I should do it here too. Knowing how incredibly difficult it was to conceal all the PF gear in my steamer which is almost twice the size of this one, to see how it was done here is simply amazing. Plus the fact that it is all so neat and tidy. Fantastic!