Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Creative Critic Mini-Contest FAQ

Of all the participants of the Pillage the Village Contest the Creative Critics have the most arduous task - providing feedback for as many entries as they possibly can. This is no doubt exhausting after all these weeks so we want to give the Creative Critics a little something extra...

Another Prize!

The first entrant to write 20 post of feedback (has to be a solid paragraph) before Friday 28th of November will win a 6257 Castaway's Raft.

6257_castaways_raft_cc_prize.jpg

Terms & Conditions

1. Entrants must have registered in the Creative Critic Award thread to participate.
  2. The winner will be the first entrant to have accumulated 20 posts of feedback.
    • Each post must be a solid paragraph and therefore a few short sentences strung together will not be counted.
    • Spam will result in immediate disqualification.

[*]Only feedback left between Friday 21st (00:00 GMT) of November through till Friday 28th (00:00 GMT).

• Feedback left before and after those times will not be taken into consideration for the Mini-Contest.
  • The contest ends as soon as the first entrant reaches 20 posts of solid feedback.
  • If none of the entrants have accumulated 20 posts by Friday 28th (00:00 GMT) then nobody wins the prize.

[*] The Classic-Pirates.com Staff will determine whether the feedback posts meet contest requirements. Their decision is final.

Who May Participate?

• All forum Users and Classic-Pirates.com Volunteers. (Providing they've registered in Creative Critic Award thread)
  • Eurobricks and Classic-Pirates.com Staff may sit and watch gleefully, but not participate.

The really good stuff!

Entering in the Mini-Contest also has strategical benefits:

1. The winner of the Mini-Contest is also elligble to win the final Creative Critic Prizes, meaning entrants could win two prizes!
  2. Feedback left in the Mini-Contest WILL BE counted towards the final Creative Critic prizes. So make the feedback good!
  3. Entrants ARE NOT required to have left prior feedback to enter so newcomers are very welcome!

Post in this thread after you've reached 20 posts

Much faster if you let us know, rather than waiting for us to scour the forum.

Exciting stuff! But no doubt some of you have questions so here's your opportunity to ask...

:jollyroger:

Arg I already said all I had to say about the entries :/

Arg I already said all I had to say about the entries :/

It was recommended in the Creative Critic Award thread that you didn't leave all your feedback for each MOC in one post. So if you're really clever you could edit your previous feedback posts to leave just enough feedback to suffice the requirements yet give you something to work with for the Mini-Contest.

But, if the MOC builder has already quoted or acknowleged your feedback then there's no point posting it again now - it would just be confusing.

6257_castaways_raft_cc_prize.jpg

Har, it be a paintograph o' me early years, out a huntin' Fickle Fin the Skittish Shark of LEGOLAND Lagoon! :shark:

I remember it like it was only yesterday...

There he is, lads, but he be divin' too quickly! One of you jump in and get his attention!

Wha-a-a-a...

Buh-buh-buh-buh...

You two related to Staudie?

Who?

Nevermind, just get in, I've got a musket, it'll be fine!

They were a couple of good lads. Not too bright, but good lads. :pir-sceptic:

I never did get that shark, but now you can, just by being a fantastic critic, so get to it!

The treasure... she be a-waitin' ya! :jollyroger:

Uhhh.. a surprise. I'm gonna try 'caus I wouldn't mind winning the price though I'm not sure I've got a change against Zorro and Erdbeereis1: They're alsways so fast :pir-grin:

Count me in!

It was recommended in the Creative Critic Award thread that you didn't leave all your feedback for each MOC in one post. So if you're really clever you could edit your previous feedback posts to leave just enough feedback to suffice the requirements yet give you something to work with for the Mini-Contest.

But, if the MOC builder has already quoted or acknowleged your feedback then there's no point posting it again now - it would just be confusing.

That is very smart. But will it affect your status in the creative critic contest if you leave all your feedback in one post?

I also have a question about the mini contest. For the paragraph, does that include suggestions or only your opinion?

LegoKing

I'll go for it too, though the chances of me winning are not very high unless Zorro and Erdberries drop dead or lose computor connection...

unless Zorro and Erdberries drop dead or lose computor connection...

You didn't happen to slip some poison in my drink did you? :pir-look::pir-tongue:

When a member reaches the 20 posts, should he or she post that they have in this thread? Or is that not necessary.

When a member reaches the 20 posts, should he or she post that they have in this thread? Or is that not necessary.

That is a good question Erdbeereis1. My guess is that they will be watching you and you will not have to post that you have completed the 20 posts.

Sign me up! Another great little contest? Wonderful!

That is a good question Erdbeereis1. My guess is that they will be watching you and you will not have to post that you have completed the 20 posts.

Oh my.. They'll be watching me :pir-oh3: Holy moly.. big brither is here.

And Zepher lets join up to make Zorro and Erdbeereis1 connection fail :pir-skull: It's our only chance. It seems that those guys are online 24/7 to respond new PTV-entries.

hey ! I'm at least as connected as them! my post are just smaller and badly presented :pir_laugh2:

Mister Phes, Count me in (in case you didn't ^^ ) , I'm not going to modify my previous posts, but I'm going to watch more closely to the entries and find something to say ^^

I also have a question about the mini contest. For the paragraph, does that include suggestions or only your opinion?

It is just the same as any other Creative Critic post. Same content, same effort. Just you need to do it as quickly as possible, but still make a well thought out response. Just remember, if you start making poor quality posts to get done quickly, you will destroy your chances with the bigger prizes in the Pillage the Village Creative Critic division.

Just over 4 hours in...

Mister Phes, Count me in (in case you didn't ^^ ) , I'm not going to modify my previous posts, but I'm going to watch more closely to the entries and find something to say ^^

Probably no need to as there are plenty of new entries for you leave feedback on.

Sure you can!

To EVERYONE Participating

After you've completed your 20 feedback posts, post here to let us know. It's much faster if you tell us!

Sure you can!

To EVERYONE Participating

After you've completed your 20 feedback posts, post here to let us know. It's much faster if you tell us!

Ehm.. I think I've made 20 feedbacks today. But I'd like someone to check it, just be sure. I can't claim a price if I'm only half done :pir-wink: So now I just hope that I'm the first.