Captain Green Hair

Dutch 18th century yacht

thindexedgif.gif 78b

Harr swashbucklers, i present you my latest ship.

It's an 18th century Dutch yacht, used to sail VIP's around and stay in contact with the larger ships offshore.

Some of these ships were privatly owned by rich merchants and they are basically the first pleasure yeachts as we know today.

It is based loosely on the original Utrecht:

utrecht_statenjacht.jpg

The whole thing:

a.jpg

The stern:

c.jpg

The front:

d.jpg

Some of the details on board:

g.jpg

I'm going to change the normal red for dark red, but i'm still waiting on that BL order. :pir-hmpf_bad:

She might be a bit short, but i've made it to fit into my current fleet.

The whole BS gallery, when modified ofcourse.

Hope you like it, C&C are welcome!

WOW these look remarkably similar. I think the rudder is great, but there is no crew :pir_bawling:

I wonder where this is from...... :pir_laugh2: Anyways, great boat CGH! You really add a lot of details and I'm fond of it. Great job! :pir-cry_happy:

Wowzers! I love this. What did you use to make the sails? They look so real. When I was scrolling through the pics I saw them and couldn't tell right away that it was LEGO model. Great work!

So this is how your dinghy turned out then? :pir-tongue:

The sails really are the finishing touch. The ship was still so incomplete when we visited, it's good to see what can happen in a couple of weeks!

Keep up the good work Captain :thumbup:

Errorist

Ah the Utrecht, I've seen it in a contest somewhere before but can't remember what it was. "Build whatever you like" I believe.

Anyway, this ship is great. The rigging is (as always) very nicely done. The whole ship is very detailed, especially the stern is nice.

You have added the swords at the hull which is very realistic for a Dutch ship.

I was planning to build this ship too, but you're faster. :pir-tongue:

Great job! :thumbup:

Amazing dear Captain Green Weed, I will frontpage this for you!

I must admit I just love the stern! Ps: I voted for you, but you already know that I think :pir_laugh2: .

The sails look magnificient as well, only the flags are a bit short, maybe hand made ones would be better?

Great work buddy. I noticed some changes from the wip photos you sent me. Looks great.. the sails are the best Ive seen. Oh and the STRING RIGGING. :pir-tongue: The realism of this ship meets the standards set by all of your other creations.

Cheers

-T

Hi Rick,

Very cool this yacht of yours, a real statenjacht! My father has a similar ship out of wood (miniature of course...) I believe it was an assemble-yourself kit someday.

I like the size of it, as it is used to transport the vips between the ships of the line it is supposed to be a lot smaller than the regular fleet's vessels.

Great job! :thumbup:

Edit: Hey, I see that in my absence you mods created a monkey emoticon! Cool, let's first use it here: :monkey:

Sorry, I just had to :pir-laugh: Let's not let it distract us from the nice ship.

It's so nice to see this ship finished. My favorite part is definitely the sails, masts and rigging, those look just like they should! I'm getting more and more interested in these Dutch ships and the Naval history of our Northern neighbors. Thanks to your work I'm learning new things about that history all the time.

Thanks guys! :pir-classic:

Amazing dear Captain Green Weed, I will frontpage this for you!

I must admit I just love the stern! Ps: I voted for you, but you already know that I think :pir_laugh2: .

The sails look magnificient as well, only the flags are a bit short, maybe hand made ones would be better?

Good point, i need to experiment on making good flags. Paper won't do though..

It's so nice to see this ship finished. My favorite part is definitely the sails, masts and rigging, those look just like they should! I'm getting more and more interested in these Dutch ships and the Naval history of our Northern neighbors. Thanks to your work I'm learning new things about that history all the time.

Yeah we have quite a history :pir-sweet:

CGH, I'm nothing short of incredibly impressed. You have done a brilliant and very acurate looking job here. And your sigfig looks right at home at the helm of this ship. Well done, I'm very impressed by this. Keep up the amazing work. :pir-classic:

Love the colors and the shape! While a tad small, it is still fantastically detailed! Great job my friend!

Nice ship you've got there. Its so accurately built and the attention to detail is amazing. The sails and rigging looks really good too.

Hey that Onrust is a nice project, I think I will watch this for a while to see how it turns out.

Please make a separate thread about it, if not done already.

splendid^^ I love it ! you did a really great job! and your sails are awesome!

A very detailed and accurate looking work in a fine color scheme with a very nice rigging

and very good sails. Your choice of the source material´s also pretty original, well done. :thumbup:

Hi CGH,

that is a verry nice ship. :thumbup:

I really love the swords on the side.

I think it is the first time I see it on such a MOC.

You can clearly see you were inspired by the original.

The color scheme is verry nice. Although the overall ship is a bit shorter, I guess?

Or it might be the angle of the original photo.

Kind regards,

Teddy

I love her stern, sails, and riggings you make, Cpt. green hair. great work! :thumbup:

My friends and I notice the black large fin-like structures on both starboard and port sides. What is their function? :pir-sweet:

Good point, i need to experiment on making good flags. Paper won't do though..

Why not?

orient2008-05.jpg_thumb.jpg hms.charlie.w.ddw.jpg_thumb.jpg

These 2 paper flags look pretty good IMO. :pir-classic: