Rate the magnet  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

It was posted 2, do you have a friend who doesnt collect lego, why not take a road trip and give them the money and have them buy 2 for you.

Or there is some already on bricklink.

I could just take my wife and two sons and get a one hour shopping pass so we could bring back 8 of them.

I'll probably use the stormie in MOCs and dioramas as a statue or something like that. :classic: It would look out of place with the other normal troops...

Greetings,

JD

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Since mine arrived today and I had to update parts of the Minifig Index, I decided to open it and do some photos of this beauty. One thing that annoys me, is the white spots where the arms have been turned when sprayed in chrome.

Why oh why didn't they remove the arms and spray them individually.

Here's the 'shoot':

silvermagnet01.jpgsilvermagnet02.jpgsilvermagnet03.jpg

silvermagnet04.jpgsilvermagnet05.jpgsilvermagnet06.jpg

silvermagnet07.jpgsilvermagnet08.jpgsilvermagnet09.jpg

silvermagnet10.jpgsilvermagnet11.jpgsilvermagnet12.jpg

And the minifig as it looks in the Minifig Index:

stormie_silver_front.jpgstormie_silver_side.jpgstormie_silver_rear.jpg

Still a great little fig that I hope to acquire plenty of.

Thanks for the pictures, KimT. I guess that's why it isn't that expensive (only the visible parts are chromed). I'll probably be getting one or two of them, though.

By the way, where did you find yours?

I had a friend of mine buy it for me in LEGOLand USA.

Hopefully I'll be getting these soon as rumor as it that they're coming to Europe within long.

Thanks for the pictures, KimT. I guess that's why it isn't that expensive (only the visible parts are chromed). I'll probably be getting one or two of them, though.

By the way, where did you find yours?

he said it arrived so I assume he ordered it. I think only the visible parts are chromed because it is intended as a magnet, and who plays with the those? I think I will use the chrom parts in a moc, I would love for the business tusken to have chrome pants.

This can easily be taken apart without damaging the chrome paint, so I do foresee the use of chrome arms and legs in many future MOCs :grin:

Having chrome pants sound nice :laugh:

Oh, and here's a thought:

Do you think that the hands aren't chromed because they might flake off over time from holding weapons and stuff? The chrome gold minifig keychain doesn't have chromed hands, either. :look:

Oh Damn, i thought those were got in EU, i suppose Australia will never end up getting them.

I think only the visible parts are chromed because it is intended as a magnet, and who plays with the those? I think I will use the chrom parts in a moc, I would love for the business tusken to have chrome pants.

Even if it is a magnet, I would still prefer that entire minifig being chromed, because this looks pretty crappy with white areas left unchromed.

Having chrome pants sound nice :laugh:

Perfect for a Death Star Disco MOC. :tongue:

One thing that annoys me, is the white spots where the arms have been turned when sprayed in chrome.

Why oh why didn't they remove the arms and spray them individually.

That's the one thing that really bothers me as well, it just looks strange. Also, when the legs are bent the tops of them are white as well, which ruins the effect if the stormie wants to sit down. Still, a beautiful figure if I might say so myself. :classic:

Chrome pants ON! :laugh:

Oh Damn, i thought those were got in EU, i suppose Australia will never end up getting them.

Don´t worry, Brothers Brick told that they are coming to S@H worldwide. http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/06/16/c...-and-in-stores/

A friend of mine said that the german LEGO Stores already got deliveries of Chrome Stormies, that are going to be available today or in a few days for only 6,99€.

I too received mine the other day, and I just love it. :wub: The shine is remarkable, and I'm honestly not all that bothered by it not having chrome armpits. :wink:

I'll surely use the pieces in future MOCs. :thumbup:

Thanks for the pics KimT.

Wow, the tr00per is very nice, but he is only partly in chrome O.o

I'll buy it once he is in the Lego shop in Berlin.

Sry for my bad english, it was google translator ;D

Gruß

Nice find, Navy Trooper Fenson. $10 is a much better deal than $13 (or was it $12?). Now I'll probably be able to get two of them (one to open, one to keep MISB)! :laugh:

Nice find, Navy Trooper Fenson. $10 is a much better deal than $13 (or was it $12?). Now I'll probably be able to get two of them (one to open, one to keep MISB)! :laugh:

ya but shipping is expensive.

Still it's MISB for around $12 shipped if you buy enough.

I just ordered 4 :vader: