kris kelvin

Pirates Advent Calendar

hurray its avaible in denmark..... i should get 2. :pir-skull:

yup - kind of weird that they're already available in Denmark. We are used to wait for so long compared to LEGO release dates in for example the US

And probably never will be, just like the Castle one. Figures. :pir-hmpf_bad: Oh well, at least I have a dad who does business trips to Germany. :pir-grin:

Hooray for cousins in Denmark that come to the USA for the holidays!

:pir-grin:

I've been interested in the calendar for sometime now, but if it's a similar case to the Tic Tac Toe of cheap-prod figs I definitely won't be buying. Until we get clarification on that, i'm on hold. :pir-sceptic:

I've been interested in the calendar for sometime now, but if it's a similar case to the Tic Tac Toe of cheap-prod figs I definitely won't be buying. Until we get clarification on that, i'm on hold. :pir-sceptic:

I really hope the Advent calendar figs don't suffer the same flaws. Last year's castle Advent calendar had good quality figs in it. Also, it seems that the preassembled minifigs are the ones of lower quality and Advent calendar minfigs are unassembled.

If this advent calendar doesn't come to the US and Canada, I, along with thousands of other LEGO fans, will be really angry. Didn't LEGO learn from last year that there are a huge amount of North Americans that want the non-City themed calendars?

EDIT: Just sent this letter to LEGO Customer Service:

Dear LEGO

I was wondering if you are planning on releasing the Pirates Advent Calendar (just released today) to North America. The advent calendar is available to all countries except the US and Canada, which makes me wonder if you might not release it to us. I hope you have learned from last year's Castle Advent Calendar, because there are thousands of LEGO fans in North America that want to buy the Pirates Advent Calendar. If you do not plan on releasing it to us, please consider it, as you will make many fans of your products happy.

Thank you for taking your time to read this letter.

Edited by ILikePi

If this advent calendar doesn't come to the US and Canada, I, along with thousands of other LEGO fans, will be really angry. Didn't LEGO learn from last year that there are a huge amount of North Americans that want the non-City themed calendars?

Let us know how it goes. I'm torn on whether I should buy this one or the city one for my niece, though if it doesn't come out here in the United States it will probably make my decision easier. :pir-tongue:

Awesome! :pir-wub:

Really nice set and a good way to get the mermaid for those who didn't buy the ship

Shame it is not available in US :pir_bawling:

Probably the only advent calendar I would have bought too :shark:

I'm really looking forward to getting this, hope someone does a review soon :pir-sweet:.

I don't think it would help, since LEGO doesn't listen to their customers, at least judging by the huge amount of sets, specials and promos only available in the US, and not in the rest of the world, even when they are constantly remembered that it is a wrong decision. And it seems fair if it wouldn't be released there, seeing there are a lot of sets the rest of us miss out on, since the US allready gets way more sets (nearly all, I think only last years castle calendar (which was even made available) and a few promo sets in Asia and the UK are exeptions), gets most sets first, more special offers and cheaper LEGO. Now you know how the rest of us feel when we can't get a set :pir-wink:, and that happens a lot.

Edited by Fluyt

Review up on Brickshelf by Rogueyoda -

Same format as Castle box last year -

img_7979.jpg

img_7981.jpg

img_7983.jpg

img_7984.jpg

Nice! :pir-wub:

img_7988.jpg

img_7990.jpg

img_7992.jpg

img_7994.jpg

img_7996.jpg

img_7998.jpg

img_8000.jpg

:pir-sceptic: Hmmm, I don't know yet about the contents... In terms of minifigs I would have definitely preferred it if different minifigs were included for the captain, the skeleton, and even the mermaid. The accessories are nice though.

Fairly nice set, good minifig selection. I only wish one of the minifigs had this head: 3626bpb312.jpg and the admiral or his daughter would have been a nice addition+ an extra rifle and oar, since the arsenal is a bit sparse and you can't do much with only one oar.

Anyone notice the shako isn't printed?

Edited by Fluyt

Anyone notice the shako isn't printed?

It's mentioned in the linked review. Good old classic unprinted shako :pir-wink:

Hello all,

I have some bad news unfortunately, the pirate advent calendar will not be available in the USA. It's solely for the Europeen market. We went through this last year with the castle advent calendar and only a handful of North American fans could get that calendar (thanks to Steve Witt from TLG). I advice you to make friends in Europe so that you can't get the pirate one. You may want to theck Bricklink and Ebay too. Good luck obtaining the set.

By the way, there have been some minifig quality issues with certain gear sets (like tic-tac-toe etc). I'm glad to say that the pirate advent calendar has top quality figures.

By the way, there have been some minifig quality issues with certain gear sets (like tic-tac-toe etc). I'm glad to say that the pirate advent calendar has top quality figures.

Good to hear! Really want that mermaid and pirate wench! Wish the Admiral was included.

Hello all,

I have some bad news unfortunately, the pirate advent calendar will not be available in the USA. It's solely for the Europeen market. We went through this last year with the castle advent calendar and only a handful of North American fans could get that calendar (thanks to Steve Witt from TLG). I advice you to make friends in Europe so that you can't get the pirate one. You may want to theck Bricklink and Ebay too. Good luck obtaining the set.

No offence to americans but...Its about time!

Americans got the Pirate sets before Christmas and we got them in like January or March, So this time, We get the set before the americans! I think Lego is changing, UK is getting a advent calander before america, we are getting special promontional offers before america! :thumbup:

Hello all,

Thanks Cargri, you make my life easy :laugh:

Yes, it a rather unfortunate for our US members, but this was confirmed today by the LEGO community team to the ambassadors.

:pir-sad2:

Oh well, it looks like LEGO is going to lose around hundreds of thousands of USD.

I probably won't get the City Advent Calendar either, since some of the mini models in that set look like they were made in a few minutes.

Also, the Winter Toy House seems expensive.

Oh and by the way, I got a reply from LEGO Customer Service:

Dear *insert name here*

Thank you for your follow up email and I'm glad that I can clarify further. I am sorry to say that I've just found out that the Pirate Advent Calendar is not expected to be available for sale in the United States at this time. I apologize that I gave you misinformation earlier, it was not my intent to mislead you. I can commiserate with you as I was expecting this to be released soon. I can share with you that I was disappointed as well about the decision made. I am happy to forward your comments on to the department responsible.

Again, I apologize about any inconvenience and misinformation.

Warm Regards,

Ariana

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

She said "I apologize that I gave you misinformation earlier, it was not my intent to mislead you" because I was first sent a generic e-mail that had almost nothing to do with my question.

I really would like to know what TLG's reasoning behind this is... It just doesn't make any sense to do this 2 years in a row.

The Castle one was obviously well-received, so why would they not want to fix their mistake from last year? Any chance of finding out O' Great Ambassador? :pir_laugh2:

Thank you very much for showing us this review, kris kelvin! :pir-classic:

This advent calendar is a really great addition for those which collect Pirates sets since it includes a lot of great accessory. The minifigs aren't that outstanding since there is no new one. :pir-sad2: But the accessories are really great! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter