Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Even MORE new Pirate items!

The tic-tac-toe game is more useful for army building.. Hopefully it's priced reasonably.

Yes, i'd recommend the Tic Tac Toe game for army building, I mean, you can't have a commander for every soldier, can you? And the current battlepack includes both factions, and only 2 minifigs from each. I would prefer 5 from the same faction, and I believe it would sell more.

I was so happy to see the Pirate theme released last year that it brought me out of my dark age. However, this is a major disappointment. There is so much potential with the Pirates theme and TLG seems to be putting very little effort in these latest releases. Same ol' figs, different box. Did they over manufacture and are just trying to sell off built up stock?

There doesn't seem to be much continuity with this battle pack in comparison to other themes. There are castle battle packs which include a either knights, trolls or dwarfs (basically five unique 'soldier' figures). However, the pirate battle pack has one solder from each of the opposing sides, a commander from each of the opposing sides, and a monkey. Really? A monkey? Is it the referee? Perhaps the problem is that there is no diversity in the figures offered in the redcoats lineup so they felt that including more than one of the same figure would be bad. If so, then why not introduce a a few different torsos? A sergeant, lieutenant, captain, deck hand, something other than the common infantry and supreme commander of allied forces or whatever ol' commander fancy pants is supposed to be. There should have been two products here: separate redcoat and pirate packs.

While I hope they have some nice new sets in store for us soon, I have this constant nagging feeling that it's going to just be more of "Where will the monkey and a treasure chest show up next?".

No no no! What I want is for the ultra talented and ever generous artistic friend of mine to get me my picture! :pir_bawling:

But I already posted your picture! :pir_laugh2:

martinsuper.jpg

Eurobricks members Alywin and whung have brought us news of more upcoming sets - that's right, even more!

• 852747 - Pirate Battle Pack
    852747.jpg
    852748.jpg

A Pirates battle pack - it's what we've been asking for since the new line was announced. Go crazy, folks!

These look really good I will need to get some.

I really do wish they would do more of these basic packs, and indeed sooner. I had just had to buy the new LEGO Fortress just so I could get Governor Broadside and the new big flag.

[*]852747 - Pirate Battle Pack

A Battle pack set with only 4 minifigs?? This is lame, it should have been 6 minifigs - 3 pirates and 3 soldiers. :pir_bawling:

So when can we buy the battle pack? I was going to ask this in a new thread, but thought, why not revive an old one.

-Super

My guess for those 2 questions would be:

1) I think the battle pack should come out any time now, but one never knows for sure. It could be sometime in Fall even.

2) The Castle battle packs cost about $15, so anywhere around that price range is probably right.

Evidently the Tic Tac Toe and Castle Battle Packs have lower quality minifigs. I am wondering if the same will be about the Pirates Battle Pack?

hmmm i think brickbeard is in the coin bank....and even though i ahve a govnernor broadside and a captain brickbeard, a pirate and a soldier will help me build up for my huge battle moc, and this is the only cheap set in the new pirate line that has a monkey in it. more treasure is good, and a parrot? well i like parrot :pir-classic:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is a Pirate Chess set for $49.99 USD. They had a few available at the LEGO store at Mall of America. It features Brickbeard, the governor, the lady pirate, two monkeys, and, most notably, the governor's daughter.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is a Pirate Chess set for $49.99 USD. They had a few available at the LEGO store at Mall of America. It features Brickbeard, the governor, the lady pirate, two monkeys, and, most notably, the governor's daughter.

Wow, do you have pics? It sounds great from your discription. :pir-sweet: