Unitron6991

Star Runner (modified 6243)

th_thindexedgif.gif 85c

I present the way the 6243 should have looked :pir-devil:

1250614564m_SPLASH.jpg

Click the pix for more.

I drew a lot o' inspiration from the 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner. Please tell me what I can do to make it better so I can build an even better Imperial ship. Really all I did was lengthen and change the sails. I also borrow the cannon slides idea from the 6280 Armada Flagship. I find this arrangement to be superior in rolling seas. :shark:

I must say that the white sails look much more realistic and less cartoonish than on the BB, although they give it a very neutral colour scheme - some pearl gold trim in other places besides the cabin would be an improvement, in my opinion.

Besides that, I love the rest of what you've done to the ship, and your use of the Armada Flagship sliding cannons in a Skull's Eye Schooner-type system works much better - there aren't nearly as many ugly holes in the floor.

I must also congratulate you on your use of 2 1x2x2 panels to make the cannon port sides - this is something I have struggled with when building ships, so thank you for the solution! :pir-wub:

Good work all round, and keep it up! :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad I inspired someone. :pir-blush:

Now, I am about to order another one. How do you think it would look in a white/black/yellow

color scheme?

I'm not particularly good with colours, being colour-blind, and I have no idea about what colours clash and which are complimentary.

However, the proposed colour scheme worked on the Black Seas Barracuda, so it's sure to work on any ship!

This is a very nice ship you have here. It is sort of a mix between the old pirate parts and the new ones. This is a great pirate ship MOC!

LegoKing