Buttons

Bricklink questions

I did a bit of looking at this store and contackted them and found out that most of these issues come from international buyers. I guess that customs or something must take a while or something. Hope this helps :classic:

Yes that helps thanks. It hasnt come today, So Ill give them till mabye Monday or Tuesday, if it doesn't come, Ill take serious action. :angry:

And they write back to my Complaint on Bricklink:

Still not recieved this or the previous order

Reply: Shipped 6 days ago. It takes longer than that to get from US to UK.

But does that mean they have shipped my previous order (I ordered at least 2 months ago) with this new order? Or do you think they missed that out? :sceptic:

But does that mean they have shipped my previous order (I ordered at least 2 months ago) with this new order? Or do you think they missed that out? :sceptic:

Have you asked them if they shipped the two orders together. It would surprise me if they did since if appears as if you orderd them at different times but anything is possible :tongue: . As for your first order , I would be surprised if they missed out as long as you payed. I hope that this helps again. :classic:

Ok, Its now been 14 Days since It was shipped. Still haven't recieved it. Ok, There was a slight Postoffice mishap in the UK a few days ago but...14 DAYS! :hmpf_bad:

I just recieved a letter from customs about my order and they said "We have your order" but they want us to pay £20 for shipping, although we already payed the shipping! :sceptic: My Dad has inquired about why they want us to pay for shipping and ifit includes the past order we orderd around the 7th July and never recieved.

Anyone ordered from Bobo's Brick Bazaar ?

I paid my order a few days ago (not within the 3 days, cause a slow bank-paypal transfer) and I didn't got any reaction.

I've just sent an e-mail to let me know if the order is shipped or when it's gonna be shipped.

Anyone?

Edited by commdr_neyo

Anyone ordered from Bobo's Brick Bazaar ?

I paid my order a few days ago (not within the 3 days, cause a slow bank-paypal transfer) and I didn't got any reaction.

I've just sent an e-mail to let me know if the order is shipped or when it's gonna be shipped.

Anyone?

Well you gotta give some people time to get the payment, reply e.t.c. But if its more than 5 days with no message, I'd get on the shops tail.

Bugger! I've just received my first bricklink order I'm NOT particularly happy with :sadnew:

The store is called I LOVE MY BRICK but, aside from loving the annoying use of Caps Locks, the seller doesn't have all that much love for his "brick", apparently. I was searching for white 1x2x2 windows with trans-clear glass and this was the only shop that had the quantity I needed. Unfortunately, the quality was appaling - out of the 3 windows I'd ordered two were heavily scratched and the third one was in a downright appaling condition (quite discoloured, scratched, generally damaged). There were also other scratched bricks as well... And what's worst, I posted positive feedback before I'd actually checked out the bricks' quality... So here's a tip from me - unless you like bricks that reek of cigarettes and are scratched, discoloured and damaged, don't buy from that shop.

Edited by TheOtters

I always stick to pieces marked "new" when buying from BL, in order to avoid exactly this issue.

I used to buy used pieces in the past, and the condition ranged anywhere from like new to poor depending on the seller. I've gotten some very good deals in the past on rare used pieces, but nowadays I would rather just avoid the uncertainty.

Bugger! I've just received my first bricklink order I'm NOT particularly happy with :sadnew:

The store is called I LOVE MY BRICK but, aside from loving the annoying use of Caps Locks, the seller doesn't have all that much love for his "brick", apparently. I was searching for white 1x2x2 windows with trans-clear glass and this was the only shop that had the quantity I needed. Unfortunately, the quality was appaling - out of the 3 windows I'd ordered two were heavily scratched and the third one was in a downright appaling condition (quite discoloured, scratched, generally damaged). There were also other scratched bricks as well... And what's worst, I posted positive feedback before I'd actually checked out the bricks' quality... So here's a tip from me - unless you like bricks that reek of cigarettes and are scratched, discoloured and damaged, don't buy from that shop.

That stinks but it sounds like a "Lesson learned" type of scenario. I feel bad for you, but it's your own fault that this is now concluded in a way your not happy with. Feedback should never be given until you have inspected all pieces and are 100% satisfied.

Feedback should never be given until you have inspected all pieces and are 100% satisfied.

That's why I started using the RECEIVED option. You mark it RECEIVED so they know it arrived and then you can inspect the order before marking it COMPLETED.

Well, what can I say... Learning by mistakes is one way to do it :hmpf_bad:

In any case, not _all_ bricks I ordered from that store were damaged. Just the ones I needed the most for a specific MOC (Murphy's laws, naturally :tongue: ). In the future I guess I'll avoid ordering used bricks where I can.

Back to the store - the guy himself seems like a really nice fella, because after I let him know I'm far from being happy with the bricks I got, he wrote back and was obviously concerned and ready to help and refund the cost of items I was not happy with. So all in all, it's only MY OWN fault that I didn't check what I actually got. And there's the real tip to all BL users - check what you get, contact the stores; chances are you'll be able to reason with those guys, after all they're also LEGO fans...

That's why I started using the RECEIVED option. You mark it RECEIVED so they know it arrived and then you can inspect the order before marking it COMPLETED.

I agree. The bricklink system is actually very well lade out, and they instruct doing just that.

Every option they have should be used throughout the process.

I agree, whenever I had a problem - like missing parts or wrong parts or something - I mailed them and every time the problem was solved in a very effective and friendly way. :thumbup:

Benny

OK, so I have four orders that I sent out two months ago, and they haven't been marked received yet. The thing is, none of these people will reply to emails. Is there any way I can complete my order yet?

People use to do that all the time to me back when I had a store. I waited for months just waiting to have a guy check it as recieved. :sadnew:

As of 7:35 am CDT on September 28th, 2009...I am getting a 'page load error' at http://www.bricklink.com/. Also, Bricklink is not showing up in any searches on Google. Can anyone confirm whether the site is down right now? Does anyone know what is going on? It was up at 10:30 pm CDT last night.

Thanks,

Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

As of 7:35 am CDT on September 28th, 2009...I am getting a 'page load error' at http://www.bricklink.com/. Also, Bricklink is not showing up in any searches on Google. Can anyone confirm whether the site is down right now? Does anyone know what is going on? It was up at 10:30 pm CDT last night.

Thanks,

Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Yeah. I have the same problem today. It worked fine last night.

Gary

Thanks,

Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

These types of outages on Bricklink don't happen very often. In the past, the outages are sporadic or only last for a couple of minutes. This outage seems a little more longterm. :cry_sad:

Gary

Thanks,

Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Yeah. I have the same problem today. It worked fine last night.

Gary

These types of outages on Bricklink don't happen very often. In the past, the outages are sporadic or only last for a couple of minutes. This outage seems a little more longterm. :cry_sad:

Gary

Site Availability:

BrickLink.com will be temporarily unavailable once every week up to 3 hours for a scheduled maintenance

The above quoted from Bricklink's TOS.

Edited by Ricecracker

The above quoted from Bricklink's TOS.

That's good to know. However, this seems like more of a long-term outage. The actual computer server, Northstar Computers (http://www.northcomp.com/) is down. I think Brickset.com is also hosted on this server and they're down too.

That's good to know. However, this seems like more of a long-term outage. The actual computer server, Northstar Computers (http://www.northcomp.com/) is down. I think Brickset.com is also hosted on this server and they're down too.

Well, I actually just read on flickr that someone heard that severe weather at their U.S. server was to blame. Apparently it was working in the rest of the world thanks to other servers. It's back up now.

Well, I actually just read on flickr that someone heard that severe weather at their U.S. server was to blame. Apparently it was working in the rest of the world thanks to other servers. It's back up now.

I didn't know that. Thank you for the update.

Gary

Woo hoo! It's now up and running again!

I recently make an order from this BL user. User's profile. I ordered it on Sunday and payed for it on Monday. I sent him an Email asking him to please send it out and he hasn't sent it out or repiled to my messages. Has anyone else here have problems like this? Other memebers of BL had problems with him but few were about slow shipping. I'm not sure what to do. Any help?

I recently make an order from this BL user. User's profile. I ordered it on Sunday and payed for it on Monday. I sent him an Email asking him to please send it out and he hasn't sent it out or repiled to my messages. Has anyone else here have problems like this? Other memebers of BL had problems with him but few were about slow shipping. I'm not sure what to do. Any help?

Well I think everyone has had a bad buying experience at one point or another from the internet.

My advise is email him again and let him know that if he doesn't at least respond by, let's say tuesday, you are going to cancel the order and dispute the charge with paypal or your credit card company.

I always allow a few days, but you paid Monday and its been 4 solid days.

Four days isn't that bad. People have lives outside of Bricklink. I'd give it until Monday before emailing him again, and if you still do not get a reply by Wednesday or Thursday, then file a non-shipping seller alert.