Guss

One cabin, two captains.

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 66d

"The Beauty"is an Imperial ship that was travelling with an important cargo, full of gold and treasure.. when the Second mate saw a pirate ship , he asked a soldier to go and warn the captain, meanwhile, another soldier asked for the long view to watch it...

PB254525_254689.JPG

later... the Pirates attacked, their ship got seriously damaged , but they won, they decided to keep the Beauty and right now the crew members are celebrating their victory as every pirate does !

on the upper deck, a pirate is going to burn the imperial flag while another is bringing their flag to replace it!

PB254514Lm_2d9039.jpg

in the cabin, the captain is celebrating his victory with his second mate, while contemplating their loot. The captain also think this cabin really suits him !

PB254516_256d30.JPG

here it is^^ feel free to comments and critics^^

thanks for watching!

Full gallery here : http://guss.teammu.com/modules/extgallery/...album.php?id=74

Edited by SlyOwl

Wow the cabin is really detailed, I love it!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you make the piano? I can't quite tell what the black keys are made out of.

This is an extemely nice piece of work you got there! Wonderful! :thumbup:

What I like:

Actually everything! So many details to look at, some nice techniques and a very nice colour sheme!

The piano and the bed are really nice!

The story is nice as well. :pir-blush:

What could be improved:

- To make it more realistic, I should replace the fences beneath the flag at the back for something else.

Ships hadn't fences at the back because the stern was a bit higher then the deck.

- Add 1 large lantern near the flag or make 3 lanterns, one for the middle (slightly larger) and two at the sides.

- Adding some more windows to the cabin. The place with the picture on the wall is a nice place for a window.

The picture could be set above the piano.

- Try to tile the deck above the cabin, or try a SNOT technique like you did in the cabin. It makes it more realistic compared to the rest of the entry since the cabin has a nice floor. :pir-blush:

Those things should make your entry even nicer then it already is!

Again, very, very nice job! :thumbup:

You win.

Ha, well put marshal gershon.

I especially like the floor and bed. Most of the furniture really; the piano and chair are also nicely done.

~M~

thanks a lot Marshal gershon ^^ I'm proud you like it!

thanks too Posades, there is a close view of the piano on the gallery I just put the link to (as I don't have the right to show more than 3 pictures, go and see it there : here sorry ^^ )

but I can tell you that the black keys are made with : 2452.png and : 4276.png

and the white keys are simply mades with 2x1 plates.

Edit :

thanks a lot Cap'n Blackmoor ^^

- Adding some more windows to the cabin. The place with the picture on the wall is a nice place for a window.

The picture could be set above the piano.

hey that's a good idea! I don't know if I'll try, maybe If I find time! I broke my moc after photographing it :/ ( stupid guss, and stupid gravity^^)

the lanterns are a good Idea too, but I don't really want to put a snot upper deck, I miss some pieces, and It'll be very hard! ... maybe I can.. I don't know, If I find the time to try the windows thing, ^^

thanks too Medievalego ^^

I didn't think I was going to have so many great comment in less than 5 minutes, you guys are fast ^^ thanks a lot everyone!

Edited by Guss

This is absolutely incredible. Definitely one of the best entries to the contest I have seen thus far. The competition is definitely getting tougher, but I don't think you have to worry about yours being anything less than one of the top contenders. I understand the parameters of the contest dictate the construction of an interior scene but I can't help wishing to see this level of interior detail expanded to a large ship MOC. That would be absolutely :wub: :wub: :wub:

This is an amazing entry. Really. I think you might well end up with the winners, although there is some strong competition.

thanks a lot Mania3, this is my dream too to build a big ship with a nice interior !

thanks a lot Zorro ^^

Thanks a lot I Scream Clone, good luck to you too ! your entry is amazing too^^

Beautiful entry Guss! :pir-classic:

I greatly enjoyed reading the story.

It's chock-full of nice color and detail, and in addition, I love how you incorporated the light blue and tan into the floor. It really pops out to the eye.

Your piano is stunning as well, the usage of the hinge pieces is perfect.

Good work on the bed, the color selection (as with the rest of your entry) is outstanding, and matches the Imperial colors nicely. Although the pillow would seem a bit hard on the back :pir-tongue: . Nice job with the supports also.

The upper deck may be small, but I feel that you packed in a great amount of cool designs into a space that size. I love the brown chains connecting the cannons. A great little detail. Plus, the Imperial flag waving above pulls the blue into the upper deck too.

There's really not much to improve, but here are a few suggestions.

Some improvement ideas:

1) Simply putting some brown tiles around the SNOT area on the lower deck would match a whole lot better, and give your entry an ever smoother look.

2) I like Cap'n Blackmoor's idea of adding a window where the picture is. It would break up the plain wall nicely.

3) Your tan armchair on the right looks excellent, but I feel it almost looks a bit too modern. Perhaps you could "old-fashion" it a bit more.

To accomplish this, you could make the back a little less angled, because I think people often associate that with modern. Maybe a few more textured pieces as well.

4) The desk at the back might look nice with some added things, for example a hairbrush, some trans-bottles, or an ink bottle with quill.

==================================================

Your entry is simply superb. Great build, beautiful colors, along with some nice humor and a fun story set your entry at a high level.

Excellent work, and good luck! :monkey:

Really nice Guss !

I really like the story and your bed is simply amazing !

The color schema is beautiful.

I really like the captain frisking his chest, nice detail !

This contest has so many great and strong entry, and yours is certainly a part of it ! Well done !

Wooosh, that is one detailed and impressive moc! Defiantly a chance of winning.

Thanks a lot Erdbeereis ! I thought about adding some snot on the base but as it show where the "walls " normally are, I thought that not tiling it will show that there is "normally" a wall there^^ I ll see what I can do.. if I have the time to!

for the armchair... I had some "technical issues" , I wanted it to be tan, and I don't really have "curved" tan pieces.. so that'll be quite hard to do

for the desk at the back, there were a little knife and a 1x1 cone with a part on it ( simulating a candle) on it but it fell when I transported it to photography it , I didn't see it -_- if I have some time to rebuild everything and modify it, I'll put it back.

thanks the colours scheme, I wanted it to remind the imperials^^

thanks you very much , 74louloute, yeah this contest really have some great entries^^ yours is one ! the moving stuff is excellent!

Thanks a lot Natman8000 ! ^^

WOW GUSS, I had seen this on the front page earlier today but did not realise it was yours untill now.

Very impresive, my moneys on you FTW :thumbup:

Buttons

Alright lets get with the criticizing.

What I like

1. How you showed before and after pics! :pir_laugh2:

2. That beutaful piano

3. The picture, nice detail

What can be improved

1. Shouldn't you roof the cabin? On rainy days I dont think the captains will like it :pir_wacko:

2. On the pirate pic add some battle damage to it, to show it just had a great battle

3. The parrot, he didnt move even once? Why? You should move him in the after pic.

Overall I think its a pretty good entry :pir-blush:

thanks a lot Buttons ^^

thanks General Armendariz ^^

Shouldn't you roof the cabin? On rainy days I dont think the captains will like it

I thought it was understanble that it's not roofed to be able to photography it, of course there is normally " a roof", like the front wall and the left one , but as majek did in his entry ( see it here ) I just didn't build it .. because if I did so, I wouldn't be able to photography it!

On the pirate pic add some battle damage to it, to show it just had a great battle

that's right.. but I didn't want it to be "broken" the battle wasn't in the captain's cabin, the only things I should have "damaged" is the upper deck ^^ but that's a good point!

oups.. totally forgot about the parrot ^^

This is looking awesome :thumbup:

Possible improvement points:

1. The fences at the top could be more consistent, like, all fences, or all telescope pieces. Now the telescope pieces look a bit out of place

2. The chain for the cannons, I think it would look better in darkgrey/bley (or lightgrey/bley).

+Maybe more windows, but that's not a big deal, it isn't that noticable and kind of redundant.

Good points:

1. Nicely accesorized and detailed, like the chair and piano even to the painting on the wall.

2. The flooring is nice, you would think the lightblue/maerskblue (?) would look wierd on the flooring of a ship, but it actually looks good.

3. The overall look is great, it looks complete, and nothing's missing that I can think of.

thanks a lot Fluyt , for the improvement you said, for the fences, I can't do it^^ I'm running out of both telescope/fences ^^

I also tried to use other colours to the chain of the canon but it .. was weird, it seemed out of place, quite strange I don't know why, so I kept it brown.

Actually, I think the brown chains look perfect for some reason... I like that they're a bit different than the usual chains.

:pir-oh::pir-oh::pir-oh: OMG, this is totaly wickedly good. PS you win :pir-wink: The only suggestion is that you add tiles around the edges of the upper deck. Edited by Broadside

Thanks Erdbeereis1 ^^

thanks a lot Broadside , but I don't think I'll win ! well I hope so , but there is some great entries and I think the competitions will be rude !!^^

thanks a lot Capt. Kirk ! ^^

but I don't think I'll win ! well I hope so , but there is some great entries and I think the competitions will be rude !!^^

Well I think You will walk away with a prize of some sort.

Well I think You will walk away with a prize of some sort

(sorry for late answer ) thanks a lot but I don't really think It's going to be like this, well I hope so but there's so many great entries! ^^