Scale from 1-5  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What do you rate this set?

• 5-Outstanding
    • 4-Above Average
    • 3-Average
    • 2-Below Average
    • 1-Poor

Well, I had just gotten this set yesterday from S@H. I was going to purchase the Imperial Flag Ship, but opted for this set instead along with purchasing other sets. All in all, I am happy that I had purchased Soldier's Fort and the other sets instead of getting the IFS. The only problem with not getting the IFS is that I am still short 2 cannons for Constitution.

I had given this set an average rating.

Cons:

For the price of this set, there really were not a lot of bricks, which is a problem that most of the pirate sets have been plagued with.

I was really unhappy about the stickered brick patterns for the wall pieces. I didn't use any of the stickers. I just put the stickers in the jail for now, until I place them in my sticker container.

A minor problem I had with this sets was that the row boat did not come with a bench or two.

Pros:

I liked that I am able to get all of the key pirate figures in one set. Before this set, I did not have the Imperial officer or Captain (Whatever :pir-tongue: )beard.

The playability this is really nice. I like that the set is stand alone or can be added to additional Soldier forts or MOCs. I also like that the set can easily be rearranged so to fit where I would like to put it.

Well, I had just gotten this set yesterday from S@H. I was going to purchase the Imperial Flag Ship, but opted for this set instead along with purchasing other sets. All in all, I am happy that I had purchased Soldier's Fort and the other sets instead of getting the IFS. The only problem with not getting the IFS is that I am still short 2 cannons for Constitution.

If you can find the Cannon Battle set, it's pretty easy to get some more cannons. :pir-classic:

I agree though, this set feels really sparse. Just not enough bricks.

If you can find the Cannon Battle set, it's pretty easy to get some more cannons. :pir-classic:

While the cannon battle set was out at stores, I had found it 22 times. :pir-wink:

I'll just get the last ones I want from BL. There are still plenty of piratey stuff I need to get for Constitution.

I'm a little late to the party perhaps...

Just picked this up today. I can't really agree with the overall ratings from the review. This set I think has a couple of flaws. The biggest is really the complete lack of purpose for 2 of the 3 modules (didn't count the bridge one here). No tables, no chairs, no stove, no ladders to get up the tower (which also seems to have no purpose). Comparing it to "Imperial Outpost" (the only Imperial base I had as a kid) this one seems lacking -especially with the steep price tag.

Having said that, with a few additions I think this set is a great start for an MOC or even just for filling out. Making the tower a bit wider and giving it a purpose (and ladders), and expanding the shelter and adding a stove and table or similar would be good. I think this set as it is could serve as an excellent expansion for an existing Imperial base that contains features this one lacks.

Overall, not bad, but not great either. 7/10 for me.

Soldiers fort is a great set. It's a little bit small, but it realy doesn't matter. I like the cell very much with the small details! Cool review, thanks! :monkey:

After longing it for a while, I got this set a couple of days ago - and I like it! It has interesting and varied parts and good figs, and I love the modularity. I think it's one of the better medium-sized Pirate-themed forts LEGO has ever done, actually. It surely impresses next to my old Lagoon Lock-up.

Only major complaint with it is the lame one-piece palm three... but that can be replaced with an old one. While others have complained about LEGO using stickers instead of prints, it actually pleases me as I have chosen not to apply them and can thus use the bricks for other things where eg. red brick stickers may not fit so well.

As a medium sized soldiers fort, I enjoyed this a lot. I remember people complaining at the time that it didn't quite measure up to the Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading Post but the comparison always seemed unfair considering the sets fell into a different price bracket. I do think the buildings could have been fleshed out a little more but that is my only complaint. The fort is reminiscent of the classic soldiers sets but is also unique in its own way. I liked the modularity and this is one set that I think would really benefit from buying more than one of. Two or three would create a nice little dock for the Imperial flagship.