Oky

Ground Armored Tank (GAT)

indexed.gif

GAT - Ground Armored Tank

Pieces: 197

Minifigs: 0

From Wookieepedia:

The Ground Armored Tank (GAT) was a light tank used in the early Clone Wars by the Confederacy of Independent Systems as a light attack tank. It was rivaled by the Republic TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank. It was built by Baktoid Armor Workshop and, like many Separatist vehicles, the GAT was piloted by an integrated droid brain. While it was capable of performing a variety of tasks, the GAT excelled as a reconnaissance and fast-attack craft, due to its light armor.

The Full Article

gat.jpg

Front:

front.jpg

Left Side:

left_side.jpg

Rear:

rear.jpg

Right Side:

right_side.jpg

Top:

top.jpg

Bonus Pictures

The GAT in Acceleration Mode:

acceleration_mode_side.jpg

acceleration_mode_rear.jpg

The GAT on the ground (without the fake-hovering-technique glass :wink: ):

on_ground.jpg

And here it is meeting its match, the TX-130 Fighter Tank:

face_off.jpg

Reference Pic 1:

GAT.jpg

Reference Pic 2:

gat_rear1.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Comments:

After I played the levels from the SW Battlefront 2 conversion pack and heard about this contest, I knew I had to make this! It was a challenge staying under the piece limit for the Small category, but I am quite happy how it turned out. Please let me know what you think and what I can still improve. Thanks!

Edited by KimT

Woah nice! :cry_happy:

Thats really good :classic:

My only problem is the grey/bley mix ( :tongue: )

Good MOC, Only just small! :tongue:

Very nice design, that looks just like the real deal. Absolutly love it :wub:

I also like the way you used the blue-ish bricks to make it look like it hovers.

Cant think of any improvements... :laugh:

When I first saw this I fought it really looked like the TX-130 and I was suprised when you compared the two.

I think it looks really good and great use of those technic pieces :thumbup:

The Cannons looks quite good also. Good luck!

Atlast! That is one awesome MOC Oky! I like the way you made the hover engines able to move up and down. :thumbup::thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

Btw, I am a Knight! :cry_happy:

I am speechless by the engine mechanism and it's defintely one of the nice looking design factor which has been taken to consideration. Good use of the trans-blue 1x2 bricks, to illustrate the elevation power from the turbine engine. Very nicely done! :thumbup:

Great MOC! Firstly it looks very accurate and the colours look nice. You have really made this MOC well. Secondly I didn't know anyone else here played SWBFII with the Conversion pack. (I personally prefer BFX 2.2 mod though). Great work :thumbup: .

Edited by Skipper 24

... played SWBFII with the Conversion pack. (I personally prefer BFX 2.2 mod though) ...

There is a convertion pack? :oh:

EDIT: No matter. Skipper told me about it. :thumbup:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Thanks for the kind words, guys! :cry_happy:

So, there is nothing I can improve, not even on the thread?

My only problem is the grey/bley mix

Well, if you look at the reference pics, the original doesn't consist of the exact same color all-over either. :wink: Besides, I always think that this type of combination gives a MOC a kind of used/battle-damaged/camouflaged look.

Wow this is really a great Moc, well done! I love the little 1x2 blue transclear pieces you put in to resemble a sort of Air Thrust, really nice detail! Great job!

Nice model Oky Wan, it's a really interesting design and you've captured the shape of it really well - good job! It's a vehicle I'm unfamiliar with but it looks great in LEGO.

I see an interesting side effect in your lighting giving the bley a greenish tinge, much like the colour scheme in your reference images - looks pretty cool!

A very cool work, that beast looks pretty dangerous and elegant too! :thumbup:

Great job! You made it very detailed to the original yet you kept it at a small peice count ,I was thrilled when I saw that you won! Keep up the good work!