fallentomato

MOC: Deckchair

Very nice! May I steal lend the design? :devil:

(Yeah I know, I have to find out better jokes, that one is soo overused. :hmpf::blush: )

This is brilliant! My trolleys now finally got some alternative use... :cry_happy:

Great little genuine idea! Excellent work fallentomato! The idea and how you 've managed to capture it and create it, is :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The third from the left is also my pick.

3 1/2 months for the summer... My kingdom for a deckhair! :grin:

I prefer the 3rd design you tried. It just seems more to the pattern.

I did like the effect of the grill pieces, but I didn't like that the headboard was a solid piece. I wanted to continue the alternating bands of open space, so that's why i switched to the rubber band approch. If there was some way to attach the grill pieces with nothing behind them, they might work, but I can't imagine what sort of connection that would take. :pir-sceptic::hmpf_bad:

So, did you just squeeze the part with the bar into the handtruck? Is it strong enough?

Yeah, it fits in there very snugly, the handles of the handtruck are spaced with two stud of space in between them. this makes sense since that is the armspan of a minifig. I usually don't like to use this kind of non-snapping connection, but it seemed like the most elegant solution and it's very stable. You can put a minifig in the chair without worrying about it falling apart. :classic:

Very clever design. Only four pieces but so effective! :sweet: Will be a wonderful addition to a MOC I'm doing if you don't mind :grin:

This is the work of a genius!

I immediately took out my plastic drawer of handtruks and started trying the design, and it works excellent. The handlebar piece fits nicely in between the top of the trolley.

What you can do with the grill pieces is put them vertically instead of horizontally, it will break with the horizontal framework of the trolley but on the other hand leaves you with half see-through grills.

I wish I still had that beach layout build....

:thumbup:

This is the work of a genius!

:blush:

To all those who asked, feel free to steal/borrow/lend the idea. I wouldn't have posted it if I wanted to keep it to myself. :sweet:

Wow, this is a greeat MOC. :wink: Good idea, now finally my houses can have outside patio! :tongue: