Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeStar

(MOC) 1930's Country/Mountain Tram

traintech1.jpg

tram_open.jpg

7th November 1935 - Dear Diary,

Today marks the 5th day we have been stranded here upon this blasted mountain. Myself, Teresa and the boy are stuck here in the harsh, slashing winds, abandoned by the tram's crew members. One spoke of seeing help, a angelic beacon, though none of us others saw it. He, the conductor, stumbled out into the snow-blizzard... He never came back.

Our driver was at least more valiant. He tried desperately to repair the tram, clear the damage done by the snow off the tracks, repair the line-catcher. Nothing worked. We found his body, impaled by his own wrench, with a note speaking of his 'return'. How terribly sad.

I pray for the dear calf and its mother we killed when blinded by the snow, the tram careering off its tracks and into the snow after battering two cows. What is a cowcatcher for? My son asked. Now he knows.

tram_cowcatcher.jpg

So now we, my dearest, loving family, sit here on this god-forsaken rock, in the sky-blue and chocolate-brown tram, fading... wilting.

I do not know of how much time I, or my family, have left.

All people are good. God bless us all.

tram_cast.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, today I present, for your viewing pleasure, a nineteen-thirties Country/Mountain tram.

Here are some pictures.

Front:

tram_front.jpg

Side:

tram_left_side.jpg

Back:

tram_back.jpg

Top:

tram_top.jpg

Interior:

tram_interior.jpg

Just a little teaser for an up-and-coming diorama.

Enjoy, C&C welcome!

~A.S.

What is a cowcatcher for? My son asked. Now he knows.

Best line of the story!

I can't wait for the diorama.

Thank you for your reply Tom.

Yes, I rather like that line too. Originally this was meant to be a rather humorous showing with the title "what's a cowcatcher for anyway?" but I fancy myself as a bit of a writer (my dad is a playwright and my poems have been published twice here in the UK), so decided to a darker story that will lead onto bigger things.

Glad to see you enjoyed it :classic:

~A.S.

Very nice MOC AS, but do you have a pic of the sort of mountain tram it's based on? Or is it all from your imagination? I like the colours, with the 'sky blue and chocolate brown' and the yellow detail. Lovely yellow. Does it have train wheels under those skirts?

Laurie

It was fro my imagination, as you said.

Originally it was in BNSF colors and a lot more modern, but I love old 30's trams, so decided to make one.

Its six-wide, so no train wheels. I used the classic small wheels and smooth tires, and in the diorama it'll be featured in I'm making my own road with dips for the wheels to fit in, just like a real tram. :wink: