Roderick

[MOC] CIS ARachnid V-22 Anti-Aircraft Walker

indexed.gif

I built this earlier this year, in fact it was April of this year. It's a simple, speedy walker which uses its eight legs to get into a position of advantage over enemy aircraft and weaken them to the point where air droids like we saw in the CW episode that involved Aayla and Bly would fly in and weaken it.

The red on the rear 'legs' was placed so the air droids, who have infrared vision, can see them the easier, and so that if it's in retreat and the Republic is scanning, they'll think they are on their side. Not exactly the best insurance policy, though... :tongue:

3407247698_f015778e94.jpg

3404515114_49bb5acd7b.jpg

3403705735_0fa00ff50e.jpg

3404518200_39dc8c47e9.jpg

3403709029_4881fc79d9.jpg

3404521344_0b3f28c22f.jpg

(I know the last five pics are rubbish... they were rushed so I had to do them on my desk calendar :sceptic: )

Thanks for reading! :classic:

I'm not sure i follow, is it a walker?, it sounds from your description that it gets dropped from a ship onto the enemy ship.

I'm not sure i follow, is it a walker?, it sounds from your description that it gets dropped from a ship onto the enemy ship.

It's a walker: it scurries about on the battlefield and fires seeking missiles at Republic air support.

Welcome to Eurobricks! I like this little thing! I think it makes a great little probe to latch on to a ship, but I find some issues with it. It seems the legs have almost no flexibility, and that can't walk! If you gave it a rounder look with better flexibility, I'd say this would be perfect! :thumbup:

That's what I meant by including the air droids, yes.

Ah i see, the jetpack droids were ship to ship so thought this was ship to ship.

Welcome to Eurobricks! I like this little thing! I think it makes a great little probe to latch on to a ship, but I find some issues with it. It seems the legs have almost no flexibility, and that can't walk! If you gave it a rounder look with better flexibility, I'd say this would be perfect! :thumbup:

Thanks: What I would've liked to do would be to remake the front four legs with the piece used in the rear two legs for added articulation.

Ah i see, the jetpack droids were ship to ship so thought this was ship to ship.

Unless it learns to jump, no, it won't be ship to ship. :tongue:

Thanks: What I would've liked to do would be to remake the front four legs with the piece used in the rear two legs for added articulation.

Unless it learns to jump, no, it won't be ship to ship. :tongue:

Engines is what i was thinking.