7115 Gungan Patrol

Name: Gungan Patrol

Theme: Star Wars Episode I

Set Number: 7115

Pieces: 77

Year released: 2000

Minifigures: 2

Price: Can't remember

Front of the instruction manual (don't have the box anymore).

IMG_6176.jpg

Back

IMG_6175.jpg

Minifig page.

IMG_6177.jpg

Random page.

IMG_6178.jpg

The two minifigures: A Gungan Soldier and Jar Jar Binks.

IMG_6170.jpg

The Gungan Soldier.

IMG_6173.jpg

The Gungan Soldier with his spear and (lovely) shield. Nice torso aswell.

IMG_6172.jpg

Jar Jar.

IMG_6171.jpg

Jar Jar's Kaadu. I really like these creatures and the green groundplate is a nice addition.

IMG_6162.jpg

Close-up of printed piece.

IMG_6164.jpg

Jar Jar on his kaadu.

IMG_6165.jpg

The Gungan Soldier on his kaadu.

IMG_6166.jpg

Back.

IMG_6167.jpg

Bomb compartment.

IMG_6168.jpgIMG_6169.jpg

The complete set.

IMG_6160.jpgIMG_6161.jpg

Price: ?/10 - Can't remember.

Parts: 10/10 - This has a lot of great parts such as the Gungan heads, the kaadus, the blue bombs and the shield.

Playability: 8/10 - This was a favourite of mine when I was younger. Great for creating the Battle of Naboo scene from "The Phantom Menace".

Minifig: 8/10 - Pretty good. The Gungan Soldier is a nice addition. Couldn't care less for Jar Jar because I already have him a couple of times. But nice if you haven't got him.

Final: 8/10 - Good set with good minifigs.

Edited by Mischa07

Great review Mischa07!

I always like seeing reviews of Star Wars sets that were released before 2006 (when I started liking LEGO). :classic:

Price: Can't remember

--------------

Price: ?/10 - Can't remember.

According to Peeron, the MSRP price was $10.00 USD.

By the way, what are those trans-blue cylinders for?

Edited by ILikePi

Great review Mischa07!

I always like seeing reviews of Star Wars sets that were released before 2006 (when I started liking LEGO). :classic:

Good, because I'm going to do a whole lot more of them :laugh: And thanks for the compliments!

Those 'trans-blue cylinders' are those energy bombs that the Gungans use in the film (if you can remember).

I think I'll use the prices from Peeron from now on, because I don't know what I paid for almost any of the sets that I have.

They're supposed to be those electricity energy ball things the Gungan's threw during the end battle of episode 1.

Wookiepedia fails for an image.

Great review Mischa07!

Thanks, Mischa07! I also like reviews of these older sets, since my dark age lasted from about 1995 to 2006. This set I managed to get on eBay, since I just had to have my own Jar-Jar. The kaadus are also pretty great, and I love the Gungan soldier and his shield.

Edited by soc399

Good, because I'm going to do a whole lot more of them :laugh: And thanks for the compliments!

Those 'trans-blue cylinders' are those energy bombs that the Gungans use in the film (if you can remember).

I think I'll use the prices from Peeron from now on, because I don't know what I paid for almost any of the sets that I have.

They're supposed to be those electricity energy ball things the Gungan's threw during the end battle of episode 1.

Wookiepedia fails for an image.

Thanks for explaining what those trans-blue cylinders are guys! :classic:

By the way I've actually never watched a Star Wars movie (except for Star Wars: The Clone Wars). :tongue: I watched a bit of the movie where Anakin becomes Darth Vader, but that's it.

I have no idea why I like LEGO Star Wars so much... :tongue:

EDIT: I voted above average because it comes with gungans and kaadus. :thumbup:

Edited by ILikePi

Ooh, this is one of the few Star Wars sets I really want! All the creatures in it are so nice, and the Gungan Soldier's torso and shield would suit fantastically to an elf or a fairy character.

Poll added.

Thanks for reviewing this set for us :classic:

Thanks for a great review :classic:

I really like this set. :cry_happy: I have a few now, but most of them are missing the bomb holer roller thingy :sceptic::cry_sad:

A great set, a good army-builder :thumbup:

Nice review of a set that I find quite nice, but I'd love to see more of your opinions in your reviews and more comments about the set. You should really think about joining the Reviewers Academy, it certainly helped me become a better reviewer and post reviews that are even more interesting for the rest of us.

Great start reviewing, though!

Nice review! I personally hate this set, I think it is ugly and stupid but other than that.... Well at least the figs are alright.

Nice review of a set that I find quite nice, but I'd love to see more of your opinions in your reviews and more comments about the set. You should really think about joining the Reviewers Academy, it certainly helped me become a better reviewer and post reviews that are even more interesting for the rest of us.

Yeah, I'm working on it :classic: What's this Reviewers Academy that you are talking about it?

Edited by Mischa07

Yeah, I'm working on it :classic: What's this Reviewers Academy that you are talking about it?

It's a wonderful place where they teach you how to make brilliant review. Just go to the website and forms thread and find the pinned topic about it there. It is really worthwhile.

Masked Builder I am not sure you are aware of this but you bumped a review well over a year old. I am not sure how frowned upon bumping reviews is and I am not trying to mini-mod but there is a chance that the reviewer is not currently an active member on Eurobricks. Not trying to be a jerk but just a heads up for future reference.

The question is a good one though, which is asked "in the open air".

Anyone with this set can answer and hopefully someone will.

It's better to ask such a question in the review, instead of making a brand new topic.

A good example of an allowed bumpin' :classic:

Sorry Kim T like I said I wasn't trying to mini mod, just help. Unfortunately I do not own yhe set so I can't help. & sorry Masked Builder I wasn't trying to be a jerk just help out. Hope you get the answer you need. :classic:

The Kaadu itself is six bricks tall and the "feather" tubes are nine bricks tall for a total height of sixteen bricks. It looks around five or six inches tall as well. Hope that helps a bit.

By the way, nice review. I've always liked this set-the Gungan warrior is one of my favorite Star Wars mini-figs. I would have liked a second one included instead of yet another Jar-Jar, but luckily I found lots of these sets discounted making it easy to build up a small army.

The Kaadu itself is six bricks tall and the "feather" tubes are nine bricks tall for a total height of sixteen bricks. It looks around five or six inches tall as well. Hope that helps a bit.

Okay thanks dude!