Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

When dealing with overhanging parts, is there anything I have to take care of in terms of background replacement, or do I just leave in the white background from MLCad?

In other words, if I make a .gif with overhanging parts, do I have to cut out the extra area where there aren't any parts, or does that part of the image remain white?

Rapseflaps,

Yes , the white will show in BlueBrick so it is nicer if you remove it.

You can test it yourself if you place your gif in the parts/custom directory of BlueBrick.

Edited by FreeBee

I have to say : for a panda you have hawkeye-vision :grin:

Sorry, people around me find me also very annoyning with this habit :grin:

Did u also see :

7862.set.gif

Yes, I love it. A hug :thumbup: . Can't wait to make a drawning with bluebrick of my layout.

Alrighty then.

Here's my first attempt at an actual set:

6355 Derby Trotter:

For a first attempt I would say you did a great job :thumbup:

And it looks like it you figured out what to do with the transparent. I can imagine you want to contribute a few more gifs, so please have a look at the index topic if it allready exists, and if not, send missouri_bb63 a message what images you want to create, in this way we will not do any double work.

Ok, this was a tough delivery, it seems that the more sets I do, the more difficult and bigger they get.

:classic:

7744 - Police station

7744.set.gif

GIF | XML

For the people who are wondering. The bad guy is locked in jail and the policeman are playing cards inside.

Alrighty then.

Here's my first attempt at an actual set:

6355 Derby Trotter:

6355.set.gif

GIF | XML

That is fantastic! I had forgotten about that line of sets. Thanks for your contribution! :classic: Like aawsum mentioned, send me a PM message with the peeron set numbers you want to build, together with the peeron names/descriptions, and I will add them to the "under construction" list for you.

I just got back from work again (the Lego gods must be punishing me), but I will at least add all the new new contributions to the Index so that everyone has an overview. I will be able to catch up with the rest over the weekend. Happy building!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Well done rapseflaps. wish that my first attemp was as good as yours lol.

Hope you liked doing it and will go on , all help is welcome.

I changed the caps to red and alse changed the light hope u like it sll.

Ok, this was a tough delivery, it seems that the more sets I do, the more difficult and bigger they get.

:classic:

7744 - Police station

7744.set.gif

GIF | XML

For the people who are wondering. The bad guy is locked in jail and the policeman are playing cards inside.

Hm, I seem to be missing the 1x4x6 Door Type 1 and the Technic Axle Joiner Smooth, which you have used in your model. Did I miss some LDraw update somewhere?

Hm, I seem to be missing the 1x4x6 Door Type 1 and the Technic Axle Joiner Smooth, which you have used in your model. Did I miss some LDraw update somewhere?

Sometimes you have to be creative :wink:

So if I really miss items I try to use parts that look almost the same.

If you are referring to the door Frame, I have that as part 3644 in LDraw and part 59443 for the axle joiner inline smooth. Maybe I have them because I also installed the unofficial parts?

EDIT 03.10.09: I have finallized the monorail points. Check out my post dated 03.10.09 to see both the left and right versions.

Before:

2889.7old.gif

After:

2889.7.gif

post-6866-1254562046.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

I think you did a good job on the monorail :thumbup:

7838 Goods loading terminal:

Fantastic! That was one of my favorite sets. Thanks for the feedback on the monorail. I will see if I can improve it some more today.

Do you think you could tweak the CAD model of 7838 so that it looks like it did on the cover of the box (the waggon dumping 1x1 round bricks and some yellow boxes outside)? I think the additional "action" would be pretty neat. :classic:

Here is one GIF I made last weekend, which I included in the index but forgot to post here. Check out the waiter. :grin:

6376.set.gif

GIF XML : 6376 Breezeway Cafe

Edited by missouri_bb63

Fantastic! That was one of my favorite sets. Thanks for the feedback on the monorail. I will see if I can improve it some more today. Do you think you could tweak the CAD model of 7838 so that it looks like it did on the cover of the box (the waggon dumping 1x1 round bricks)? I think the additional "action" would be pretty neat. :classic:

If you meant this :

7838.jpg

shure i can.

If you meant this :

shure i can.

Yup, that's the one. I think that would be great :classic:

Great job Rapseflaps! I will add your completed sets to the index and I will give you an update about the vehicles as soon as possible.

Edited by missouri_bb63

Here's one I didn't put on my under construction list but whipped up quickly:

6689 Post Station

6689.set.gif

GIF | XML

Edited by Rapseflaps

Here's one I didn't put on my under construction list but whipped up quickly:

6689 Post Station

That's interesting, I was looking at that the other day on Peeron. Another great addition! You might still want to add the 2 minigifs and bicycle?

Here is my contribution for today. I didn't feel like working on the monorail (will do that during the week), so I picked up one of the track parts that Aawsum made and set about tweaking it in Photoshop. Aawsums XML can still be used. I didn't put quite as much effort into it as the 9V points, but I think it turned out pretty well. I will do a little more editing during the week.

Before:

7996_8.gif

After:

7996.8.beta.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

That's interesting, I was looking at that the other day on Peeron. Another great addition! You might still want to add the 2 minigifs and bicycle?

I can't find the damned bicycle in MLCAD!

It's like the pic on the box now:

7838.set.gif

IMG XML

@Rapseflaps : Going strong :thumbup:

@Missouri : I like the re-done double crossover

Edited by FreeBee

It's like the pic on the box now:

IMG XML

That looks great, thanks! :sweet: Haven't had time to work on the monorail switch or RC cross track yet but. I will at least add the latest set GIFs to the index this evening.

Wow, you got those done quick! That police station was my first Lego City set many, many years ago... and I still have it (in storage along with the rest... which includes that bus station). I have added all your GIFS to the index. Hopefully I will get at least one set GIF done this week. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by missouri_bb63

It has been relatively quiet in BlueBrick land this past week, but I can't imagine anyone noticed with all the incredible competition entries flooding in. :classic:

This is just a quick note to present the new parts XML file to the GIF builders. The parts XML for version 1.5 now not only includes your authoring details, but also the set description which used to be located in a seperate file called partinfo.xml. You also have the possibility to add the Peeron image URL.

Incase you have't done so already. Please update your current XML files with your authoring details and part descriptions. These two elements are important. If you have the time to add the image URL that would be great too. :thumbup:

Please send them to Alban by Email. I wouldn't post them yet as there might be conflicts with the 1.4 version that people are currently still using. (not too concerned about the space XMLs as not many folk have shown interest yet)

Here are the links to two example which Alban was kind enough to complete for me based on my classic space GIFS.

608p03.gif

XML

920.set.gif

XML (includes image URL example)

Edited by missouri_bb63