Oky

Star Wars

And, with Maul and Mas Amedda, I think he just put up with them, to better help his own grand scheme.

Besides, I think he knew Maul would be killed anyway...

And, of course, as a senator and later Supreme Chancelor, he has to show pretences of liking them :wink:

Regards,

CF W

Star Wars in 3D

Er...woohoo?

I don't get it. Star Wars wasn't filmed in 3D. There's a difference between actual 3D cameras and digitally editing the film to make it just look like 3D. Avatar was filmed in 3D; Clash of the Titans was edited to 'look' 3D as an afterthought, and look how that turned out.

Still, if that's a chance to go see the original trilogy in theaters, I might just go see it.

Yeah but you have to remember, this is Lucas, he wont let them use cheap crappy software to convert it now will he.

Not that i care, hello the 80s are calling they want their tech back.

3d sucked in the 80s, it sucks now, especially as stereoscopic will be redundent soon.

Yeah but you have to remember, this is Lucas, he wont let them use cheap crappy software to convert it now will he.

The 2004 DVDs Disagree with you.

Star Wars in 3D

Er...woohoo?

I don't get it. Star Wars wasn't filmed in 3D. There's a difference between actual 3D cameras and digitally editing the film to make it just look like 3D. Avatar was filmed in 3D; Clash of the Titans was edited to 'look' 3D as an afterthought, and look how that turned out.

Still, if that's a chance to go see the original trilogy in theaters, I might just go see it.

Unfortunately, they're statring with TPM- and that's not going to hit theaters until 2012. Wonder how long we have to wait for ESB.

It looks like the live-action series is on hold because it's gonna be so $@#$@ing expensive!

It looks like the live-action series is on hold because it's gonna be so $@#$@ing expensive!

hmf, with all the money they were making from us buying lego sets, I thought they would have enough by now :hmpf_bad::laugh:

I know it's not lego but

Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today that the live-action Star Wars Saga will be converted to 3D! There are few movies that lend themselves more perfectly to 3D; from the Death Star trench run to the Tatooine Podrace, the Star Wars Saga has always delivered an entertainment experience that is completely immersive. Presented by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm Ltd., the cutting edge conversion will take that immersion to the next thrilling level, with Industrial Light & Magic supervising the project. Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace is expected to be released theatrically in 2012. A release date has not yet been determined.

"Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right," said John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic. "It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience."

Already posted in the star wars thread in media and culture section.

oh ok, don't even know where that is lol

According to FBTB, DK's going to break the world record for largest LEGO mosaic:

http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/07/dk-publishing-to-break-world-record-with-star-wars-mosaic/

Sorry 'bout the non-formatted link; I'm posting from a mobile platform and can't remember the proper code.

Wish I could go. Why does it have to be in the UK? :hmpf_bad:

Just a thought, but instead of making every SW movie in 3D, they should just take the OT movies and revamp them with modern technology, with stuff they didn't have access to in the 70s and 80s.

Edited by prateek

Just a thought, but instead of making every SW movie in 3D, they should just take the OT movies and revamp them with modern technology, with stuff they didn't have access to in the 70s and 80s.

*oh2* That would be amazing

No, no they shouldn't. Look how bad Lucas has messed them up already. If you must have an updated film then watch Adywan's ANH revisited on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAZUHXB_SRs

I bought myself a copy of Republic Commando today... :wub:

I love this game! The story is amazing, and the gameplay is a lot of fun. The graphics hardly even show the game's age! The multiplayer shines as well... :cry_happy: It kind of reminds me of Halo multiplayer, except rendered in Star Wars. That is definitely not a bad thing! Why did I wait so long to get this game?!

Sorry, I'll stop geeking out now :grin: ...

Edited by cralegoboy