Sign in to follow this  
lumiosa

The Wrong Droid

indexed.gif

Right, so I'll start showing what I do with a small vignette I did just for the fun of it (hope this is the right place for this one).

A few days ago I was browsing the net and I found the cutest little droid by Dan Solo. So I thought I just had to do something with it, and here it is.

A little description first, so as to contextualize it.

back in Episode IV, when the stormtroopers were looking for C3P0 and R2 in Tatooine, a few mistakes were made and some wrong droids were found:

wrongdroid.jpg

Like I said, this was just for the fun of it, so there aren't many details.

Still, I hope you like it

Edited by KimT

It's cute and all, but honestly, why are these things popping up suddenly? The M8 first appeared in 2007 or so, why the sudden resurgance of interest? I remember making a mommy/daddy droid joke about it years ago now and had larger versions to represent them.

Well, whatever. Oh, and it's Don Solo, as I recall.

It's cute and all, but honestly, why are these things popping up suddenly? The M8 first appeared in 2007 or so, why the sudden resurgance of interest? I remember making a mommy/daddy droid joke about it years ago now and had larger versions to represent them.

I guess that's because TBB had a post about it recently. At least in my case, for I hadn't seen them before.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/01/22/r...-m8what-a-pair/

Oh, and it's Don Solo, as I recall.

Oops! I apologise for the wrong name. Sorry, Don Solo.

I guess that's because TBB had a post about it recently. At least in my case, for I hadn't seen them before.

Oh cool, I hadn't seen the mega-sized one by Rocko. Where has he been lately? We love Rocko around here, wish he'd come back and share his latest stuff, it's always amazing.

reminds me of Wall-e

It's a WED15 treadwell droid. Kind of similar, though it should have arms. At least it's better than lego's version, which for some reason lacked a head! :tongue:

Good job! And funny. :thumbup:

Big or small, it still goes into the index.

You might have considered adding a little more greeble to the base.

It's kinda "desolate", but I guess thats just how a desert is :laugh: