Captain Green Hair

Build a frigate with Captain Green Hair

Looks quite good from what I can see!

Your masts appear to be a bit too high, the main mast should be as long as, or slightly longer then the entire ship.

I agree whit Captain Green Hair at the masts are too long, also i think you need to Re-do your ships stern, it looks a bit clumsy IMO. The front mast is maby also a bit too far, moving its backwards about 6 or 7 studs would be better. Good luck whit her.

Captain Becker

I had a feeling that the masts are to tall, i'll lower them today. I'll also try to move the front a little backwards, although i'll have to change something to give it more stability.

I won't change the stern, I like it :) but I know what you mean, I had to do it like this to keep the cost of the project lower. Next one will be better. And it still looks much better than my first one which i couldn't post because of the way it looked like :P

About 50% of the ship is from parts I already had, and the money I spend on it was only around 40-60GBP. Unfortunately I have to finish her before 8.07 because we(LugPol) are making an exhibition in Gdansk, which You are all of course welcome to visit :)

Edited by trubal

I must thank you for this amazing tutorial, it really helped me create the HMS Maverick, I recently have changed the stern of it a lot but couldn't take any pictures of it like it is now. I always knew I would need this someday and is an amzing help to anyone aspiring to build a ship.

:jollyroger:

I finished the ship. It's not as good as i liked it to be, but i still like her :)

i didn't do any photos yet, as it's on our exhibition, but here are some photos from it (more will come in around 3 months):

img_9324.jpg

j.jpg

gda_03_11.jpg

gda_03_15.jpg

Actually i think when im making my first ship, its gonna be something like that. Remember, nobodys cant be perfect at the first try.

From what i can see, its pretty good. The first picture is taken from a great angle and makes the ship look just lovely, however, the last picture shows where you could try to improve things, like Stern and bow mainly. Maby a little bit less curve or one more hull piece would make the ship look even greater, but as you aid, you only used the pieces wich you already got. Its a nice ship, does her have a name yet? Good work.

Captain Becker

Her name is:

OJKM (=HMS) Johannes Casimirus Rex.

Im already planning another one but i need to wait for the exhibition to end, as i need to use my parts (again...)

SO I have bought all the peices it looks like I'll need to build this project, but I cant find many old black hinges anwhere! :pir_bawling: However there seemes to be tons of the newer type of black hinges (the ones with 1 finger wich inserts into the ones with 2 fingers)...they look like they'll work, but does anyone know if they will? :pir_wacko:

Heres a picture of the hinge with 2 fingers, via bricklink.:

My link

The problem i see with them is that they have some space between each brick, those, old ones dont have it that big.

You've made a very nice frigate Trubal, the background is awesome as well! :thumbup:

Feedback from me would be to make the stern slightly sloped and to make the windows flat with it, rather then standing inwards. Unless you make a balcony of course.

I'm ridiculously new (12 or so minutes), but I knew about this before that. It looks, captain, like another of these ships is yet to be built...

Perhaps this will become the most reproduced warship moc on eurobricks.   :wink:

2 hours ago, Post Captain Simon said:

I'm ridiculously new (12 or so minutes), but I knew about this before that. It looks, captain, like another of these ships is yet to be built...

Perhaps this will become the most reproduced warship moc on eurobricks.   :wink:

Bumping old topics form

Though we do appreciate your interest and enthusiasm we do ask that you refrain from bumping old topics. This post was last commented on back in 2011. Over five years is a bit much to bump even as pivotal topic as this. For your edification please revisit the Site Guidelines as well as this topic on Bumping Old Topics. Thank you for understanding.

18 hours ago, Admiral Bejaune said:

Maybe this bump will inspire more great Mocs to be built!  Such a great tutorial!  

Hey, I'm just trying to do my job :cry_sad: but I do agree there are worse things to bump.

Since it's up, anyone else been working on a CGH style frigate?

Well I was thinking of adding some New stuff to this tutorial. When I find time, soon....

Good luck Captain Simon, you can always drop a pm if somethings not clear.

4 hours ago, kurigan said:

Hey, I'm just trying to do my job :cry_sad: but I do agree there are worse things to bump.

Since it's up, anyone else been working on a CGH style frigate?

My Thunderchild was recently lengthened, and bumped from 14 guns to 18, and is a CGH style frigate, but for various reasons I'm unable to post a picture of it right now.  I had planned on doing that once I finished redoing the sails, but that's likely to be quite a while from now.

11 hours ago, Captain Green Hair said:

Well I was thinking of adding some New stuff to this tutorial. When I find time, soon....

Good luck Captain Simon, you can always drop a pm if somethings not clear.

I hope you do it soon, i start to build my second ship by your tutorial. :)