Oky

Star Wars

*remembers that particularly disastrous day of lightsaber training...* It was a Force FX lightsaber, yes, I practice with it regularly, and yes, I am a complete nerd. :grin:

1. :laugh: What happened?

2. What Form do you use?

3. Yes. :laugh:

1. Let's just say that base security was not happy (not with me, with what happened because I had gotten the other kids [this was years ago now] started with lightsaber fights, because for one pair of kids it got personal), and that there are some parts of the body that should not be struck by hard objects traveling at high speed. :tongue:

2. An Ataru-Soresu hybrid, though recently I've been getting some Form V creep.

3. :tongue:

1. and that there are some parts of the body that should not be struck by hard objects traveling at high speed. :tongue:

2. An Ataru-Soresu hybrid, though recently I've been getting some Form V creep.

3. :tongue:

1. Ow! :sing:

2. A good mix. :thumbup: Soresu is too defensive for use in a duel, but Ataru's aggression is an excellent counter for Soresu's weaknesses. Very well-thought-out.

Yeah other people use real lightsabre forms.

I'm form III, it make it easier to last longer in a duel. However I use a stick not a proper styled lightsabre, I wouldn't want to break one.

Look at all these nerds with their lightsaber forms, and their nonsense.

Real men swing their lightsabers around like a drunken loon. It's a good duel if you don't break anything!

Real men swing their lightsabers around like a drunken loon. It's a good duel if you don't break anything!

All I can see now is Nicolas Cage with a lightsabre hitting things :laugh:.

...says the guy who thinks "PT Jedi are the BEST!" :poke:

Though in all honesty, the best thing to come out ot the prequel trilogy WAS the lightsaber fights, so...

...says the guy who thinks "PT Jedi are the BEST!" :poke:

Though in all honesty, the best thing to come out ot the prequel trilogy WAS the lightsaber fights, so...

Well... Some of them are. (Although the debate is well played out and boring now so...)

Besides all the cool kids wanted to be X-Wing pilots.

I just got the Essential Guide to Warfare by Jason Fry. I'm only about 30 pages in, but I can already say this is the perfect book for the larger Star Wars fans like Doc and Flipz. It's so incredibly informative, and is very engaging. It's probably one of the best Star Wars Essential Guides I've read in a long time. The artwork throughout the book, in addition, is amazing.

I thought that this wasn't really appropriate for any threads about the LEGO sets, but I noticed something about Darth Malgus as a character. I'm not that up to date on my pre-films SW lore, but I know my fair share, and I was under the impression that the name Darth didn't get used for every Sith until after the Rule of Two was establish by Darth Bane. But I look at Malgus, and he is surrounded by tons of Sith warriors, and they have a Sith empire, but he is still called Darth Malgus. So, what I don't understand is how he could be called Darth before the Rule of Two was established. Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

Yes, the Darth title was used anciently, see here. It's just that it had gone largely out of use by the time of Darth Bane, and he re-instituted it both for himself and everyone to follow in the Rule of Two.

Does anybody know what's up with this?

It's a 4-part comic book called Bloodlines, and it's the second run. I have the first four parter and the artwork was amazing! I would definitely suggest picking it up :classic:

It's a 4-part comic book called Bloodlines, and it's the second run. I have the first four parter and the artwork was amazing! I would definitely suggest picking it up :classic:

No I mean is Boba dead? Or is this like some sort of hoax that he's in on? The timeline says one year before the Battle of Yavin.

No I mean is Boba dead? Or is this like some sort of hoax that he's in on? The timeline says one year before the Battle of Yavin.

No, he is not dead.

By Another Executor i hope you mean another Executor class.

You know peeps, there have been more SSD's then just the Executor.....

The Agressor

The Annihalator

The Enforcer

The Guardian

The Intimidator

The Iron Fist

The Lusankya

The Reaper

The Razor's Kiss

The Terror

The Knight Hammer

The Reaper

All Executor class Super Star Destroyers.

KDY has been very busy :tongue:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Star_Destroyer

Edited by BasOne

By Another Executor i hope you mean another Executor class.

You know peeps, there have been more SSD's then just the Executor.....

in the expanded universe, yes... but I am somewhat cynical about the Lucas-selling-out-licenses-so-random-people-can-inevent-stuff :P "you want to write a book abotu starwars? certainly, my licensing fee is $x and you can make whatever random stupidness you desire!" =) But, then, I dislike stuff from the prequel trilogy too...

in the expanded universe, yes... but I am somewhat cynical about the Lucas-selling-out-licenses-so-random-people-can-inevent-stuff :P "you want to write a book abotu starwars? certainly, my licensing fee is $x and you can make whatever random stupidness you desire!" =) But, then, I dislike stuff from the prequel trilogy too...

Well allthough i like the prequel movies as 'Star Wars' i think they don't do the original justice..

I mean, they should not have put R2-D2 and C-3PO in the prequels, maybe a short cameo apearance like Chewbacca (also a bad call imho) but come on, they knew Anakin Skywalker and Obi wan Kenobi and they couldn't make a link with Luke skywalker and Ben Kenobi...

I mean, come on....

Allthough i did like the introduction of Bail Organa and the Tantive IV :tongue:

About the EU.. well, i think it's great, Star Wars is bigger then just the original 3 movies, bigger then 6 movies, there is so much to tell, so many stories.

I got a goodly collection of books and i love the books about the early years of Han Solo, Timothy Zahn's Heir To The Empire books are just awesome.

But i particuraly like the X-Wing novels, With Wedge Antilles as the main charachter and Luke, Leia and the others being the minor roles.

The Black Fleet Crisis books are great too as are books like Shadows of the Empire and The Truce at Bakura....

:tongue:

What i'm trying to say is, Star Wars is bigger then the movies, who cares that Lucas is raking in the bucks, i and i'm sure millions of others, are enjoying it :laugh:

Not to mention that i own, played and finished every Star Wars Game that came out (for PC, 1 Nintendo finished, the reeeaaalllyy old one )

Edited by BasOne

Well allthough i like the prequel movies as 'Star Wars' i think they don't do the original justice..

What i'm trying to say is, Star Wars is bigger then the movies, who cares that Lucas is raking in the bucks, i and i'm sure millions of others, are enjoying it :laugh:

y-e-s... but then it seems like anyone can invent something sci-fi, pay the license fee to Lucas, and suddenly it becomes acceptable to badge it as StarWars and pay the StarWars tax. It's how Lego is justifying the high prices for things like the Sith infiltrator mumble. I am sure it's possible for me to write a StarWars novel which features the Death Star 3 as a huge grey cube of death, pay the required license fee to Lucas Inc, and then somestage later Lego will release a 20x20 stud cube of grey blocks for the low-low price of $99.95 USD (higher in Australia, of course). The fact it's become such a cash-cow cheapens it somewhat for me; or, perhaps, I think the mess that's been done to the prequel has ruined the magic of the OT. For me, at least.

I did read some of the books, but they sufficiently annoyed me so I stopped. For example, Luke has an apprentice in one of his books and he says to him, "you can go into this cave. Look, it's full of the Dark Side and you can choose to take your weapons if you want, but it's up to you!" and the guy thinks "well, i better take them just in case.. better be safe than sorry!" and it came across as really poorly written. Luke takes his weapons on Dagobah because he's /afraid/; it's his FEAR that he takes with him into the cave, not his weapons, that matters. The weapons are just a clue to us, the audience, and it was really clumsily played in the book where the writer is able to tell us what characters are feeling. To my mind, it falls under the umbrella of out-sourcing the mythology just to rebadge some sci-fi ideas into a marketing ploy.

Anyway, that's beside the point :) /Some/ of the ships in the PT and expanded universe do look cool, but most of them do not. IMO, of course.

cheers

John

y-e-s... but then it seems like anyone can invent something sci-fi, pay the license fee to Lucas, and suddenly it becomes acceptable to badge it as StarWars and pay the StarWars tax.

Fortunatly, no.

Everything goes through the Lucas studio's the be approved, if it isn't canon ot doesn't fit it won't be published.

Read, play and watch everything Star Wars, and almost everything fits, it's one big galaxy, one cannot write a story about a ressurected Exar Kun without Lucas aproval, heck, the original Exar Kun needed Lucas's aproval.

It's true that a lot of writers publish Star Wars books, but they never contradict eachotherm Luke can't die in one book and live in the next.

Everything goes through a reaaaalllyy long progress of checking, rechecking and checking again to see if every little thing is right.

So no, not everyone can just invent something and pay lucas and its Star Wars.

Fortunatly, no.

Everything goes through the Lucas studio's the be approved, if it isn't canon ot doesn't fit it won't be published.

I am sure it's "approved" by Lucas Inc, and by definition it becomes canon once it's approved. But the same people who give their seal of approval to any number of starwars related inventions are also the ones who approved midichlorians, obiwan meeting anakin when he was a boy (yet, is "already a great pilot"), c3po being built by anakin, &c... So, if they'll approve that, then they approve all manner of sillyness. Three winged Tie Fighters? <rubberstamp> An Elcipse-classed SSD that is designed to ram ships? (Because that's... sensible...?!) <rubberstamp> Yoda: "the last of the jedi you will be." random other writers in books: "hey, wait a second... oh, and btw, jedi powers are from a parasite...". :) &c. It's a pity, but polluting the universe pretty much ruins a lot of things for me by association. But I guess I'm just weird like that :hmpf_bad:

IMHO, Star Wars jumped the shark coincidentally after ROTJ and before all these other crazy Super Star Destroyer classed ships were invented :) But each to their own, and if people enjoy expanded universe, then good luck to them. =)

Something that I have been wondering about:

Why haven't we heard any Clones (in TCW) say "Look Sir, Droids."? It's a rather famous line, and when they (the Clones) are fighting Droids, there would be an occasion to say it.