(04.02.09) This is my fourth review. It features:

Product: 10131 TIE Fighter Collection

Theme: Star Wars

No of pieces: 682

Release Date: 2002

RRP: USD $69.99

Featured Episodes: ANH/EU

Lego "Shop at Home" Catalog Description

Unleash the power of the TIE collection!

The Empire's most feared ships fly again in this special Star Wars collection! Complete set includes 4 models: 2 Imperial TIE Fighters, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter and 1 TIE/d Fighter, plus Darth Vader and Imperial TIE pilot minifigures and Droid Brain. Build your fleet today! Ages 8+. 682 pieces.

tie007.jpg

The set. It includes two standard TIE Fighters, a TIE Advanced x1 and a Droid TIE Fighter that wasn't featured in ANH.

tie008.jpg

These are the figs involved: Darth Vader, two TIE Pilots and a unique droid brain. The pilots didn't have weapons like they do in new sets.

tie009.jpg

The 'wing' of each fighter has the Imperial logo in the centre. It is quite detailed.

tie010.jpg

The front of the ship and cockpit can be seen in this picture.

tie011.jpg

The back and top of the TIE Fighter.

tie012.jpg

The TIE Pilot in the cockpit. He has a small control panel in front of him.

tie001.jpg

The TIE Advanced x1 belonging to the Dark Lord of the Sith himself...

tie002.jpg

Darth Vader. He's using force choke on you!

tie003.jpg

The back and top of the TIE Advanced x1 is accurate and detailed.

tie004.jpg

The Droid TIE Fighter looks very good for a little-known vehicle at the time.

tie005.jpg

The back of the Droid TIE Fighter.

tie006.jpg

The droid brain fits in the small cockpit in the top.

I like this set a lot and is worth the money. It has an good price/parts ratio. The fighters are similar if not the same as the individual ones in other sets, apart from the Droid TIE Fighter that is unique to this set (I think, I don't have individual ones). The TIE Advanced x1 doesn't look as this years redesign which has probably lowered the amount it's worth.

Design: 8/10 - All the fighters looks very accurate, apart from, of course, the blue on each one that is not canon but makes them a bit more colourful.

Minifigs: 7/10 - Good, appropriate figs included with one unique droid. The others can be bought in other sets.

Playability: 8/10 - An excellent set to play with. Each fighter has an opening cockpit and can be swooshed about.

Swooshability: 9/10 - The fighters are sturdy and easy to fly around.

Overall: 8/10 - An accurate calculated score.

See the gallery here.

KimT, you can add it to the index if you like. I made it to fill the gap. Also, you may add a vote to it and give any more suggestions.

I think that this set was worth the price but i did not get it since I am only into the clone wars. :classic: Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks, it's great to see the original of the Vader's Tie Fighter which was updated this year. The new one is a bit slicker, but if I could go back in time, I'd pick this set up too.

The "Droid TIE Fighter is actually called a TIE/d Fighter and the odd one out is Sullust

Hi there, mastertrebor. Welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

I know that it is, but many other people here who aren't as big of a Star Wars fan as me may get confused if I called then TIE/d Fighter and TIE/In Fighter, etc. Thanks for pointing that out for people who weren't aware of that, though.

With regards to my game, I'd prefer it if you sent me a PM containing your answer. However, I am well aware that you cannot use the PM system until you've posted 10 times. Because of this, I'd like you to use my thread to avoid off-topic discussion in other threads. Any future questions you have can be posted there too, and you can contact me there at any time as well.

Sullust may be correct, but you must give me a reason for you chosing it, as sometimes, several of the answers can be correct. Feel free to tell me this in my thread.

Thanks for understanding. :classic:

And about your sig, I totally agree with prateek, they're much too big. If you want to keep those pics in your sig, they'll need to be much smaller. There are tutorials around that can teach you how to do this, although I'm not sure where they are. Try asking a moderator or admin member for advice about this.

See you around! :wink:

Nice review. This set came out before I seriously got into Lego Star Wars. I think the newer versions of these (Vader's Tie and Tie Fighter) looks better but I'll get it without hesitation had I been into Lego Star Wars back in those days.

Welcome to eurobricks mastertrebor12, you can find tutorals here

I got this set last year and I'm glad I did back than even though the price was steep it's huge now.

For me this set was a must because it contained the two most well known imperial fighters, TIE fighter and TIE advanced x1 from star wars.

Together with the X-wing and/or Y-wing it's possible to re-create (part of) the Death Star run from episode IV. So that's a plus.

This was an awesome collection. I wish I had the entire Tie collection, but sadly I am to poor to afford such nice sets :pir_bawling:

Good Job on the review :thumbup:

Well, now that the topic is revived, let's discuss!

ADH, Could you possibly take a comparison pic between the new and old TIE Advanced? I'd love that. Though I already have a TIE Advanced, I still wanna see them together.

Also, I am now inspired to go build a regular TIE Fighter, which I somehow still lack. I had one a long time ago, so now I'll rebuild it, but in the new style!

Nice review. This set came out before I seriously got into Lego Star Wars. I think the newer versions of these (Vader's Tie and Tie Fighter) looks better but I'll get it without hesitation had I been into Lego Star Wars back in those days.

Thanks, Fumoffu.

This was an awesome collection. I wish I had the entire Tie collection, but sadly I am to poor to afford such nice sets :pir_bawling:

Good Job on the review :thumbup:

Thank you very much, Ratshot.

Well, now that the topic is revived, let's discuss!

ADH, Could you possibly take a comparison pic between the new and old TIE Advanced? I'd love that. Though I already have a TIE Advanced, I still wanna see them together.

Also, I am now inspired to go build a regular TIE Fighter, which I somehow still lack. I had one a long time ago, so now I'll rebuild it, but in the new style!

I would love to, Legolas, but I don't have the new one, unfortunately. Even though I don't have it, I think it looks much better than this version and, given the choice, would buy that instead. Seeing as I have this one already, however, and it matches the rest of my TIE fighters, I'm not going to get the new one.

Good luck with that. I hope to see pics here when it's finished. :thumbup:

Edited by ADHO15

I find this set pretty average imo. I find the droid tie fighter just a filler in this set which was a stupid decision by lego. These fighters are very blocky and the tie pilots dont have a lot of detail and the droid brain is just stupid.

Great review for a poor set

I find this set pretty average imo. I find the droid tie fighter just a filler in this set which was a stupid decision by lego. These fighters are very blocky and the tie pilots dont have a lot of detail and the droid brain is just stupid.

Great review for a poor set

Thanks, Roncanator. It's good to see a negative take on the set too.

Nice review! I really want this collection.

Thank you, Torax.

Cheers for the review ADHO15! I really like this set but never actually picked it up... oh well! Still scores pretty highly in my book :wink:

I find the droid tie fighter just a filler in this set which was a stupid decision by lego. These fighters are very blocky and the tie pilots dont have a lot of detail and the droid brain is just stupid.

From reading Dark Empire I really liked the inclusion of the TIE-D - it's a nice addition to the TIE series in my opinion. They should've kept the lasers red of course, but that's the tiniest of niggles and easist of mods! All in all I think this set was great at the time for those who wanted to own or bulk out a TIE squadron; recreating the squad from the end of ANH, while offering an extra collector's piece.

Cheers for the review ADHO15! I really like this set but never actually picked it up... oh well! Still scores pretty highly in my book :wink:

From reading Dark Empire I really liked the inclusion of the TIE-D - it's a nice addition to the TIE series in my opinion. They should've kept the lasers red of course, but that's the tiniest of niggles and easist of mods! All in all I think this set was great at the time for those who wanted to own or bulk out a TIE squadron; recreating the squad from the end of ANH, while offering an extra collector's piece.

Thanks, pedro.

I agree that it was nice to see a less well-known TIE fighter get the spotlight for a change.

actually i'm very happy tha TLC doesn't use any blue in the new darth-vader tie - i'm a big OT-fan and have only imperial ships but never bought a tie for the blue in it... now, i've git the new tie and i'm happy with it.

nice review!

Edited by fenris

actually i'm very happy tha TLC doesn't use any blue in the new darth-vader tie - i'm a big OT-fan and have only imperial ships but never bought a tie for the blue in it... now, i've git the new tie and i'm happy with it.

nice review!

Thanks, fenris.

I agree that the new style is better. The TIE Fighters in the films were never blue, so the grey is much more accurate. However, if TLG do remake all the old versions, I'll probably stick to my existing collection.

Thanks, fenris.

I agree that the new style is better. The TIE Fighters in the films were never blue, so the grey is much more accurate. However, if TLG do remake all the old versions, I'll probably stick to my existing collection.

i fear that there's no danger that tlc will remake all the ties... i'd love it, but it's not what i would call highly probable...

anyway, you've got a really nice set and it's worth should be rising...