KimT

Watto's Junkyard Discussion

Are new people allowed to join this raffle (someone joined EB today and entered the raffle 18 minutes later...)?

Probably why they joined. Everyone was new once.

Wisely put.

Yes anyone may enter the MOC Index Raffle on the Chrome Darth Vader and everyone may enter the Battle Pack Contest.

Be aware though, that I'll be checking every single entry and if I find any double accounts or stuff like that - I'll ban the members with no prior warning.

:vader:

I agree. I was thinking of joining EB for along time before the comp. I did not just join because of the contest.

Hello,

I changed my entry so could a moderator please change its title to: Separtists Battle Pack. Here is the link to my entry. Thank you

I have to say there are a lot of good battle packs in this competition, however some of the choices are amusing that whilst everyone likes them greatly (i.e. Pedro's entry) the likelyhood of them ever being made is slim to none. the chances of an all jedi battle pack being made are very low, I was under the impression that battle packs were intended so that you could buy several and make an army. I dont see a who lot of jedi armies floating round as cool as that might be.

Welcome to Eurobricks Dundenman.

As far as I was aware this is a voting topic and not a critique. If you have a criticism of my entry, it'd be more appropriate to post it in my entry thread and I'd be more than happy to respond. Please read my entry thread and you'll understand my motivations and why it is my ideal battle pack. Thank you.

I have to say there are a lot of good battle packs in this competition, however some of the choices are amusing that whilst everyone likes them greatly (i.e. Pedro's entry) the likelyhood of them ever being made is slim to none. the chances of an all jedi battle pack being made are very low, I was under the impression that battle packs were intended so that you could buy several and make an army. I dont see a who lot of jedi armies floating round as cool as that might be.

Welcome to Eurobricks Dundenman.

As far as I was aware this is a voting topic and not a critique. If you have a criticism of my entry, it'd be more appropriate to post it in my entry thread and I'd be more than happy to respond. Please read my entry thread and you'll understand my motivations and why it is my ideal battle pack. Thank you.

And I fully agree.

I've moved this post into the discussion topic.

Feedback is meant to be given in each entry's own topic.

Agreeing to entries or not, doesn't belong in the vote topic.

It'll come off as if the voter is trying to affect other members vote and we'll have none of that.

I'm glad to see that pedro took this slight flaming lightly - I will not :vader:

I would feel better to be judged by the admins or other, selected members...

Integrity is something we all want in our contests. In a way the voting process is already restricted to certain members and the guidelines are there to keep things fair. There are those who are genuinely new here and want to take part in an exciting event - that's brilliant, let's welcome them with open arms. Unfortunately there will always be people who try and exploit the rules... I don't think we'll ever understand why. Fortunately the staff are always on the case and always address any problems.

But what if the competitor just invited all his friends at school to make an Account at EB and give him a good vote?

Indeed, how easy would it be for any of us to shoot a mail round our mates and get them onboard with the voting? There are well over a hundred staff at my work and I'd bet I could easily convince at least half of 'em to vote... but I wouldn't and neither would the vast majority of people here. It's not in the spirit of the competition. I'd much rather be judged honestly by Eurobricks members.

Then he's going to be very surprised when he bothers to take the time to read the first post of this topic which clearly spells out the one requirement for voters.

Admin WIN! :laugh:

Sadly it seems that we have to rework and reconsider our ways of running contests and contest votes :hmpf:

I think it'll be fine as long as you keep the rule that disqualifies all votes cast by members who joined after the start of voting. :wink:

I think it'll be fine as long as you keep the rule that disqualifies all votes cast by members who joined after the start of voting. :wink:

It sounds strict, but I think everyone who joined after the contest started should be barred from voting. It's becoming a real problem, and its quite annoying, however obvious it sometimes is (like in this contest).

It sounds strict, but I think everyone who joined after the contest started should be barred from voting...

Nah, I think that makes good sense Millacol. It wouldn't stop a new member from entering, just voting. Besides they'd have a chance to vote in other contests from that point on so they really wouldn't be missing out a great deal.

Furthermore, when it comes to voting it might be worth setting a minimum post count, like 10 or something, just in case someone has several friends with dormant accounts. Just a thought...

Thanks for all your input guys :thumbup:

And yes, we're giving dormant accounts, minimum post count and minimum join date serious thoughts these days.

Plus I'm also considering a randomly picked jury for future contests.

I'll move this discussion to the general contest discussion topic as it really hasn't got much to do with the Battle Pack Contest.

good idea,

or maybe 33% of the votes from the jury, 33% from the mods, 33% from the members and 1% from you so you won't complain :tongue:

Thanks for all your input guys :thumbup:

And yes, we're giving dormant accounts, minimum post count and minimum join date serious thoughts these days.

I'll move this discussion to the general contest discussion topic as it really hasn't got much to do with the Battle Pack Contest.

To be honest, I am appalled at what some members are doing. I mean what is the point of just cheating your way in. There should be no need for security but there is because some immature member is too like immature. :thumbdown:

I mean ive had no votes for this contest but do I go and start cheating. NO :thumbdown:

Time to lean back, kick off your shoes and take a rest people.

It'll be a little while before the next contest is at hand.

Any ideas for future contests within the Star Wars Forum may be posted and dicsussed here.

Time to lean back, kick off your shoes and take a rest people.

Any ideas for future contests within the Star Wars Forum may be posted and dicsussed here.

I'm utterly biased, since I spent a pile of time collating it, but I'd like to see a best "Make an unmade thing from the Clone Wars!" challenge. A lot of stuff debuted that would be amazing in Lego. I think Eurobrick users could blow us away. Not me though, because my building skills are crap :blush:

Great. :sceptic: Last time you said that the next contest would start "after a short summer break" which turned out to be 2-3 months. I don't even wanna know how long "a little while" is! :cry_sad:

Just kidding. :tongue: Take your time, Kimmy; I can use a break too. :wink:

Anyway, I think we should have some kind of neat Christmas contest. :sweet: Contests where you have to "christmasify" a SW vehicle or build a vignette depicting SW characters celebrating Life Day have already been done, so I don't know what kind of contest we could have. Hm... Meditate on this, I will. :yoda:

Also, there is still the "Fate of Ahsoka" Contest which we haven't had yet. :grin:

Btw, the Battle Pack contest is just called "Star Wars Contest" in the Contest index. Perhaps that could be changed?

Contest addicts...have some patience :tongue:

That's what happens if you spoil them too much KimT and Stash!

Contest addicts...have some patience :tongue:

That's what happens if you spoil them too much KimT and Stash!

:laugh:

Anyhoo, I think we should have a Halloween related raffle. Us members make a little vig depicting SW characters at Halloween and various scenarios they could be in. Then, after the winners are drawn we could all vote who's was best afterwards. Then the two winners get a small prize, e.g the STAP polybag promo. :thumbup:

I like the ideas for an Xmas contest too. I have loads of ideas! :oh:

Thanks, Kim and Stash, take a break. :classic:

For a future contest, I would still like to see a "Kill the second-most annoying SW character" contest. Yes, that would be Ashoka. Well, she's not really annoying, but I don't really like the character, and I would love to kill her in a vig. :devil:

I think we should have a Halloween related raffle. Us members make a little vig depicting SW characters at Halloween and various scenarios they could be in. Then, after the winners are drawn we could all vote who's was best afterwards. Then the two winners get a small prize, e.g the STAP polybag promo. :thumbup:

I like the idea, but isn't it a bit late for that? Halloween is in a few days. And voting in a raffle? That doesn't compute. :wacko: And why two winners?

I like the ideas for an Xmas contest too. I have loads of ideas! :oh:

Do tell! :sweet:

For a future contest, I would still like to see a "Kill the second-most annoying SW character" contest.

I still think it should rather be a "Fate of Ahsoka" contest, the difference being that you don't have to kill her and can show what her life is like after the CW.

How about an Imperials VS. Imperials contest? A contest where you show stormies fighting against red and/or blue coats! :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I like the idea, but isn't it a bit late for that? Halloween is in a few days. And voting in a raffle? That doesn't compute. :wacko: And why two winners?

Basically two types of contests for one topic. So we have a raffle, and then after that winner is announced we get the other members to vote which one is best. Then the winner of that gets a prize too. :wink:

But I agree that it was a little late, but it would only go over by a couple of days if it did. :tongue:

Do tell! :sweet:

Not that I don't trust you, but hell no! :tongue:

Surely if you suggested it, you must have a few ideas as well? :grin:

I'm confused. :sceptic: I didn't suggest anything except that we should have some kind of Christmas related contest, but I didn't have any idea what exactly it could be. You on the other hand claim to have ideas, but refuse to share them? :look:

Yeah, you guys got me puzzled as well.

Share your thoughts and ideas and let's stop this beating around the bush for no purpose.

I'm confused. :sceptic: I didn't suggest anything except that we should have some kind of Christmas related contest, but I didn't have any idea what exactly it could be. You on the other hand claim to have ideas, but refuse to share them? :look:

I was only kidding around, sorry. I didn't even mean to sound horrible in any way. :cry_sad:

Some examples:

Darth Vader sitting on Santa's lap asking for presents (new TIE Fighter :laugh:)

Gamorrean Guard getting a Slave Leia as a present

C3-P0 as Santa, in a sled pulled by Ewoks :grin:

Sorry again guys, I was only joking!

I would like to see a simple Imperials VS Rebels contest. It would be very classical.

Ratshot