39 members have voted

1. 1. Vote yor opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hi everyone, this is my first review so please pardon me for mistakes.

I gotten this set at SGD$160 (abt USD$111) over the weekend as a xmas present for myself.

So far, I own a few LEGO sets with the main bulk being SW sets. When I saw the huge ship on display in a store, I told myself I am going to own it!!

The engine thrusters (butt) actually made me decide to buy this set. :blush:

I find it weird that no one has review this awesome piece and it really makes my job more difficult when I am researching on it. So i hope this review can ease anyone whose interested or researching on LEGO 6211 ISD. :)

The whole ship took me abt 4.5hrs over 2 days to build.

After 2 hrs on the 1st night..

DSCN2750.jpg

The ship is built in 3 different parts where bags are numbered. So its pretty straight-forward and save the hassle to open all bags.

Final layout before they combine.

DSCN2752.jpg

DSCN2768.jpg

Finally!!!

DSCN2769.jpg

Heres the thrusters which make me drool..:X

DSCN2770.jpg

Underneath the ship

DSCN2777.jpg

Now I will go into the interior of the ISD..

First the cockpit with the pilot n commander. The monitors and side panels are all stickers.

Back of the cockpit can be opened to adjust the pilot n commander. Sweet!

DSCN2771.jpg

Cockpit view from front. It can hold 2 figures.

DSCN2764.jpg

Inside the ship..

DSCN2754.jpg

The front part of the ship contains an escape pod which is guarded by the imperial guards.

DSCN2760.jpg

DSCN2756.jpg

Escape pod (stickers not applied) is pretty cool but can be cooler if transparent bricks are used like the one in 7676.

DSCN2753.jpg

At the rear of the ship, one side is Darth Vadar's meditation chamber.

The mechanism for transporting the helmet is uselessss, but overall the entire chamber is nicely designed.

DSCN2757.jpg

DSCN2758.jpg

The other side is probably a meeting room where Darth teleconferences with the Emperor. 2 Stormtroopers await for instructions.

DSCN2759.jpg

DSCN2748.jpg

Left-over..I believe I have missed out some bricks...

DSCN2773.jpg

Displaying this piece is a headache as I usually display my collections in shelves to keep away dust.

Currently solution as this ship is too dam HUGE!!!

DSCN2774.jpg

Comparing to my other SW sets, ISD owns them!!

See what i mean

DSCN2776.jpg

Excuse my other hobbies.. :tongue:

DSCN2780.jpg

Build - Its fun building it as u will stop and play around inside the ship. Simple and little repetitive build too. 10/10

Value - As this item is near extinct in Singapore, its a worth just to own it. 9/10

Figures - Awesome figures though I am not a hard-core SW fan. First time owning DV!! 10/10

Overall - Amazingly HUGE. Its a must-own to any SW fan. I am into SW classic now!!! 9/10

Thanks for viewing. :classic:

Edited by KimT
indexed and poll added

Thanks for the review.

This one was missing in the Review Index.

A good review for a fine set.

I got this set for christmas. I really liked it. The opening of the middle isnt the best but I love the design. Did your royal guards come with black hands? Its weird. Mine came with red and Ive never seen anyone elses come with red hands.

It was a good idea for a set - but lousy execution

Empty interior and odd mini fig selection (Royal Guards?)

People always moan about the sturdyness of sets - most Lego sets are very well built (despite what people say)

...this set however, you cant hold it - the 'floor' falls to bits....

It was a good idea for a set - but lousy execution

Empty interior and odd mini fig selection (Royal Guards?)

People always moan about the sturdyness of sets - most Lego sets are very well built (despite what people say)

...this set however, you cant hold it - the 'floor' falls to bits....

Mine hasnt had any troubles yet. Ive only got it for display though. I dont play with it. If there wasnt gonna be a venator id try making my own with the help of this sets design.

My folks and I went to the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia a few weeks before my Birthday in 2006. My dad went shopping one of the days we were there, and he came back to our apartment with this huge baby. I have worshipped my father ever since. A wonderful set. It cost about AU$150, but the best part was - my parents paid for it! Hey, I would be happy to pay $200 myself. The roof removal mechanism's my favourite part. I'd take the roof on and off 200 times a day. It's just so pushy!

10/10

Very good review with much nice pictures and good understandable texts.

I always wanted this set as well but currently it isn't very high on my list (mostly due to its high price), I do want one some day though...

Thanks for reviewing this!

This was my favourite set of 2006. It may be my favourite of all time. What I love best is the extra room in this set. MANY SAY THIS IS BAD, BUT i THINK IT'S GREAT. iT ALLOWS MUCH PLAY IN THE SET. I'm sorry, I accidentally pressed Caps Lock. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (I also can't wait for the Home One cruiser and the Venator-class destroyer)

Got this set at Target during their Black Friday sale; I really love it, the sheer size of it is really amazing. The construction was a little suspect here and there, but overall it was a great experience building it and displaying it (and it hasn't come apart for me either).

Great review by the way.

You definitely missed a few. :tongue: More then a few maybe...

Good set, I dunno why everyone hates it. If everyone agrees to have a more realistic representation, then they can go out and spend 4 million dollars on a full scale set. This is fine by me! :tongue:

I really enjoyed this set, since it gives you comparable exterior realism to the 10030 UCS Star Destroyer, but it also delivers interesting minifigures such as Tarkin and Vader. I agree that the interior isn't the best styled of them all (does the ISD really need a giant escape pod and useless Vader helmet delivery system?), but customization is wonderfully easy. Look at all the space available! I modded my copy instantly, not because it was poorly designed, but because fixes are so easy and the space is so inspiring. A few extra gray plates and display screens, and you're in business. :vader:

I got this set for myself a present for christmas...I, too, got it at the 'black friday' sale from Target for $60 (what a steal!).

Some things I noticed from assembling (which I did last night):

-getting the assembled sides that form the bottom edges are quite difficult to line up.

-I had the same complaint about the 'floor' being quite unstable and wanting to fall apart when you pick it up

-for such a huge ship there was very little repetitive building - quite nice

-unbelievable size...if you haven't seen this thing in person its difficult to comprehend its size.

-the amenities are quite strange...as was noted the helmet delivery system is just bizarre and seems hokey.

Overall though I love the set...massive size makes for an impressive display.

Thanks for the review!

I got this set for myself a present for christmas...I, too, got it at the 'black friday' sale from Target for $60 (what a steal!).

Some things I noticed from assembling (which I did last night):

-getting the assembled sides that form the bottom edges are quite difficult to line up.

Yeah that's what I had in mind when I said suspect building. It never did quite line up perfectly, but I think that's more a fault of the design than me doing something wrong (and probably something unavoidable).

I know a lot of people didn't liek this one, but I hope the Venator is at the same scale. It's definitely big enough for me, and it can at least FIT minifigs!