Thanks, Philo. :wub: I will try that.

When was the latest version of SR 3D Builder released? I can't seem to find it on the website. :wacko:

The latest version (as you can see here) is version 0.8.3.18 released on 2013.02.08 :classic:

Hey Sergio, how much I need to wait before I get cd key?

Hi,

I cannot find pending transaction with you. Please send me transaction details on my email account and I will check.

Also carefully check your spam messages since it may happen the sent registration code goes there.

If this is the case, please feedback...

Sergio

The latest version (as you can see here) is version 0.8.3.18 released on 2013.02.08 :classic:

Okay, I thought that was the second to last, not the last. Silly me! :wacko:

First, you have select the gear/axle/whatever you want to add to the animation console with the "Animation Mode - Rotate" button. Then, you press the right mouse button and you select the "Add to animation console".

Don't forget you have to register your SR3D Builder first, to be able to use the animation console.

Hi everybody,

after another loooong wait, here is my latest release available as always from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Most important news are:

- Extended functionality with pneumatic (still a bit buggy, but can't wait show my progress)

- Extended animation capabilities as shown in the videos

here is a complete list of changes (most bug fixes, but maybe some new bug also...)

Version 0.8.9.16

Fixed

- Importing a model with assemblies in a empty model can cause application crash

- Bad Differential animations expecially when double geared. It is important that the orbital gear is placed orthogonally to the transmission axle

- Sometimes a gear connection may interfer with a universal joint

- Importing a model causes first element of the imported group is assigned to Model (root) group

- Fixed some particular usage of PinBushes (at the cost of a some delay in solution computational of big models)

- Moving gear or bushes along a vertical axle to place them is now smoother

- Using mirror building with Alternative UI should now work

- Using AlternativeUI now predilige same alignment connections while positioning parts

- Selecting multiple parts was problematic while in AlternativeUI

- You can use the CTRL while pressing PgUp/PgDw to higher or lower selection by a 1/3 brick

- Restored the SetGridToBrick functionality

- Fixed some issues in flex part management

- Trying to change flex color when first placing it crashed the application

- Fixed an issue in quad animation in a 2x3 connection structure

- Trying to change rotation axle while in animation causes application crash

- Small Linear Actuator moving direction

Added

- User interface setting could now be saved in the preference dialog box ONLY

- You can now select and move a flex part when using the "Select Connected" option. Clicking on a flex part for starting selection is not recommended anyway!!

- Patched parts: battery box, Medium Powerfunction Motor

- Models backup files can now be disabled

- Support for medium size pneumatic pistons

- More complicated mechanism computation are now supported like the Theo Jansen's mechanism

Changed

- Now the program pre-detects triangled undeformable structures to allow less errors in mechanism computation

- Drastically reduced part list loading time

And finally the videos (any comment is welcome icon_razz.gif )

Theo Jansen Walker

Partial 8110 pneumatic arm

That looks amazing Sergio. I can't wait to try the Theo Jansen mechanism myself in SR3D Builder :laugh:

The pneumatic movements look also very good. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Btw, I just remembered something that would be very useful to add in a next release ( I want this for such a loooong time now, but I always forgot to ask): being able to make mostly straight flex axles. Your program can handle curved flex axles very good, but straight ones (such as in the hood of 8145) is a pain.

Anyway, the installer is busy now with the newest version. Thanks for all your work :classic:

This is so awesome. Almost all that you have listed as bug fixes and the additions in the videos are something I have wished for in a very long time now!

One question though: The mirror building function, how does it work? Every time I tried to use it, I can't place any parts, or even select existing parts. It would be great for many solutions, but only if I knew how to use it!

Well, the mirror building function is very simple. When you press the mirror building button, you'll see a mirror appearing on the sreen. You have to place it where you want the the border (mirror) between left and right. After that, you can just build on one of the sides like normally. The only disadvantage though is that you can't select (so can't change color, shape or place) existing parts.

Hi everybody,

nothing really new this time, just a few bug fixes, one really heavy indeed.

Update available as usual from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Fixed

- Cannot add Ring Control to Animation Console (reasons for this small update)

- Some interferences between gears

- A bit better (but still not good) support for 32494.dat <-> 92906.dat connections: works good but still hard to

connect

Does this latest one have the latest parts package from LDraw?

Does this latest one have the latest parts package from LDraw?

I'm sorry, but the version has been release 2 days before lDraw update so latest addiction are not included.

They will be for sure in the next update (hopefully in August...)

byes

Sergio

Not a problem. I figured as much. Just downloaded the parts package yesterday. :classic:

Hi. When I download the new version of SR 3D Builder will it erase my current version automatically or will I need to manually uninstall it?

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi. When I download the new version of SR 3D Builder will it erase my current version automatically or will I need to manually uninstall it?

Thanks,
Nathan

You can just run the setup of the newest version. You don't need to delete or uninstall anything.

(At least that's what I'm always doing...)

Hi everybody !!

As promised, even if a week later, here is another program update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Before continue: if someone downloaded the program on September 2, 2013 before this announce, probably got a wrong version. If this is the case, download again from now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Most important new is support for Mindstorm EV3 parts and a bounce of bug fixes.

As often, here is a presentation video:

Follow a list of changes:

Fixed

- Flexible parts with fixed length can freeze the application

- Hinge Solver now works with 32494.dat parts: just place on their final position and select both of them with the Hinge Solver tool

- Hinge Solver now works with Universal Joint 3L in all cases

- Mirror building now works again

- Using Half pin with stud part can occasionally lead to an error

- Some gears interferences in particular compact mechanisms

Added

- Support for Mindstorm EV3 parts (Thanks to Philo for this!!)

- Latest Official and Unofficial lDraw parts update

Sergio can I ask if you plan to introduce a feature that can change the flex axle hose that has been done by using the flex tool into ether the completed flex axle it's self (Ldraw part) or into Lsynth parts?

- Support for Mindstorm EV3 parts (Thanks to Philo for this!!)

You're welcome ;)

Thanks for adding these parts and functionnality so soon!

Sergio can I ask if you plan to introduce a feature that can change the flex axle hose that has been done by using the flex tool into ether the completed flex axle it's self (Ldraw part) or into Lsynth parts?

Hi,

I'm sorry but it is not planned at all.

Anyway, if your scope is to create advanced rendering images, you can use the Menu.File."Basic Export .DAT" to create a .DAT file containing only the very basic METACOMMANDS supported by MLCAD.

In this file the flex parts are "exploded" into their triangle definition without any references to lDraw subparts. This happens because in flex parts the basic lDraw subparts are "deformed" to cover possible holes in the structure.

Please notice that, even if loading this models in lDview results in poor image quality of the flex part, the part will be correctly rendered when the file is passed to PovRay.

Hope this can help someway

Sergio