KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

OH MAN! I just realized! I am so out of it today... the droids are the same color as Obi Wan's clone wars hair and Plo Koon's head!

Trust me, if it got removed it must be real. It got deleted cause TLC didn't want anyone to know about it yet..

i don't really see the point. only hasbro and lego have licensing rights to the SW series. it's not like megabloks can create a tauntaun without infringing on copyrights act. it's silly to censor SW stuff.. :tongue:

i don't really see the point. only hasbro and lego have licensing rights to the SW series. it's not like megabloks can create a tauntaun without infringing on copyrights act. it's silly to censor SW stuff.. :tongue:

Ever think think that its just for the sake of a surprise? We found out about Count Dooku's Solar Sailor and not even a few weeks later it was on S@H, maybe they are trying to keep the lid on this for as long as they can.

-darthperson

But then you'd all be complaining about cartoon faces. :tongue:

IMO, I think Senate Commandos look kinda creepy when you see their faces.

I wouldn't. :tongue:

I don't know what's so wrong about those cartoon faces, I mean - they are minifigs from the Clone Wars TV show, and if they just put dot-eyes on it it wouldn't look like it was made from "The Clone Wars", they can't make cartoon faces for Clone Wars sets and then make them with minifigs w/dot eyes..that wouldn't fit into your Clone Wars stuff...Anyways just a black head on them is fine too..

Edited by General Magma

Hard to say.

From what I've heard we're talking tauntaun, snowtroopers, rebels and Han Solo plus some white bricks.

A medium sized battle pack :wub:

Price is hard to say.. my personal guess would be "regular BP's" x2.

But that's just a guess.

that plus ten dollars :wink: remember they like to overprice EVERYTHING :tongue: Anyway..

I am really looking forward to this Echo base thing :cry_happy: I'm guessing it will some how attach to the previous echobase? Pretty dissapointed that they didnt include Luke though :hmpf_bad: Also that Snail droid sounds great, especially if it is improved from the old one which was pretty good :thumbup:

Finally a tauntaun.... but Hoth Han for the third time? Where is Luke?

And I really hope the Rebel Soldiers don't have the classic smile face, it just doesn't work anymore. The Yavin 4 Troopers had so much better faces..!

I found it whilst searching brickshelf last night.

It's gone now, but the saying: "Right click and save - is your friend" proved right once more.

I'll attach it to this topic once more, and yes it looks real to me :wub:

Attachment coming up :thumbup:

I'm not so sure on it's authenticity. Of course, it's way too early to determine this, but remember this custom?

A medium sized battle pack :wub:

:wub: Yes, just like the Hailfire and Spider droid set, and a much cheaper way of getting Snowies and Hoth Rebels. (And hoefully modular to the Hoth Rebel Base :grin:.)

Trust me, if it got removed it must be real. It got deleted cause TLC didn't want anyone to know about it yet..

This is probably the case, but not necessarily. See above.

Finally a tauntaun.... but Hoth Han for the third time? Where is Luke?

We don't even know if Solo is going to be included at all in the set- and if he is, there could be Hoth Luke in there, too, since the picture is only showing one Taun-Taun. :wink:

I'm not so sure on it's authenticity. Of course, it's way too early to determine this, but remember this custom?

:wub: Yes, just like the Hailfire and Spider droid set, and a much cheaper way of getting Snowies and Hoth Rebels. (And hoefully modular to the Hoth Rebel Base :grin:.)

This is probably the case, but not necessarily. See above.

We don't even know if Solo is going to be included at all in the set- and if he is, there could be Hoth Luke in there, too, since the picture is only showing one Taun-Taun. :wink:

Yah. Thats a custom. I have a feeling that if lego does release one it will look very very close to that.

And I thought I might be the only one that remembered that first taun-taun custom. Somebody hand cast a few of those and sold them each for around USD $100 each. Same one that KimT first found from the MOC on Gizmodo.

As for solo, you do have a good point there.

BTW, General Magma, you can't assume that just because the taun taun pic was removed does not automatically make it real. If I went and made a custom taun taun, put it on brickshelf, and removed it, would that make it authentic? :hmpf_bad:

No, not quite. And, for all I know, it could be real. Just saying my opinion.

Edited by booger540

And I thought I might be the only one that remembered that first taun-taun custom. Somebody hand cast a few of those and sold them each for around USD $100 each. Same one that KimT first found from the MOC on Gizmodo.

As for solo, you do have a good point there.

BTW, General Magma, you can't assume that just because the taun taun pic was removed does not automatically make it real. If I went and made a custom taun taun, put it on brickshelf, and removed it, would that make it authentic? :hmpf_bad:

No, not quite. And, for all I know, it could be real. Just saying my opinion.

Pics from upcoming LEGO sets DO get removed when put on Brickshelf when it's just too early to show people what's coming, TLC wanted to keep it a secret, just as a surprise for when it officialy gets released. Like when the pirate ones were found and put on BS, some got deleted..

Edited by General Magma

This is the first time I really care that the pictures were deleted, since I missed them and since it seems we are finaly getting Tauntauns. After 10 years, makes you wonder.

Can I ask for someone who saved the pictures to mail them to me, or is that against the rules?

This is the first time I really care that the pictures were deleted, since I missed them and since it seems we are finaly getting Tauntauns. After 10 years, makes you wonder.

Can I ask for someone who saved the pictures to mail them to me, or is that against the rules?

Mail this?

edit: snip

Why? It's on the first page of this topic :tongue:

I am pretty sure this isn't the custom tauntaun that I mistook it for earlier.

And the rifle is LEGO's version.

In short: "This is the real deal" - trust me :grin:

To my knowledge the Echo base (overgrown battlepack) can't be added to the Hoth Rebel Base set.

It's an addition in the shape of figs and a snowy trench.

It's an addition in the shape of figs and a snowy trench.

I don't see how its possible to make a lego trench.

Unless Its on a quite large scale.

KimT, the pic doesn't show up on half the people's front page. Neither I, or that other guy can SEE that pic on the front page!

Heres the pic: Edit by Hinckley: Please do not post prelim pics. (You can tell when they are small and blurry like that...

The link to the pic: Pic

It's also in my signature happy?

Now back on topic... I looked carefully at those Senate Commandos and it seems that they will have new helmets, and that the drawing prototype was based off of a Clone Trooper helmet, painted blue by Lego, and a little plate went over the face of the helmet with a Senate Commando face instead... which means they'll be making a new helmet!

That was a little repetitive! :wacko:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Now back on topic... I looked carefully at those Senate Commandos and it seems that they will have new helmets, and that the drawing prototype was based off of a Clone Trooper helmet, painted blue by Lego, and a little plate went over the face of the helmet with a Senate Commando face instead... which means they'll be making a new helmet!

Yay!

But wait... is this just speculation.

Of course it is.

A very good one though.

I hope senate commandos come in a smaller set though I want to make an army :vader:

Hopefully.

I was kinda puzzled when the prelim pic of blue clone troopers surfaced.

I hope we'll see a new helmet design, but I doubt it.

KimT, the pic doesn't show up on half the people's front page. Neither I, or that other guy can SEE that pic on the front page!

??? You can't view attached pictures?

And it's not on the front page, it's in one of the posts on the first page of this topic.

Now it's all over this topic it seems :tongue:

I don't see how its possible to make a lego trench.

Unless Its on a quite large scale.

Think slopes, a small plate and some white 1x2 bricks.

Think slopes, a small plate and some white 1x2 bricks.

That makes sense.

But won't it be over 300 peices with all those slopes.

Yay!

But wait... is this just speculation.

Of course it is.

A very good one though.

I hope senate commandos come in a smaller set though I want to make an army :vader:

Well look carefully:

senatelego.jpg

You see around the front it looks like there's a circle over there face? Plus, if they DO make a new helmet, they'd probably put Senate Commandos in more sets too, since they wouldn't make an entirely new mold for one set. Also, it seems like it would take a toll on their printer if they had to completely ink that helmet! :tongue:

To KimT: Oh, it's attached. I don't know, but I can't see it... but now I surely can! 8 times too! :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Well look carefully:

You see around the front it looks like there's a circle over there face? Plus, if they DO make a new helmet, they'd probably put Senate Commandos in more sets too, since they wouldn't make an entirely new mold for one set. Also, it seems like it would take a toll on their printer if they had to completely ink that helmet! :tongue:

To KimT: Oh, it's attached. I don't know, but I can't see it... but now I surely can! 8 times too! :tongue:

Well they also have that beak in the middle.

What do you mean eight times.

EDIT: I see because its in my signature :tongue:

Edited by Hinckley

Either that or we'll just get a plain clone trooper helmet in blue and that would be the end of the story.

2 of these in the Venator plus one Palpatine...

Makes sense to me.