Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Train Tech Ideas

IDEAS & FEEDBACK

Do you have an idea to make Train Tech a better forum?

Share your ideas and feedback here. Your feedback is important to us!

I was looking throught the train index looking for techniques. Maybe you could put some of them into the index.

I was looking throught the train index looking for techniques. Maybe you could put some of them into the index.

That's a great idea. I'd love to see more "Train Building Tips" myself. I have one that I'd like to share, but not sure how to go about sharing (with instructions).

I'd also encourage you and others to share one or more if you have any.

That's a great idea. I'd love to see more "Train Building Tips" myself. I have one that I'd like to share, but not sure how to go about sharing (with instructions).

I'd also encourage you and others to share one or more if you have any.

That's great news TheBrickster! LEGO Digital Designer provides limited instruction capabilities, so you could use that, but I would recommend LDraw. It can produce top quality instructions. Although you could always take photos of actualy bricks. I'm looking foward to this tip!

Thank you very much for the great work, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I really like it to have now an overview over all the different topics which can now be found much, much more easy.

The only thing I noticed is that there are only very few displays indexed until now (e. g. mine isn't - or are only layouts indexed there which (already) include trains?).

Otherwise this is great work - thanks! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Why not a central topic about layouts? At the site of LowLUG we have something like that.

Thanks for the feedback KD. I'm glad you like it!

The only thing I noticed is that there are only very few displays indexed until now (e. g. mine isn't - or are only layouts indexed there which (already) include trains?).

Is this a track layout or just town?

Why not a central topic about layouts? At the site of LowLUG we have something like that.

I had added one topic with Layouts and Displays, but this was really meant to show tabletop and train show displays.

Perhaps another topic related to Digital Designed Layouts and/or Track Plans?

I had added one topic with Layouts and Displays, but this was really meant to show tabletop and train show displays.

It is just a plan of a town until now.

But if TLG releases an elevated train next year as the TRU fans' choice set I'll add it to this my layout and then there'll be a train included.

Supposably my layout should be indexed here? :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

a gallery: other people images give others ideas to create. rolling stock, engines, structures.

track layouts ideas: some dont have a lot of track, small layouts can be fun.

resources: stickers, real images

upgrades: for those who started with RC and have to go to PF, or 9v to PF. or PF to windup (that old yellow one with the red key... haha)

a gallery: other people images give others ideas to create. rolling stock, engines, structures.

track layouts ideas: some dont have a lot of track, small layouts can be fun.

resources: stickers, real images

upgrades: for those who started with RC and have to go to PF, or 9v to PF. or PF to windup (that old yellow one with the red key... haha)

All these suggestions already exist. Please see TheBrickster's brilliant Train Tech Index!

Train Tech forum ideas

First of all, I think, hundreds of forum topics make the whole forum chaotic. The only guide is the Tran Tech Index, but nowadays it became a long list and it's hard to find anything.

I thinks there should be subforums for the following:

-Important topics

-Layout and display

-Building techniques

-4.5V/12V/9V/RC/PF systems

-MOC topics

-Misc

I thinks there should be subforums for the following

I agree. This will help people to find the subject they're looking for.

Some article ideas:

-bridges and inclines

-ballasting track

-scale: 6-wide, 7-wide or 8-wide. And what size should the cars and trucks be?

Good input - I have been wanting to do some work on the index, esp. the MOCs (maybe breaking it up by categories).

Thanks Cap'Z. Appreciate you mentioning the existing index.

First of all, I think, hundreds of forum topics make the whole forum chaotic. The only guide is the Tran Tech Index, but nowadays it became a long list and it's hard to find anything.

I thinks there should be subforums for the following:...

I think a good forum will have lots of quality topics. This is a result of active and interested members. In looking at your index topics, I think most of the items you mention are categorized in the Index.

I thought I would ask this here, what cars are behind the BNSF in the fourm artwork above? They are very nice and I was wondering who built them and is there additional pictures?

Since January I've been working on a new MOC that I hope to post soon. For this MOC I had to build some bogies details so I looked around on this site to find some tips, but the better technique were on Rail Bricks

I think to share my instructions to figure out how Lego train can be built.

Conclusion: I like this new idea to help members in finfding out useful tips :thumbup: