Lars

[MOC] Imperial Landing Craft

indexed.gif

This Imperial landing craft has been on my shelf collecting dust for a long while now, waiting to be photographed.

I made some minor changes and I may work on it a bit more before I upload more pics. The cockpit have room for two pilots. There's an interior with room for 16 troopers and 4 officers. The ship is loaded with 8 bombs and there is a retracteble ion canon as well.

3841530887_f94583e60b_m.jpg

Nice one Lars :thumbup:! I really like your design of the head with the cockpit! The whole thing gives a massive & real impression - now let´s see some more pictures of it!

Nice one :wink:. The cockpit maybe a little over sized compared to the ship but it still looks great. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Definately worth a load of supplementary pictures. Please! It's one of my future projects to enhance my ILC more, up to date i just made some minor changes...

Yours really looks a lot better than the one from TLC. Great work! The original with only space for 4 troopers doesn't really satisfy... 10 at least. SO yours obviously has space enough for a little invasion. And the look is so "star wars". Congratulations! Have you made a side door? thats the second thing i'm really missing in the original...

If you don't mind, i'll post my humble mods here too...

dsc00367d.jpg

dsc00368koc.jpg

dsc00370.jpg

dsc00376v.jpg

Edited by fenris

This is really nice. It's textured so nice and it looks so detailed. I especially like the engines. Can't wait to see the interior pics. Nice work! :thumbup:

Wow, that looks great! I love how all of the bumpiness of it makes it look like it's detailed with lots of greebles. :tongue:

It's much better than LEGO's version of the Imperial Landing Craft.

Keep up the good work!

Very nice MOC Lars. More photos in due course will be great. Reminds me of the ship out of Dune for some reason.

Nice MOC too fenris. Now we have a landing craft that can carry a meaningful squad of Stormtroopers.

seriously impressive moc Lars! The detail is awesome on the landing craft and from the pictures it looks huge. One problem though, isnt there meant to be a middle wing as well? I dont know what kind of landing craft you are going of though. But other than that it looks incredible!

Great work

Very good MOC again Lars.

Must have taken a while to build this.

Thanks for the comments and compliments guys. Much appreciated.

...from the pictures it looks huge. One problem though, isnt there meant to be a middle wing as well? ...

3846883828_0033c8d7a4_m.jpg

There are three wings. All of them didn't "show up properly" in previous pics. I guess that's what you where confused by.

And regarding the size:

50 studs long, 22 studs wide and 24 stud high (without the landing gear). Add 12 studs to the height and 14 studs to the width for when the wings are in the flying position.

More pics of the landing craft at my Flickr

Edited by Lars

Great work Lars! :thumbup:

Looks a lot like the 'real deal'.

352369bce65_Main400.jpg

3845939878_0b569db4ec_m.jpg

3841906689_8be95c356f_m.jpg

Looks good! Is it to scale, though?

I would say no. According to this Wookieepedia entry the ship is 38 meters long and holds up to 54 stormtroopers. And I guess the "real" cockpit is more of a room that fits a small bunch of people.

This MOC is more of a lego minifig adaptation that is at least better and more accurate than the official one, and also one that would actually be concidered to be useful as a troop transport.

This ship wasn't easy to research since it is more of an expanded universe ship despite it being featured in the New Hope Special Edition. The pics I used for reference showed quite a lot of difference so this MOC is me picking the things I liked the best really.

One answer would be that it's more to scale than the official minifig Star Destroyer and the likes. :classic:

Keep the comments coming. There will be pics of the interior filled with stormies uploaded soon. Actually I don't know how many troopers I own. We'll see. I also have made arrangements so that one of the two compartments can hold two of my speeder bikes

Edited by Lars

Nice work Lars, great attention to detail, love the cockpit. Any chance we could see the interior?

Rufus