Sign in to follow this  
General Armendariz

Which pirate captain do you like now?

Vote!  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which pirate captain do you like now?

• Roger/Red Beard
    • Iron Hook
    • Brick Beard
    • Captain Pete (Creator Set)

It seems the selection of captains was based on their pirate captain hats, because not all of them have been in command of one of the big pirate ships (in fact only Red Beard and Brick Beard have). I was browsing through BL's list of Pirate (I) minifigs and was wondering if this pirate should be added to the poll as well? Not that he's me favorite (I don't particularly like the Armada sets), since that can be no other but Red Beard himself (aaarrr mate).

EDIT: I'm sorry I didn't look at the previous posts carefully!

Who's got ideas for a name? :pir-sweet:

Here's some inspiration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spanish_pirates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Portuguese_pirates

Edited by Rick77

I didn't vote yet, so I don't know the most beloved captain.

In my opinion, Pirates 2009 are the worse Pirates series of all time, even worse than POTC.

The whole theme seems to be dedicated to kids, and completely not dedicated to adults or teenagers.

The skull on BrickBeard's hat looks extremely cartoonish comparing to the old skull which is a "real skull".

His torso is pretty nice indeed, but the epaulettes and the hook are horrible.

That shiny golden yellow makes the captain to look like a kitsch toy.

This color is one of the main reasons why I still prefer sets before 2002.

Also BrickBeard's face doesn't impress me at all.

His face is also extremely cartoonish, and eye catchy...

Honestly I admire much more the vintage minifigs (with the basic smiley face) due to their simplicity.

Being so simple, it makes them more universal and more collectible for collectors of all ages.

RedBeard? Not much to say about him...

Simple, accurate, elegant!

The first minfig with its own name.

I consider him maybe the best minifig of all time. (but not the best pirate captain).

Iron Hook seems to be the veteran of the pirates crew.

He lost one of his hands and one of his legs just as RedBeard, but his torso tells about him that he fought well each day, day after day.

Instead of wearing a coat, he has a simple shirt with a belt and a knife. (knife > maybe for backstabbing?) :blush:

A pirate like him cares about the treasure, not about the coat. :head_back:

Also, a pirate like him doesn't care about epaulettes, everything being about gold and even more gold...

My vote goes to Iron Hook.

I think Brickbeard seems too much like an updated version of Roger/Beard, would be good if the LEGO Group could come up with something more unique for future Pirate sets.

True.

I think Brickbeard seems too much like an updated version of Roger/Beard, would be good if the LEGO Group could come up with something more unique for future Pirate sets.

Well... at least he is not in the shadow of Captain Pete too.

I've long favored Redbeard, but Brickbeard's sneer won me over. There's something about his expression that just says "Arrgg" to me while everyone else is just standing around smiling.