Ras 74

The "What happend at the EB event 2009" thread.

Thanks everyone that attended this years event!

You made it another unforgivable and memorable weekend in the EB history.

I would like to thank the persons helping me out this year in no particular order:

Holodoc:For booking hotel, fighting their personal and finding out alot of

information and making the nessesary translations.

I value our friendship highly, and it was great to have you arround as always.

Next year you don�t have to have the sleepless nights for making so much efforts.

CopMike:For beeing the best negotiater there is. Getting us to pick some bricks

in the modular area. And offcourse the extras!!

Next years extras will be 200 € to top this year off.

So glad we joined up on this great site and made us so many awesome friends.

If I may say I love a member (and a man) here, it would be to you.

I love you CM :blush:

Also for all that you do, and help everyone out and dedicate some crazy amount of time to our benefit.

The events would be so less fun if it wasn´t for you.

Pumich:For making the coolest dark blue bricks become the most awesome Event nametags ever.

You are now our Purveyor if you want to.

Jan Beyer:For giving us the prizes to the Big contest.

Hope you all enjoyed them, and specially the 2 that got first and second prizes.

I really hope everybody got home real safe.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your posting.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Yours sincerely

-Ras-

Well to start off it was awesome and i really like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that joined and especially Copmike, Holodoc and Ras for organizing the crazy train ride. :thumbup::thumbup:

There's soo much to share with the rest of the forum, but i'll do that soon with some pics.

That was really an amazing weekend...

I was glad to join you for a day and evening/night this time. Really was cool to do something after being in the park. Hooray for bowling :D

I too have to say loooots of thanks to Holodoc, to Ras and CopMike for organization and to Holodoc thanks again that you drove me home...

Greetings, Aredhel

Wow :wub:

My first EB Event, it certainly won't be the last one, had an amazing time. Very happy that I went for the whole package instead of just going down there for the weekend, three whole days in Guenzburg was just about right.

So big thanks to Ras for all your hard work (though you still are the worst admin ever :tongue:), and of for letting me stay at your place before and after the trip so we could travel together.

An equally big thanks to Holodoc for all the hotel stuff and always being there to translate when English wasn't good enough.

And of course, a final big thanks to Copmike for brilliant extras, and fixing all the cool stuff like visiting the model builders' workshop. Also, together with Ras best traveling companions one could hope for, great trip.

Apart from that, I of course have to say thanks to everyone who was there and made this Event such a great experience, I hope to see all of you again at some time, sooner rather than later. :classic:

Now it´s time for me to say thank you.

I would like to say thank´s to all of the members making this event extraordinary, and that are first of all Ras and Copmike who both did a marvellous job (again). :thumbup:

I´m very proud to say that I count you to my very special friends.

The best thing about this event was, that this crowd of friends is still growing. :cry_happy:

Thank you, Morten, Kim and Quarryman!

But even when we stayed 5 days, it was too short to have conversations with all of those great members coming. I sincerely regret this.

Hey, Benelux whatever team - you´ll have to attend earlier! Good to know that most of you will join us next year.

Hopefully we can start 2010 where we left 2009. It has to go on, and for my part it will go on.

So, like everybody, I would like to thank Ras, Holodoc and Copmike for the great organisation of this event.

The extra parts and other polybags are very nice! When we’ve go them, it was like a chrismas day for me!

The exclusive EB event set, aka the “droid cantina” is very well done too, and even if I’m not a SW fan, I’m proud to have this exclusive set (like the others, and especially the chrome Vader).

But all those bricks are just a small part of the event.

The other part is all the souvenirs of greats and friendly moments.

Seeing people in real is very nice, and this more when those people are nice and so friendly!

I know that I don’t have spoken a lot with you (it’s easier for me to read, write and listen than to speak, I need to practice my oral English for the next event!) but that didn’t prevent me to spend a great event!

The different games from the “regular” competition were very funny (I’ve to learn my Bible and have some special training for the next event…), as the CGH pull back motor competition (well, it seems my so small powered motor allows me to win a round! :tongue: Now, I’ve got an idea for a better car for the next event…)

So with a lot of bricks, a lot of good moment and games, my first event was like a LEGO dream! It was one of my best LEGO moments in my life!

It will be hard for me to go to work tomorrow, with those few days in mind… :hmpf_bad:

Hope to see you soon guys and girl. :cry_happy:

Members CopMike, Quarryman and Ras 74 did a roadtrip together.

We started 20/5 by taking the ferry post-114-1243417077.jpg from Gothenborg to Fredrikshavn at 7:30

post-114-1243417178.jpg

Then the rest of the trip in this next pic is how the Swedish/Norway-team detoured to the goal in Günzburg

*Imagine Indiana Jones music - Dadadada, dadada...*

post-114-1243417197.jpg

At 0:20 we arrived at our hotel. Morten and KimT welcomed us in the parking lot with a glass of rum and coke.

Following morning we had breakfast where Holodoc and his son joined in as well.

They where at sleep already the night before when we came. Exept when I phoned Holodoc to ask about the last guidance to the hotel.

He never picked it up though, but he woke up he said the day after.

We ended up in the highway one more time there :hmpf: go figure…

After the breakfast we went to the park. So we walked there. It took about 20 minutes.

We lived a lot closer this time then for 2 years ago.

This was a lot easier then 2 years ago as the Danish team did it then as well, but only did that mistake once.

I have no idea where they got the idea of walking then :grin:

For this year you could add a few euros to your season pass, and it is now valid to all the LEGOLAND parks in Europe. This is very good :thumbup:

You also got some tickets that gave you some good offers. Like 20 % in the big LEGO store $$ *Tjatjing*

When all this was done and we had a walk in the park, we had lunch at the Dino grill post-114-1243417226.jpg

We didn´t stay so long in the park this day.

After the long day before, we where all pretty tired.

We met Dennimator in the evening together with his mother and little sister. They had tried to find us in the park with no luck.

Not so strange since we weren’t there anymore.

They had had a slight malfunction with their GPS, just take a look at our 3 pic again :hmpf:

Heard Dennimmom saying something "... out the window... not trust that *swear words, swear words* thing ..."

Then came the Friday.

This was the big day that the most Eventees should arrive.

We met the Benelux-Whatever-Team in the park, and the French-Connections by the hotel at the end of the day back at the hotel.

We also met Dfenz and his son that came all the way from Ireland.

Last but not least DJ Force with wife, sister and daughter. She looked like a small princess.

It is really the best with all those Events to meet and talk to the persons IRL behind weird avatars and crazy titles.

The worst thing with those Events is that time fly away.

Didn´t get to speak as much as I wanted to some of the Eventees.

This is my story from getting to the Event, until meeting up with everyone.

Please add your own stories and reflections of YOUR event.

There is always small stories that goes around that is lovely to hear.

-Ras-

Benelux-Whatever-Team/times 100

There you go, just called you the Benelux-Whatever-Team 100 times.

What are you gonna do?

Come to Sweden?

So scared On... NOT!

-Ras-

Well... With all the climatic changes, everyone knows that Amsterdam will be under water in a few years :tongue:

Hey stop calling us the Benelux-whatever-team, i totally kicked all your megablocks in bowling! :tongue:

What about the other competitions? :tongue::grin:

:sing: "Benelux-whatever-team" :sing:

We'll just have to start taking over the world again then.

Mr. Whiskers, where are you, i have a plan. :tongue:

I´m sorry if I have offended you. I actually like the Netherlands. Everyone should visit each and every spot of it, while it´s still there :tongue:

I mean, seriously. Everyone has 15 minutes to spare for this :grin:

Members CopMike, Quarryman and Ras 74 did a roadtrip together.

We started 20/5 by taking the ferry post-114-1243417077.jpg from Gothenborg to Fredrikshavn at 7:30

*snip*

Then the rest of the trip in this next pic is how the Swedish/Norway-team detoured to the goal in Günzburg

*snip*

We met Dennimator in the evening together with his mother and little sister. They had tried to find us in the park with no luck. Not so strange since we weren’t there anymore.

They had had a slight malfunction with their GPS, just take a look at our 3 pic again :hmpf:

Heard Dennimmom saying something "... out the window... not trust that *swear words, swear words* thing ..."

-Ras-

Rofl! :laugh:

My mum actually is a member, she´s Roadwalker ... :tongue:

Hey stop calling us the Benelux-whatever-team, i totally kicked all your megablocks in bowling! :tongue:
*snipped "benelux-whatever-team x100*

There you go, just called you the Benelux-Whatever-Team 100 times.

What are you gonna do?

Come to Sweden?

So scared On... NOT!

-Ras-

Just 100? Here´s 500:

Benelux-Whatever-Team/times 500

:tongue:

(I live in Sweden too, so I´m safe as well (I hope... :look: )) :vader:

My mum actually is a member, she´s Roadwalker ... :tongue:
Didn´t notice that by then.

Now I know ;)

-Ras-

What about the other competitions? :tongue::grin:

:sing: "Benelux-whatever-team" :sing:

Well a certain double lightsaber came in handy for the minifig in the paper airplane competition. But what I can't figure out is what was I supposed to do with those unmentionable black pieces? Did I miss a midnight competition or something?

Anyway, Alan and I enjoyed the event. It was nice to put the faces to the names. A special word of thanks to all the organisers as its not easy keeping everyone in line and ensuring everything running smoothly.

David

Well a certain double lightsaber came in handy for the minifig in the paper airplane competition. But what I can't figure out is what was I supposed to do with those unmentionable black pieces? Did I miss a midnight competition or something?

Ooops :laugh:

You're OUT :devil:

Well Kim is kind of right here.

Since the competition never was declared finnished.

So the once that is out by now is in this order:

Captain Green Hair

KimT

Dennimator

Dfenz

So that competition ends... NOW!

We (the competition group) started this out as a joke.

Holodoc thought it would be fun to just let you bring different pieces, and never tell you anything about them.

Then it developed into this competitions with the rules.

If we would had the time on saturday (wish we never had) we would just like to see what you could

make out of your bricks that you all (at least think you) did.

Then we all could have voted who did the best out of 20 black pieces.

There would not have been a prize, just the honour of winning.

The once that was out, would have got a second chance.

We had really hoped that more would go down the dark side and tryed to figure stuff out.

Maybe we where to soft in the last thing.

We should have trigged you way more, to exclude the more of you.

Thanks for your patience everybody!

-Ras-

Boo! :hmpf_bad:

Well, at least it was fun to have pokey, spikey bricks in my pocket all the time :laugh:

Thanks Ras, CopMike and Holodoc for all the work you've done to make this event a wonderful experience. I enjoyed it a lot to meet everyone in real life, it's sad we have to wait a full year till the next event. It was my first event, but I'm addicted already, so expect me to be there again next year.

The Benelux-whatever-team?

We'll just have to start taking over the world again then.

Mr. Whiskers, where are you, i have a plan. :tongue:

A plan for Mr. Whiskers... I'm curious.. :oh:

Btw. Seems you guys have had a great event! :classic::thumbup:

Edited by Teddy

A plan for Mr. Whiskers... I'm curious.. :oh:

Yes, start ze machine!

Btw. Seems you guys have had a great event! :classic::thumbup:

We did, you should come next time!

The Benelux-whatever-team?
Yeees...

Your in it by the way I see by judging from your location :wink: