Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Blockbeard

Efford Port: an Imperial Harbor

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 59b

Here is my over haul of the three and ten standard posted on forbidden cove.

I took it further and created my impression of what the harbor should have looked like.

I know it is a digital creation and all, but it still took me a long time and took a lot of dedication. Some digital creations are ignored due to the fact they are immaterial, please look past this barrier and see my hard work. I have shared digital creations in the past and received little credit for the creations. I debated with myself whether not I should post it here. I am proud of this creation so far. their is still a little work to be done. I named it Efford Port due to the effort put in :pir-cry_happy:

So with out further ado. Here is a few days of my life. Efford Port.

The over all creation

imperialharbor006e.jpg

This over view reveals most of the creation. In the foreground (left) is the jetty. The tower has a crane that helps unload the cargo. The cargo is then put on the train so it can be taken into the main building where it can be logged and transferred to where it needs to go. The jetty has stock sitting on it. Notice the yellow hexagonic shere as corn or wheat and the black as coal. Other numerous creates and barrels sit around. Contents of these consist of rum, firepowder and other things of trade like salt. Even some full grown trees have been shipped in.

Some shots of the Tower and jetty.

imperialharbor005.jpg

You can see in this picture some more of the cargo like the train/wagon wheels. Also note the cleaver use of the space part as tie offs for harboring boats.

imperialharbor008.jpg

Nothing new from this angle. It is taken as if standing ontop on the armory.

imperialharbor007.jpg

The view from the main door. You can imagine the boats pulling in with the precious cargo. Also this demonstartes the usefulness of the digital creation. Angles like this could never be taken with real Lego unless the creation was pulled apart.

The Main Building

imperialharbor003.jpg

To the left is the guards section, with a lookout and armory. The roof you may notice is dark blue fabuland roof (two pictures above). this is where digital creations have the down fall of inclusion of parts that do not exist in the right colour. Another example is the white stair case. None the less, if I were to build this it would be relatively easy to just make the brick built equivalent.

imperialharbor002.jpg

In this angle you get a greater feel for the "grandure" of the building. I used some old english architecture as inspiration. I love old castles and mansions. I feel this building as a very "lord of the manor" feel to it. One would almost expect to see it in the middle of a golf course! :pir_laugh2:

imperialharbor004.jpg

Another angle, You can see an old wagon sitting next to the armory, I am wanting to add all these nice details in.

Personally I love the decoritve arch pieces. In this moc it works really well. What do you think of this piece? Do you know where it is from?

imperialharbor009.jpg

A close up of the building. I really wish to build this in real life. I doubt it will ever happen. :pir_bawling:

You can see another problem with digital creations parts in the wrong spots! the two 1x1 flats are not sposed to be there. Looks like I am headed back to the editor for some corrections as well as additions.

The Back

imperialharbor001.jpg

As you can some interior is planned. This is only half of the building. the next half is not yet built. All the "open" section will have more building. (the far right will be windowed.)

Here are some pieces of furnature I intend to add. Some of you might recognice your own designs here... (picture is link)

imperialharborf001.jpg_thumb.jpg imperialharborf004.jpg_thumb.jpg imperialharborf005.jpg_thumb.jpg imperialharborf006.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperialharborf007.jpg_thumb.jpg imperialharborf008.jpg_thumb.jpg imperialharborf009.jpg_thumb.jpg imperialharborf011.jpg_thumb.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed viewing my creation. C and C welcome. Please let me know what you think of it. If you think it would work in real life and what else you would like to see with in the final creation.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edited by SlyOwl

Dude, this is awesome!

I love the large jetty with the cargo and tower with crane on it. I also like the large house, it's great and I see some little buildings of the Soldier's Fort in it.

I can't wait till this is filled with the great furniture you've build.

Awesome job!! :thumbup:

This is such a great design! The mansion is awesome, and I really like the tracks on the jetty. I never thought of adding tracks to a dock, but it is genius. The furniture is also amazing. Do you have some bigger pictures of it?

That's really lovely Cpt. PB!

I love how you made the main building, it's very impressive. The little carts are also very original. In fact, I hope to extend the Soldiers' Fort set pretty soon and incorporate it into a MOC.

Great work!

The layout and architecture is very good, it really has that imperalistic feel. :thumbup:

I can't say i really like the blue roofs and ornaments on the buidlings.

I'd rather see the ornaments and white and the roof's in a bit of a more realistic color like dark red or black.

Are you planning on building this for real?

I know it is a digital creation and all, but it still took me a long time and took a lot of dedication.

Which program did you use to construct this masterpiece?

I would also like to know the program used. :pir-sceptic:

Would love to know the price tag to build. It looks fabulous.

Edited by NewRight

Really quite beautiful! :thumbup:

I love the dark blue/white colour scheme - if you could, would you have the blue on the Imperial flags as dark blue?

The Belville arches with the 1x4x2 lattice fences look really nice. I'm not a big fan of the curved stair part, but it looks great here.

What's with the roof in this picture? I can't see a way to do that with slopes...

imperialharbor009.jpg

I'd love to see this in real life; the green/red colour scheme forced on you by the Fabuland roof part could cause problems, although you could switch it to Imperial Armada or Guards, as it fits their colour schemes.

As an improvement, the colonial building looks a little close to the sea - surely it's being supported abaove the water at the moment? Pushing it further back the dock and having a little landscaping (grass/rock) or pavement beyond the dock could solve this minor problem :pir-wink:

Which program did you use to construct this masterpiece?

Looks like MLCAD to me.

Thanks for sharing this :pir-wub:

Thank you for the replies so far.

I see some little buildings of the Soldier's Fort in it.

I can't wait till this is filled with the great furniture you've build.

Yes the buildings closest to the water are modified but look extremely like the buildings of soldiers fort. The great furniture is all inspired by members here. Cpt. Green Hair was a good source. I also found an index here on the pirate forum. The chair was from Dragonator's current mystery.

This is such a great design! The mansion is awesome, and I really like the tracks on the jetty. I never thought of adding tracks to a dock, but it is genius. The furniture is also amazing. Do you have some bigger pictures of it?

In south Australia we have a bridge/jetty that goes out to an Island (granite island, Victor Harbor) that has a track no it. So for me it came naturally. Plus how do you think the heavy stuff got moved around, back breaking labor. No, these imperials are far to lazy for that! :pir_laugh2:

The picture is links of larger pictures.

Nice work, if it looks that good digitally, I can't wait to see it built. Do you have plans to do so?

Yes, but it could take quite a few years to gather the parts required. Plus "renovate" for unavailable pieces.

I can't say i really like the blue roofs and ornaments on the buidlings.

I'd rather see the ornaments and white and the roof's in a bit of a more realistic color like dark red or black.

Are you planning on building this for real?

After reading something similar in a different post I thought you may say this! :pir_laugh2: I personally hate the ornaments, they are going asap, but it looks better than a blank wall for now. any ideas? black might look good... I stuck with the dark blue from the official set

Would love to know the price tag to build. It looks fabulous.

So would I, so would I... when I have a free week I will work it out :pir_bawling:

Really quite beautiful! :thumbup:

1) I love the dark blue/white colour scheme - if you could, would you have the blue on the Imperial flags as dark blue?

2) What's with the roof in this picture? I can't see a way to do that with slopes...

3) I'd love to see this in real life; the green/red colour scheme forced on you by the Fabuland roof part could cause problems, although you could switch it to Imperial Armada or Guards, as it fits their colour schemes.

4) As an improvement, the colonial building looks a little close to the sea - surely it's being supported abaove the water at the moment? Pushing it further back the dock and having a little landscaping (grass/rock) or pavement beyond the dock could solve this minor problem :pir-wink:

5) Looks like MLCAD to me.

6) Thanks for sharing this :pir-wub:

1) yes

2)the magic of fabuland... to make the roof I would do something with these pieces...

2540.png + 4085a.png(only vertical "clip") with some plates.

3) I had been considering this myself. I had concluded the roof would become brick built.

4) Yes, the buildings at the front are over the water like the original set. however you can see that at the back it is now atop of rock. underneath all the brown boarding is some nice rock work.

5) Correct, I wish a parts update would come out :pir-cry_sad:

6) Thank you for commenting.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edit (did somebody change the title? it was Efford like Oxford, but now it is Effort)

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

I used MLCad. It is a free program that you can download from here

There is a tutorial somewhere on this forum as well. I am sure you will be able to find it.

MLCad was used by Z when he designed his Fort Brighton original. I wonder if he still uses it.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edit: just noticed the title changed back now. Thanks to who ever it was.

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

I don't really have any useful suggestions on lowering cost, but I'd like to say how impressed I am by your creation. You must have spent alot of time on the computer for this project. I love the use of those fabuland pieces(if I am not wrong) for the arches and decorations.

Love your lego furniture too. Looks like I have to copy some of your designs for my mocs.