Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 13

That's an interesting theory. It sounds reasonable but...

we still need a Johnson rod! :hmpf_bad: I just want to get out of this town and forget about the mystery before anyone else dies.

But I have the crocodile rod! Can't we start the crocodile engine? Can't we figure out what's wrong with that one switch?? Where's the wood.

*stares at sunbathing Schmelt*

Uch, there it is... :sceptic:

:cry_sad: Don't yell at me, I'm frightened.

I think you and Gaylord are both in on it! Bulldog wouldn't do anything like that. I've known him for almost a whole week and he seemed like a real loyal stand-up guy. You and your Town Council friends got sloppy and now you're scrambling to pin it on each other. :laugh: Get it? It's a pun. A pin pun. :laugh:

*silence*

Anyway, what are you up to anyway? What was the point of stopping the train? What does the Town Council want with us now? We just want to go home. What harm could we be causing you by leaving? :wacko:

*thinks*

Although, maybe somebody on the train was helping ... erm ... that dead lady, Kathy or whatever. Maybe she paid somebody to get the train to stop here so she could get away. Then while we were searching the town, she tried to get on the train but Gaylord George Jethro The Mayor someone shot her.

Bulldog approached me and asked if i could stop the train for $10,000. I declined, he said something about being held hostage or something.

But I have the crocodile rod! Can't we start the crocodile engine? Can't we figure out what's wrong with that one switch?? Where's the wood.

Uch, there it is... :sceptic:

*Schmelt's euro thong falls off* agghhh!!!! :oh3:

Schmelt: Vell vit it vas abit tight

Well, poor Bulldog is gone. I really liked him. I can carry some planks too. I'm quite capable. I'm with Smith and Wesson and Greasy. :wink:

I don't know, I think we're supposed to be coming back with the EE loco. However, if we don't get a move on soon, we might not come back with much, or not come back at all.

*stares at sun-bathing Schmelt*

Do you find something interesting, young man?

Well, poor Bulldog is gone. I really liked him. I can carry some planks too. I'm quite capable.

You don't seem too sympathetic. And no, you're not capable, because you're stuck on the bridge with us.

Do you find something interesting, young man?

It's turning red; I should cover up. I don't want it to drop off *cough* again *cough*

Maybe I'll go for a 'Garden of Eden' look and cover myself with a fig-leaf. This attractive and bright green foliage will make a great mankini!

Ok, so we've collected a bunch of planks and made our way back to the bridge. I've carefully placed them across the opening in such a way as to allow for safe passage to the next section. In order to avoid overloading the bridge, some of the current occupants come back the way they got on and wait to cross after the second portion is repaired. After a minute catching up with Brakes :wub::blush: I fix the second section of the bridge and cross safely to the other side.

Everyone else may follow if they wish.

Are we all really that dumb? Why would we all cross at once? (looks up to the sky for answers)

Jethro weaves his hand/wrist into the rope rail, similar to Indiana Jones...just in case.

Good for Bulldog! Too bad he don't get to enjoy all that money now. I wonder how he was blackmailed?

Ok, so we've collected a bunch of planks and made our way back to the bridge. I've carefully placed them across the opening in such a way as to allow for safe passage to the next section. In order to avoid overloading the bridge, some of the current occupants come back the way they got on and wait to cross after the second portion is repaired. After a minute catching up with Brakes :wub::blush: I fix the second section of the bridge and cross safely to the other side.

Everyone else may follow if they wish.

Thank you for organising that Grease, I'm glad we could figure this out without anyone dying. :sweet: Well, except Bulldog, ah...

Anyway, I wish to now follow Grease across, dragging Herman with me as I chat at him about some of the strategies outlined in my handbook.

*clutches rope and inches carefully across bridge*

And I bein' a mighty Texan shall run valiantly across this here bridge!

*speeds up with Bionic Man music playing*

Okay, I'm back. Sorry, I feel asleep for a while, but luckily I can sleep walk, so I was able to keep up with the group, but i didn't say much except when Alex made me.

So any ways, I have no idea what we should be doing right now. I'm sure my advice of just shoving the baddies off the bridge would not be allowed by Alex, so I think we just need to sit here. Have we tied up Jethro yet? I know we tied up George, but he and Jethro are the only baddies we know are baddies for sure. Oh, and that Conductor who in the town. Gaylord? He's a baddie. There is zero chance that Max is a baddie, becuase he was hit with a meat cleaver. In the chest. And you don't really do that to yourself.

There is zero chance that Max is a baddie, becuase he was hit with a meat cleaver. In the chest. And you don't really do that to yourself.

Agreed! There is certainly no way that I'm a bad guy!

As for everyone going over the bridge, I'm going to stay right where I am not on the bridge until further notice.

Agreed! There is certainly no way that I'm a bad guy!

As for everyone going over the bridge, I'm going to stay right where I am not on the bridge until further notice.

But didn't you take Gaylord's pin? And perhaps the Town Council needed you out of the way since you are the train insider.

I just found a note. Perhaps it floated up from Bulldog's dead body. It says, "Your Johnson Rod is on backorder. Pleases allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

I just found a note. Perhaps it floated up from Bulldog's dead body. It says, "Your Johnson Rod is on backorder. Pleases allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

Does it say anything else? What sort of paper is it on? Does it have any logos on it? Does it look old? 4 - 6 weeks old perhaps? Is it handwritten or printed? This is an interesting discovery.

Does it say anything else? What sort of paper is it on? Does it have any logos on it? Does it look old? 4 - 6 weeks old perhaps? Is it handwritten or printed? This is an interesting discovery.

It appears to have just been delivered right now and there's a little footnote about "mwahahaha! Evil laughter is so fun! I love to laugh evilly when trapping innocent people in a town of bloodthirsty psychos bent on never letting people leave there town...for whatever reason. Mwahahahahaa! Forget the Johnson Rod losers! Mwahahahahah."

So, let's drop the Johnson Rod and stick our crocodile rod in that other loco and forget all about the Emerald Express and just get the megablox! on out of this one horse dead-talking-dog town...Oh, and save the people on the bridge or whatever.

Maybe that's why my PF battery Johnson rod smells bad.

No, you just have to watch where you stick it.

It appears to have just been delivered right now and there's a little footnote about "mwahahaha! Evil laughter is so fun! I love to laugh evilly when trapping innocent people in a town of bloodthirsty psychos bent on never letting people leave there town...for whatever reason. Mwahahahahaa! Forget the Johnson Rod losers! Mwahahahahah."

Bloody hell, that makes the actual message look like the footnote!

So, let's drop the Johnson Rod and stick our crocodile rod in that other loco and forget all about the Emerald Express and just get the megablox! on out of this one horse dead-talking-dog town...Oh, and save the people on the bridge or whatever.

I would agree with you there, even though I'll probably get fired, your lives mean more to me. Only problem is, the croc is on the wrong track and as far as we know there is no points to get it onto the main line.

And I just thought he of something. I'm thinking that George might be innocent! The main reason he was accused was because he threw a meat clever into me - but when we left the Emerald Express, remember that the knives were all missing? :hmpf_bad:

I would agree with you there, even though I'll probably get fired, your lives mean more to me. Only problem is, the croc is on the wrong track and as far as we know there is no points to get it onto the main line.

Um, why else would we be changing all of the switches? :wacko:

And I just thought he of something. I'm thinking that George might be innocent! The main reason he was accused was because he threw a meat clever into me - but when we left the Emerald Express, remember that the knives were all missing? :hmpf_bad:

Can you be more specific about what you're saying?

Like I suggested, what, 4 chapters ago?

But didn't you take Gaylord's pin? And perhaps the Town Council needed you out of the way since you are the train insider.

Has it been proven that he took Gaylord's pin? Becuase if not, then Gaylord is lying, and therefore a town council member.

Like I suggested, what, 4 chapters ago?

Good for you! :sweet::thumbup:

Has it been proven that he took Gaylord's pin? Becuase if not, then Gaylord is lying, and therefore a town council member.

Let's just push them both off of the bridge.

Grease and company return from the mill dragging a few 2x4s. They quickly place the wood across the open area of the bridge were Bulldog met his demise. Arin, Jim Butcher, Steve Thomas, Lorraine, George, Jethro, and Brakes walk slowly across the beams.

Arin crosses successfully.

Jim crosses successfully.

Mark yells, "Stop"! as Steve Thomas begins crossing. Mark pulls a 20-sided dice out of his pocket throwing it on the bridge. He rolls an 18, then says, "go ahead Steve".

Steve crosses successfully.

Lorraine looks down realizing how high the bridge is. Frightfully, she walks across successfully.

With a twisted grin on his face, Kill'n Grill'n George walks across followed by Jethro. They both make it successfully grabbing Jeb before doing a little square dance.

Last to cross is Brakes. He steps on the 2x4s and begins walking across. About half way, one of the 2x4s split and Brakes falls through the opening along the side! :oh3: His hands grab one of the boards as his feet dangle above the ravine. "Help"! he yells. :sing:

"Help"! he yells. :sing:

*I would like to throw my tighty-whities at to him.*