Sign in to follow this  
Ras 74

Review - 8017 Darth Vader´s TIE Fighter!

Rate the set  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Ras, thanks! Finally, this is not some box art review that we have earlier. :grin:
You're so going to get it Bob :devil:!

Nice review Ras, I'm looking forward to building mine on saturday with a cool can of RB! Sweden Rock's!!

CopMike

Wow, thanks for the review. I guess Christmas came early for some...

It does look much better than the older versions. Especially now that th'ey've finally decided to do it in its original colour scheme...

Somehow I got the feeling that it's going to give them an excuse to re re release every Tie Fighter they've already done but in grey... Oh well, if they improve the design the same fantastic way they did for everything else this year, who am I to complain

I had hoped they would release this set in the U.S in time for Christmas, along with the other new sets, but I guess not. Thanks for the review! I think I'm sold on this set once it comes out. It looks very nice and the build seems easy enough. :thumbup:

First time a new sets hit Sweden first, so I will just say a modest...

GO SWEDEN!!

-Ras-

Just to bad it only seems to be at certain select toystores in larger cities. It doen't seem to be available in my "state" (län) at all... :(

Thanks for the nice review, Ras. :thumbup:

Seriously, this new version of Vader's Tie Advanced is MILES better than the original. Better colors, better shape, better detail - and a better Vader fig! I won't get it, as I've decided that Starwars is far too expensive for me to invest in at all, but it's good that we've gotten a great redesign. I voted above average, as it is just that - not especially amazing, but better than normal. :wink:

Thanks for the great review, Ras! :sweet: I'm really looking forward to this one, especially with the new DV (and hopefully in the future, a chrome DV promo in moire countries). This looks really good, but I am somehow disappointed after seeing some close-ups. The back seems very plain, especially with those ridiculous <insert that tiresome argument> curve-slope pieces. I think this could be a lot better if the designers had some more effort into it instead of focusing only on the new CW sets... some greebling would suffice, but that's nothing that some modding won't fix. Another disappointing factor is that the lightsaber hilt is not chrome, even though this is an anniversary set... :sad: The metallic silver is a good substitute for bley, but I still think that chrome hilts should be included in special sets such as this.

It's still not clear for me. The fig in the set is chrome black too, or only the extrta one?

I hope, it will be in the box too, otherwise I wont have any chance to get one... :(

It's still not clear for me. The fig in the set is chrome black too, or only the extrta one?

I hope, it will be in the box too, otherwise I wont have any chance to get one... :(

The one in the box is the same Vader as the one in the Death Star (Set#10188)

The extra is part of a PR stunt and 85000 will be handed out at different places in the world.

So no-can't-do about the chrome Vader being in the box.

The one in the box is the same Vader as the one in the Death Star (Set#10188)

The extra is part of a PR stunt and 85000 will be handed out at different places in the world.

So no-can't-do about the chrome Vader being in the box.

Thank You KimT! It's a bad news for me, but lets be positive! I don't even have money for the Death Star, so this is a chance to get a DS Vader with this set. :classic:

In the last picture, it looks like Vader has a lightsaber hilt in the new silver color. Is this correct, or just a camera effect? It'd be nice to see, at least if not a chrome hilt, a silver one.

In the last picture, it looks like Vader has a lightsaber hilt in the new silver color. Is this correct, or just a camera effect? It'd be nice to see, at least if not a chrome hilt, a silver one.

That Vader is the Chrome Black Promotional Vader figure.

He's not part of the set.

The hilt appears to be pearl-silver.

As far as I can see it looks like metallic silver.

Yeah, it is.

Since that has now been answered, I'd like to remind everyone that this is a review topic on 8017 Vader's Tie.

The question on the fig was called for, but please remember to ask questions on the Chrome Vader in the dedicated topic.

I've gotten mine today and as Dennimator says, it's metallic silver.

Chrome :vader: ON!

I've gotten mine today and as Dennimator says, it's metallic silver.

Chrome :vader: ON!

Do you mind if I ask where you got this?

Did you have it send from Sweden or did you find it at a store in Denmark? I suppose you had it send from Sweden, but I think its worth asking.

Do you mind if I ask where you got this?

Did you have it send from Sweden or did you find it at a store in Denmark? I suppose you had it send from Sweden, but I think its worth asking.

Ahem!

I will answer this in the proper topic :tongue:

Looks fine to me. It's on the list... When does that come to Japan? March or something? :cry_sad: