Emperor Claudius Rome

Bluecoat in LEGO Battles trailer!

Im there with you on that one. Just wondering why they just made it for Nintendo DS....

Maybe just for something different. I honestly don't have any idea why.

No Redcoat ship has a chance during a boarding when they discover my ship is filled with well-trained marines. :pir-devil:

Don't be to sure of your self there Cap'n, The British outnumber us by about 30 to 1 :pir_wacko:

Maybe just for something different. I honestly don't have any idea why.

I believe you are right.

No Redcoat ship has a chance during a boarding when they discover my ship is filled with well-trained marines. :pir-devil:

My hundred plus British marines are laughing in your general direction :pir-tongue:

Don't be to sure of your self there Cap'n, The British outnumber us by about 30 to 1 :pir_wacko:

On land, perhaps yes. But at sea...

And remember, our forces are growing! Ships, armies, forts...

My hundred plus British marines are laughing in your general direction :pir-tongue:

My men are laughing too at the hundred plus redcoats standing at the shores having no sealegs. :pir-tongue:

At least I haven't seen them on a ship before. :pir_laugh2:

On land, perhaps yes. But at sea...

And remember, our forces are growing! Ships, armies, forts...

I meant that they outnumber us at sea by about 30-1 and yes our military muscle is growing :cannon:

I like their look, grey pants go well with them.

And so is the captain here! :pir-sweet:

I'm wondering if it is a good idea to sell my old bluecoats now they are expensive, and with that money I can buy the new Bluecoats, IF they are being released.

I think I won't use my current Bluecoats if I have the new ones, and I also think they become pretty cheap. :pir_wacko::pir-sing:

Not a good idea :pir-wink:. As far as I know the redcoats are still popular (at least I like mine :pir-sweet:), even with the new redcoats released +their price hasn't really changed on BL.

You could use them as different battalions, or 1 type as navy, 1 type as landtroops and maybe there will be a classic pirates contest one day, with use of oldschool parts/minifigs (like the classic town contest).

maybe there will be a classic pirates contest one day, with use of oldschool parts/minifigs (like the classic town contest).

That's a good idea, I hope there is such a contest soon. :pir-wink:

I do hope we get a second soldier faction to the pirate theme, it would be great! But I don't think we can expect it any time soon. I think it's unlikely that TLG will make two different soldier factions at the same time and it seems too early for the red coats to be discontinued. They are still great minifigs that have a lot of potential. I guess we have to wait at least to the second half of 2010 or 2011 before we see any new soldier faction.

But it certainly is interesting that they chose blue coats for this game. Why bother to convert the red coats to inverted colours? It does make you wonder. But I must say that if we get the blue coats that are pictured in the game I will be disappointed. TLG should definitely make a new torso design instead of copying the old one. (And personally I prefer a different colour than blue. Please give us dark green soldiers :pir-wub: )

Well, I guess we just have to wait and enjoy the LEGO we got for the moment :pir-grin:

I would love to see figs with this blue version of the new Imperial Soldier torso. I really like the red one -- the design of the torso doesn't need to be changed.

soooo horrible graphics, why can't it be just a stratagy game for the PC (with nice graphics ofcours)

edit: but those 3d movies are great

Edited by repubilcFORCES

Thought y'all'd have a nergasm over this, hehe.

broadside.jpg

Governor Broadside is mentioned in LEGO Battles. :P

Thought y'all'd have a nergasm over this, hehe.

-Snip-

Yay :pir_laugh2: I wonder if he'll appear in MF collection V

Edited by General Armendariz

broadside.jpg

PRAISE BE

My hero has returned, HUZZAAAAA :pir_laugh2:

After playing it a bit more, it turns out that the new Admiral fig with the old governor's bicorn is called Broadside in the game.

After playing it a bit more, it turns out that the new Admiral fig with the old governor's bicorn is called Broadside in the game.

BLASPHEME How could they ever use a godly name such as GOVERNOR BROADSIDE to :pir-cry_sad: ....to :pir-cry_sad: ....to :pir-cry_sad: ...I'm getting all chocked up :pir_bawling:

Edited by Broadside

"Lego Battles", it looks like a cool game. The Blue Coats are soooooooooo nice, although they look to similar too the Red Coats. :hmpf_bad: I hope they come out with them.

PRAISE BE

My hero has returned, HUZZAAAAA pir_laugh2.gif

Is Admiral Woodhouse mentioned anywhere?

Edited by Admiral Woodhouse

Is Admiral Woodhouse mentioned anywhere?

I doubt it Mike :pir-sceptic: ...But you never know :pir-tongue:

You've got a very good point there, I think it's better to keep 'em. :pir-sweet:

I'm only wondering what I have to do with my old Bluecoats when the new ones arrive. :pir-grin:

Although, I have a drastic change in my armies:

I need marines to protect my ship from enemy boarding attempts, so I'm planning to remove the shako's from my men and add tricorners or top hats to them so they fit on board.

:] Just make sure you have a lot more of one kind than of the other so you can make elite troops

what you have the most will be line infantry, the others can be marines indeed or grenadiers, skirmishers or gunners (artillery soldiers had darker uniforms =D)

IF these guys will be sold :thumbup: I think they'll be my grenadiers (french grenadiers of the imperial guards that is)

they always got the newest outfits anyways

Bah, bluecoats. We'll probably see them as a rival navy next year, which, given lego's current trend, means that the redcoats will be phased out.

However, there's also MM in the trailer, so we may just not get bluecoats at all!

Edited by Broadside

Did you consider the possibility - given that there are many 'old' not-updated themes represented in the game - that the game was designed before the 2009 Pirates line came out and that the original idea was to include blue coats in the new sets, but that this was later changed to red in the sets but not in the game? The governor has the same torso in the game and the sets. If a line of blue coats was to be released, wouldn't they also change the blue coats governor's torso?

I'd really like a new line of blue coats, because I think the color scheme as seen in the game looks much better than the red coats that are in the Pirate sets now.