Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Man the NZ LUG is doing great! Would love to come to an event one day! :)

Just wanted to ask if anyone has found any sales recently? Or any good deals on trade me? I just scored the 2008 AT-TE for $90! Afew pieces missing but im still stoked! Been on the lookout for that and the 2008 gunship at a bargain price for 4 years now! :laugh: Just need that gunship!

On another note, Im contemplating doing a BL order sometime this summer (when I have cash to spare) and getting alot of the LOTR sets of this year and next years ones, as its much cheaper that way, just wondering if anyone else is considering this as well? Maybe we could organise an NZ bulk combined order through the LUG or something...Just an idea though. :sweet:

CF

Just wanted to ask if anyone has found any sales recently? Or any good deals on trade me? I just scored the 2008 AT-TE for $90! Afew pieces missing but im still stoked! Been on the lookout for that and the 2008 gunship at a bargain price for 4 years now! :laugh: Just need that gunship!

Saw that AT-TE going begging. Pretty surprised that it passed in and went to an offer. Good luck with the gunship. I've picked up a few goodies lately. Mint, complete Republic Attack Shuttle for $50; New Heroica Fortaan for $20 and a collection of 6 of the older SW battle packs plus a Hailfire Droid set for $75 (34 minfigs! Imagine how much certain TM traders couldn't sell those for!).

Haven't seen any out of the ordinary sales at the retailers, but I did notice quite a lot of the previous SW wave reappearing on local warehouse shelves and still at clearance prices though not marked as such.

On another note, Im contemplating doing a BL order sometime this summer (when I have cash to spare) and getting alot of the LOTR sets of this year and next years ones, as its much cheaper that way, just wondering if anyone else is considering this as well? Maybe we could organise an NZ bulk combined order through the LUG or something...Just an idea though. :sweet:

I could be a starter for a few of the bigger LOTR sets. Probably not till the new year though.

Saw that AT-TE going begging. Pretty surprised that it passed in and went to an offer. Good luck with the gunship. I've picked up a few goodies lately. Mint, complete Republic Attack Shuttle for $50; New Heroica Fortaan for $20 and a collection of 6 of the older SW battle packs plus a Hailfire Droid set for $75 (34 minfigs! Imagine how much certain TM traders couldn't sell those for!).

Haven't seen any out of the ordinary sales at the retailers, but I did notice quite a lot of the previous SW wave reappearing on local warehouse shelves and still at clearance prices though not marked as such.

I was to! Thats why i thought its to hard to pass and bought it. :sweet: I saw that shuttle, another steal, can you link me that $75 auction? Must have missed that one. :oh3:

Interesting, will have to go to warehouse sometime and see if there is anything good.

I could be a starter for a few of the bigger LOTR sets. Probably not till the new year though.

Yes thats what I'm after, and in the new year sounds good. :thumbup:

CF

I was to! Thats why i thought its to hard to pass and bought it. :sweet: I saw that shuttle, another steal, can you link me that $75 auction? Must have missed that one. :oh3:

Sure: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=525788336

Passed in on a $100 reserve and was offered for $75. There's a droid or two missing, but came with an extra clone and all are in top notch condition - presumably from a build and display owner - so I'm not complaining.

Sure: http://www.trademe.c...px?id=525788336

Passed in on a $100 reserve and was offered for $75. There's a droid or two missing, but came with an extra clone and all are in top notch condition - presumably from a build and display owner - so I'm not complaining.

I do remember seeing that auction now! Very lucky buy! :sweet::thumbup:

CF

Same... :sceptic::wink:

has yours arrived?

mine arrived today, box had a small/medium size tear on the front and was abit squashed....not too bad since it was so cheap

Heads up for anyone into Hero Factory: the Warehouse has included the large HF sets in their two for $25 deal. I just picked up Stormer XL and Speeda Demon for a ridiculous 72% off RRP.

Heads up for anyone into Hero Factory: the Warehouse has included the large HF sets in their two for $25 deal. I just picked up Stormer XL and Speeda Demon for a ridiculous 72% off RRP.

Man, thats crazy! That Speeda Demon set is usually $50 by itself.. Good find!

has yours arrived?

mine arrived today, box had a small/medium size tear on the front and was abit squashed....not too bad since it was so cheap

Mine arrived today too. It had a few tears and dents, plus some kind of shipping sticker or something on it?

For $500 its still a reasonable deal, but I did flick them a quick email mentioning it, as shipping stickers on 'new' sets isn't my favourite :tongue: I'll let you know If I get any responce

Mine arrived today too. It had a few tears and dents, plus some kind of shipping sticker or something on it?

For $500 its still a reasonable deal, but I did flick them a quick email mentioning it, as shipping stickers on 'new' sets isn't my favourite :tongue: I'll let you know If I get any responce

What sets were these? And was this by any chance from fishpond? :)

Just made my first ever Bricklink order from Gelo! Was a breeze, hoping to receive the lego today, some useful parts and a few to complete the AT-TE I bought the other day. :sweet:

Can't wait to order more from now on! :laugh:

CF

10221 SSD from fishpond

For $500?! Wow, you two are very lucky! That would be one fun huge set to build! :wub:

CF

Australia is considering lowering their GST exemption ceiling on imports from $1,000 to $30. Given that NZ often follows Ausy in such legislation and that our retailers have been lobbying for a similar reduction, the days of sweet deals from offshore sellers may be numbered.

Pretty much every package would be hit with the 5% toys and models duty on the value of the contents; then 15% GST on the total of the value of the contents + the freight charge + the 5% duty (yes, you pay GST on the freight and all duty charges); and finally topped off with the blanket $38 Import Entry Transaction Fee. So a $50 package from BL with $15 postage, may soon incur $2.50 duty + $10.13 GST + $38 IETF for a not so nice total of $115.63. Ugh.

Not sure if this is a good deal for anyone into the older sets - Here.

Also Warehouse has Buy one get one Half price on all Lego! Not bad on some of the more expensive sets, might have a looky sometime.

Just got a steal on trade me - Steal! So happy about it :sweet: Keeping my eye out constantly now, so many good holiday clear out deals on trade me. I just wish some of the bulk auctions didn't go so high in price!

CF

Also Warehouse has Buy one get one Half price on all Lego! Not bad on some of the more expensive sets, might have a looky sometime.

Probably to prevent accidentally applying the discount to the larger set, the promo online seems to be "Buy two or more, get 25% off all of them", which means you get a much better deal if buying a large set and a small set. :sweet:

Hobbit sets starting to pop up around the place. Have seen them in store at The Warehouse and Toyworld.

Was hoping they would be on The Warehoure website by today to take advantage of the online deal.

Just noticed this, haven't seen one in years on trade me! Im very interested to see how high the bidding goes! :) Good luck to anyone on here going for it.

Any cheap deals besides warehouse? Farmers seems to have gone quiet on us for a few weeks.

CF

Lucky Kiwis getting Hobbit sets before us Aussies do :(

Wish I could get my hands on a Bag End set...

If you have a smart/iPhone, then Toyworld has an app that contains a 'buy one get one half price' offer, that is valid until January 31st I believe, if that helps anyone :classic:

Lucky Kiwis getting Hobbit sets before us Aussies do :(

Wish I could get my hands on a Bag End set...

Bricklink has them at very reasonable prices! I would be looking there personally as the prices beat our retail price and any sale discount the shops could do. :wink:

If you have a smart/iPhone, then Toyworld has an app that contains a 'buy one get one half price' offer, that is valid until January 31st I believe, if that helps anyone :classic:

Yeah i noticed that in Toyworld's email. Would be fantastic for the larger sets Toyworld has!

CF

Bricklink has them at very reasonable prices! I would be looking there personally as the prices beat our retail price and any sale discount the shops could do. :wink:

At least until the Bricklink prices drop below US RRP, the prices in New Zealand for the Hobbit sets are surprisingly good. I managed to find Bag End ( :wub:) and a few other sets at the Albany Warehouse this evening at the tail end of the "Buy one, get one 50% off" offer.

At least for the Warehouse, the prices were:

Riddles for the Ring - $25

Escape from Mirkwood Spiders - $50

Attack of the Wargs - $90

Barrel Escape - $80

An Unexpected Gathering - $130

The Goblin King Battle - $160