Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Again, I'm not entirely sure Quebec consumer laws are not the same as the rest of Canada.

I looked into it for New Brunswick, contacting the New Brunswick Department of Justice, and they told me that if I felt I was misled by marketing practices to contact the Competition Bureau: http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/home to file a complaint.

So not the between provinces.

Hey. I'm from Scotland, but will be relocating to Canada (Calgary to be exact!) for Uni.....

Any tips from AFOLs in the know of the area. As far as i know, there is a Lego Store in Calgary...but after that i don't know...

Any tips then?

WWL

Not in stock at LBR Fairview, sorry.

Yeah, I dropped by there the other day and one of the staff said they didn't have any; it was weird, though, cause they had one on display along with Jabba's Palace in the clear box kind of deals.

It wasn't a big deal, I just went with Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape instead.

Hey. I'm from Scotland, but will be relocating to Canada (Calgary to be exact!) for Uni.....

Any tips from AFOLs in the know of the area. As far as i know, there is a Lego Store in Calgary...but after that i don't know...

Any tips then?

WWL

You should also check out Walmart for any sets that are on sale.

You could also hook up with: http://www.salugcalgary.com/

They're the local LUG.

And enjoy your stay ! Don't party too hard :laugh:

Any tips then?

WWL

Ah don't move Calgary! :tongue:

Just kidding never been there. :cry_sad:

Calgary :sceptic: I hear it's really nice, but I'd have a hard time living in a small city so far from other cities... But, as a non-Canadian, it'll simply be a new experience for you, so it'll be fun :sweet:

I have arrived in Oshawa! With jet lag, it's not bad that I'm starting my day at 4 am, I should be on Toronto time in a day or so :thumbup:

Calgary :sceptic: I hear it's really nice, but I'd have a hard time living in a small city so far from other cities...

This made me laugh pretty hard. :laugh: I'd love to live in Calgary! It's a huge city compared to where I live. And it's got a Lego store!

Edited by purpleparadox

I have arrived in Oshawa! With jet lag, it's not bad that I'm starting my day at 4 am, I should be on Toronto time in a day or so :thumbup:

Good to have you back for a bit, def. Next year we should do an exchange though - I'll visit Japan while you're here! :wub: Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay, and may the weather treat you ok and you find some Lego deals to your satisfaction!

Soon-to-be-welcomed-to-Canada. Calgary is awesome. You are very fortunate. I lived there for many many years, and miss it everyday. It's very casual culture where jeans and technical outdoor gear are the norm rather than suit and tie. During summer days you can leave your office and head to the mountains for mountain bike riding or amazing mountainous road riding and still get enough light for a good ride.

Anything outdoorsy is literally right at your doorstep...great restaurants, Lego store and a local LUG as well...so great for everything!! Good luck with it...and you chose wisely.

On another note...I was just at the Fairview Lego Store in Toronto and saw Si-MOCs and I'm not sure who else's AMAZING Friends Space MOC. Wow...if anybody has a chance to make it to the store...check it out...it's truly fantastic!!!

Edited by Toadtorrent

On another note...I was just at the Fairview Lego Store in Toronto and saw Si-MOCs and I'm not sure who else's AMAZING Friends Space MOC. Wow...if anybody has a chance to make it to the store...check it out...it's truly fantastic!!!

The 'who else' in question is EB's very own 'Ricecracker'. :)

The 'who else' in question is EB's very own 'Ricecracker'. :)

Thanks...and big kudos to those fine folks! Great use of colour...part use..."rooms"...everything!!

Saw someone selling Series 8 on Toronto Kijiji. Anyone notice them at any stores yet here in Canada?

Nertz, these might be out here already? I haven't seen any, but I haven't actually been looking yet, either. I wasn't expecting them till, like, October.

Nertz, these might be out here already? I haven't seen any, but I haven't actually been looking yet, either. I wasn't expecting them till, like, October.

Series 8 is all over American TRU's. I'm sure they'll pop up soon here. Chapters, Walmart, and LEGO Stores. :)

Heard a guy talking at the Fairview LEGO store the other day, asking about "little people in black pouches" that he saw at TRU, so I guess they are out there.

Do Toronto Chapters/Indigo's sell Minifigures in-store and not just online? The ones in London don't.

So for those of you near Toronto, the Fan Expo starts tomorrow, which is sort of a big, lumbering deal around here. But I noticed that LEGO has a table this year, which is new and interesting. I'm hoping they're well-received, so that this time next year they might bring along some sweet exclusive stuff that Canada never gets access to.

So for those of you near Toronto, the Fan Expo starts tomorrow, which is sort of a big, lumbering deal around here. But I noticed that LEGO has a table this year, which is new and interesting. I'm hoping they're well-received, so that this time next year they might bring along some sweet exclusive stuff that Canada never gets access to.

I don't think we are getting exclusives but a master builder will be there friday at 5pm for a talk...

I'm guessing that it was pretty last minute thing for Lego to compete with the megablock presence.

Your probably better off going to Brickfete if you want to see some exclusive stuff :tongue:

I don't think we are getting exclusives but a master builder will be there friday at 5pm for a talk...

I'm guessing that it was pretty last minute thing for Lego to compete with the megablock presence.

Your probably better off going to Brickfete if you want to see some exclusive stuff :tongue:

Dude, they were totally giving out Darth Maul polybags on Thursday. Worth the visit!

Dude, they were totally giving out Darth Maul polybags on Thursday. Worth the visit!

To be fair I didn't say they weren't giving away free stuff... I said there probably wasn't exclusive stuff... like SDCC ... :look:

Full recap!

Thursday, STAR WARS: morning [not sure for how long], Darth Maul polybag giveaway.

Friday, SUPERHEROES: multiple times throughout the day, Build-a-logo, where you collect pieces and build either the Superman or Batman logo. (I don't know how good an idea this was, on account that people needed over a hundred 1x1 bricks, so counting that out made the line really long. Should have been pre-packaged.)

Saturday, LOTR: LEGO LOTR posters [at least two that I saw] available at various times throughout the day.

Sunday, MONSTER FIGHTERS: Build-a-Lord Vampyre, at least two times during the early part of the day, and later in the afternoon they were handing out smaller polybags of a glow in the dark spider with web, skeleton, bat, and jewels with glowing stickers. I forgot to record the bag number for this.

There may have been other stuff I didn't see, because I wasn't around the area much more than once or twice a day. But yeah, pretty good for such a tiny display. Hopefully it'll be bigger and better [and more prominent] next year! And go to my blog to see the awesome sketch I got Greg Hyland to do for me!

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Thursday, STAR WARS: morning [not sure for how long], Darth Maul polybag giveaway.

Did you by any change get an extra of this??

On another topic I picked up Series 8 today at Wal-Mart in Oakville. Also 1 out of 2 WM I checked in Mississauga had them. Good luck!

I'll also add that if anyone is looking for Series 7, the Oakville TRU had 7 cases - some even unopened. Saw 1 lonely Series 8 fig there that I gave to a kid watching me haha They were unsure when they would get more in.

Saw 1 lonely Series 8 fig there that I gave to a kid watching me haha

:thumbup::sweet: