Please do not revive a one year old topic to ask questions when you can easily find the answers with a minimum effort in searching through the thread or via Google.

if you boil the head as well will it shrink??

I think this post (just a few posts up in this same page) by tin7 answers your question:

1) All LEGO parts are damaged during boiling; they shrink, and the print comes off, so use parts that you don't want.

Where can I get sculpey mold from?....

I'm not sure I get your meaning. If you're asking where you can find sculpey clay, you can probably find it in do-it-yourself or art stores.

Hey guys I know that this is a two year old topic (please don't ban me) but I just wanted to say that I HAVE created complete lego-compatible heads out of sculpey, and I found it works out really well.

I published a tutorial on it on the MCW back in June.

Also tin7 do you know how to smooth out the clay pieces?

I tried sand paper, but that makes them rough and the sanded bits of clay stick to my piece.

Thanks,

~Jake

I've been working with greenstuff for many years and I love it. When I first used it, I found it very difficult. It's very sticky when both components are mixed, so you always have to use a wet sculpting tool. But the great things about it are: You don't have to bake it, it becomes a little flexible and very durable and it won't shrink. Great stuff! I've build my colonial marines figures with this.

completefront_zps654b19c1.jpg

after the paint job:

Updatetotal.jpg

Hello, Pandamonium, and welcome to Eurobricks and the Minifig Customisation Workshop. You might want to create a topic to introduce yourself in the Hello! My name is... section.

Unoftunately, the OP of this thread has not been active for about two years now.

In my (limited) experience with Sculpey, if you use the boiling technique, you can either leave the sculpted piece on the base minifigure (damagable one) or boil without it (actaully depends on the thickness and studriness of the sculpted part).

I have not tried, but would not recommend, baking a LEGO minifigure, as I'd expect it to not survive the process intact.

Maybe some other users have a wider experience and can share some more views on this.

can you please make a video tutorial? showing finished product after baking...great tutorial, but would be easier to see you do it. I am interested in long hair minifigs.

@Pandamonium did you read what LuxorV said? Maybe you should try yourself and then share the video that you made here?!

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2012 at 6:25 AM, minotuarslay said:

if you boil the head as well will it shrink??

it will shrink slightly but the change is not as noticeable. the print will also get lighter, wrap aluminum foil around it like in the tutorial.