KimT

Watto's Junkyard Discussion

I know the question for new contest ideas was over taken two weeks later by the character rides contest but my contribution led me to the following idea:

The Alternate Build

Where we make alternate builds like in the good old days when LEGO suggested them on the backside of the boxes.

Two categories spring to mind:

1. Free style: pick any official LEGO Star Wars set

2. Given set: a pick of three sets (small, medium, large) to alter

That's a friggin' great idea for a contest L-Space.

I'll keep this one in mind.

Indeed, but I would leave out the "free style" category. Just have three categories: Small, Medium, and Large.

Indeed, but I would leave out the "free style" category. Just have three categories: Small, Medium, and Large.

I ment by freestyle that you get to pick your own set and by Given set that the staff picks 3 sets, (S, M, L) to alter. Off course making the inventory available for those who don't own a set. I know that limits the contestants somewhat but it would be great to see what different alternate models will be build from one set. And otherwise create a freestyle bbuild.

Freestyle: Picking your own set could of course be done in the same size categories as well. This leading up to 6 categories in total.

Agreed. Alternate builds are extremely fun, especially to builders with less experience (like me) where the parts and colors are already picked out for you. :thumbup:

Agreed. Alternate builds are extremely fun, especially to builders with less experience (like me) where the parts and colors are already picked out for you. :thumbup:

But less so for me who has about 2 sets still made (8014 and 8015) and they're in alterat modes as it is.

Still a good idea L-space (!!!!!)

Apologies for the double post but this is a separate question about the rules for most contests in Star Wars land.

Why are Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth), but clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth)are not? I occasionally use M********s in MOC's for more detailed engine pieces, or for a different windshield, how is that any different from customizing figs and their equipment, they both add a level of detail or specificness not found in Lego.

Good question, which we're actually constantly discussing.

The reason (so far) is that LEGO is our main (and sole) aim with this site and thus using just that for contests is common sense.

The reason we allow custom parts is that they offer what TLG hasn't produced.

I am aware that so does megablocks and other companies, but we like to think there's a difference between TLG's competition and private customizers.

I'd like to elaborate on this when I am not at work :blush:

How about something relating to the classic "how many jelly beans in a jar" type?

Like, how many stormtrooper helmets in a jar or something?

Or has this been done already...

How about something relating to the classic "how many jelly beans in a jar" type?

Like, how many stormtrooper helmets in a jar or something?

Or has this been done already...

Not yet, but it would certainly be useful for some kind of quick raffle-like contest.

I was just thinking that you could have a Planet Contest in the light of the new Planet theme. Something like 3 categories:

Best custom Planet

Best custom Mini related to a Planet

Best custom Minifig related to a Planet.

Just a suggestion. :classic:

I was just thinking that you could have a Planet Contest in the light of the new Planet theme. Something like 3 categories:

Best custom Planet

Custom Planet as in...brick built planets or..?

will there be any contest in the near future? early 2012?

Most likely not until I get settled in at my new home.

Plus I need a job - so I'm kinda busy right now.

I do promise to whip something up early Spring - hopefully with great prizes.

Most likely not until I get settled in at my new home.

Plus I need a job - so I'm kinda busy right now.

I do promise to whip something up early Spring - hopefully with great prizes.

Any update with that contest yet :wink:? And are there any more of those special EB stormtroopers left?

Any update with that contest yet :wink:? And are there any more of those special EB stormtroopers left?

I am no longer part of the Star Wars Forum.

So I guess you'll have to wait for a loooong time for me to run a contest in the Spring :laugh:

I'm sure that the staffers are planning something, they usually are.

An no, the EB Stormies are all distributed.

Perhaps the new staffers will make something similiar eventually, perhaps not!

Go to your profile page by clicking on your name in the top right corner of your screen. Then click on "edit my profile" on the right side of the page. On the left side of the page should be a bunch of tabs, two of which are "change signature" and "change avatar". From there, the instructions should be pretty clear. :classic:

Let me know if you still need any help!

Go to your profile page by clicking on your name in the top right corner of your screen. Then click on "edit my profile" on the right side of the page. On the left side of the page should be a bunch of tabs, two of which are "change signature" and "change avatar". From there, the instructions should be pretty clear. :classic:

Let me know if you still need any help!

But it tells me that I did not have permission to view member profiles :sceptic: !

But it tells me that I did not have permission to view member profiles :sceptic: !

You need to make ten posts to view profiles. You can read more about ranks and their privileges here.

You need to make ten posts to view profiles. You can read more about ranks and their privileges here.

Thank you , for your help !

Edited by Fan of Lego

Good salutations, is anyone looking for a T-14 Hyperdrive Generator?

Not really, it's a decal created by me, because the minifig is super rare these days!!! And a bit expensive..

I'm starting a decal production company soon, and looking to take requests. Thinking about pirates next.

Ask about my Star WarsTM collection. Good to meet everyone over here. :laugh:

watsothejunk.jpg