How do you rate this set?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

A great set! The only downfall was the lack of stairs to the pizza shop's second floor. Otherwise, It's marvelous and can (somewhat) fit in with the CC neighborhood! :classic:

Excellent review!

This is my most anticiapted City set this year. I never really cared for the bike/skate shop, It will be an excellent addition to my town with my skater/biker punks.

The Pizzeria and bus are the big selling point for me. My current pizzeria is a piece of crap so I'm going to try and intergrate this into my town, or MOD it into it. The bus is spectacular. I'm glad LEGO fixed quality issues with the windows. It looks much better.

Great review and Great set! I got this for my sister's birthday and can't wait for her to open it in a few months time!

The design for the bus is great and so are the shops. Finally my City figs have a place to eat and move around.

And of course, one can get two of those skateboard hat without needing to get that coast guard impulse set.

Thanks for the review again, made me feel better about my money being spent!

Great review :thumbup:

I bought this set a few days ago. Since then I have had time to gather thoughts and opinions about it.

Of course it is simply awesome and defines a perfect City set. This set is 100% civilian based.

That is why it is so popular and well liked.

We got a Pizza restaurant, a cool bike repair shop, a Bus and Bus stop.

I do not recall ever seeing a Bus being made, ever.

This bus is simply beautiful ,LEGO could have skimped out and only gave the bus 1 door, but no they gave it 2 doors.

It seats 5 plus the driver. Which I think is very good, considering most LEGO cars and vehicles only seat 1.

One possible improvement would be a counter or cash register in the Bike/skate shop.

Oh and no stickers but instead printed bricks.

Everything else is simply amazing :wub:

A+

Edited by Macoco

I do not recall ever seeing a Bus being made, ever.

It's been a while, but in 1979 there was this:

379-1.1105127490.thumb2.jpg

Legoland Bus Station

It was my first ever Lego set and I still have it! A great little set... and of course I have the City Corner bus too!

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

It's been a while, but in 1979 there was this:

snip

It was my first ever Lego set and I still have it! A great little set... and of course I have the City Corner bus too!

Oh thanks! :classic:

I was sure there was a Bus made at sometime by LEGO but was too lazy to search for it myself :grin:

Usually I can just recall sets from memory but not the Bus in this case.

Took 30 years for new bus! Compare that with say a fire truck which we get every other year pretty much. :hmpf:

Now I can see maybe 5-10 years, 20 is long time but 30 is just crazy.

Me and my 3.5 year old soon was at the store to day. He did pick this kit. (i know he is to little, but we build together and both of us loves it, this is our first "big" kit)

We did build the bus to day and he loves it. We will build the house tomorrow.

Bus is 10/10, great design!

I have built up 3 of these so far. MY son loves the bus too. Have left one city corner as it is, the other two lots not. Just one other pizza bar I have, the other is to be a bank and the two bike/skateboard shops put together into a rural hardware store fitted out with tools, hardware and even a water pump on display. One thing I can note is the bus has great detail, but the pizza bar, well I'll need to pimp my shop ! Maybe with a espresso machine or something and up stairs, thats crying out for some decor of some kind. I voted above average, only because of a sound idea and a bus !

Wonderful review, Svelte! I didn't actually expect City Corner to be that good of a set-it seems I was proved wrong!

Also, isn't that a new shade of 1x1 plate on the back of the bus?

Wonderful review, Svelte! I didn't actually expect City Corner to be that good of a set-it seems I was proved wrong!

Also, isn't that a new shade of 1x1 plate on the back of the bus?

Thanks for your comment!

Do you mean the trans-orange 1x1 plate on the headlights? They also appeared in the Jan wave of City construction sets :wink:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp...rID=98&in=A

Great Review Svelte :thumbup:

I wish I had goten this set, but SW is my main theme.

The 1x2 cheese slope, looks very nice! :wub: I have a weakness for those cheese slopes :laugh::grin: so it's nice to see a 1x2 one, even though the 1x1s are fine.

Overall this set is very nice! I like it how your can change it, as in, have it all straight. Or have it as a corner.

The parts selection is very good. :thumbup:

Good job again Svelte.

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Fantastic review for a fantastic set! :thumbup: I have it and it is a great set. The 1x2 cheese slope also comes in Traveler.

Bus is an excellent addition to the set and Lego finally made Town sets, not only Emergency ones!

We've had enough of robbers, firefighters and policemans, we want civillians and kids!

I have no use for the 1x2 cheese slope except for a place to put a sticker on so it doesn't go over multiple pieces. :sceptic: