Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

The Gaspée Affair

thindexedgif.gif 67a

As a native-Rhode Islander, I thought building this infamous scene, one that would lead to the Revolutionary War, would be fun. This is one of those MOCs that I've been meaning to make for a very long time. For those not in the know, read up on this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaspee_Affair

6-53.jpg

5-74.jpg

4-87.jpg

3-105.jpg

2-115.jpg

1-128.jpg

Thanks!

Oh yes, this is very nice indeed! Do you mind I frontpage it on Classic-Pirates?

Oh yes, this is very nice indeed! Do you mind I frontpage it on Classic-Pirates?

Sure, go right ahead! Thanks. :classic:

Very nice job with this, especially in capturing the shape of the ship. The tan stripe is a neat addition, and adds a lot to the general look, I think. You've also done a good job with the rigging, and makes the lack of sails less noticeable.

The only thing that looks off to me is the mast protruding from the front of the ship (sorry, I don't know the correct name offhand) seems too long to me. I believe it would look much more proportionate if you were to shorten it a bit.

Is there a particular reason why you wanted this in the History and Adventure section instead of Pirates? While this isn't necessarily a pirate creation, I think it would fit better in that section.

Very nice job with this, especially in capturing the shape of the ship. The tan stripe is a neat addition, and adds a lot to the general look, I think. You've also done a good job with the rigging, and makes the lack of sails less noticeable.

The only thing that looks off to me is the mast protruding from the front of the ship (sorry, I don't know the correct name offhand) seems too long to me. I believe it would look much more proportionate if you were to shorten it a bit.

Is there a particular reason why you wanted this in the History and Adventure section instead of Pirates? While this isn't necessarily a pirate creation, I think it would fit better in that section.

Thanks!

A couple other people said it looked too long, also. (I think it's called a bowsprit). I had lots of reference, and that's how it looked, so that's what I went with.

I thought this would certainly fit better here than the pirates forum - I wouldn't call the Sons of Liberty pirates! :tongue:

The Pirates forum also covers other ages, like the Age of Sail in its entity, the napoleonic wars,...

Actually, you can read this line beneath it:

Pirates, Soldiers, Guards, Islanders, Armada, Napoleonic Wars, Aztec, Maya, Inca and the Age of Sail

BTW: I wrote the article and it will be frontpaged as soon as the PTV-medium division entries are showcased (not very long thus).

It looks good for you, so far (the voting) :wink: .

The solution to the forum problem is simple - we'll display it in both forums! That way it'll get the maximum amount exposure.

Lets leave it here for now and when we frontpage it on Classic-Pirates.com we'll move it to the Pirate forum.

The solution to the forum problem is simple - we'll display it in both forums! That way it'll get the maximum amount exposure.

Lets leave it here for now and when we frontpage it on Classic-Pirates.com we'll move it to the Pirate forum.

An estimable solution Mister Phes.

Yup, sounds good to me! :thumbup:

very nice ship.

i like it very much.

nothing much to say. great.

Hello,

I have seen this ship already yesterday on Brickshelf.

I like it very much! I still shall say what, good work!

Capt. K.

amazing ship sirnadroj, I'm actually building one too, but It's a very different ship^^ this one looks very realistic! great job!

Love that!! :pir-wub:

The colour sheme is great, with the tan line on the side.

The rigging looks awesome too, but with sails it would be better I think, the bowsprit looks fine. I've been searching around the net and found out the bowsprit has a perfect shape, not too long and not too short.

Oh, I almost forgot: That's such an amazing lantern at the back of the dinghy!

Great job!!!

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor