Oky

Star Wars

I'll be seeing it in a brand new theater. Not IMAX, but it's only been open for about 2 weeks.

...and it serves booze and food to your seats before the show starts. :grin:

Any chance of a spare seat perhaps?!

I'm going to see it on Thursday!!! And they just finished building an IMAX in my town so as you can imagine, I am extremely excited to see it. I have not seen a Star Wars movie in theaters in my life (ROS came out when I was 7 or 8) so this a new experience extremely anticipated for me!

Seeing it on the 23rd in a new theater with reclining leather seats. :wub:

Until then I'll be avoiding every Star Wars related thread here like the plague.

That's a sound strategy, I'm considering something like that but I fear I'd have to lock myself indoors and pull the tv- and internet-plug. Fortunately, the few other people at my workplace don't care about Star Wars. But I'm sure other people will have more trouble at school or work...

That's a sound strategy, I'm considering something like that but I fear I'd have to lock myself indoors and pull the tv- and internet-plug. Fortunately, the few other people at my workplace don't care about Star Wars. But I'm sure other people will have more trouble at school or work...

Sometimes that doesn't help. A couple of my friends who didn't care about Jurassic World spoiled it for me because they assumed that no one cared.

Sometimes that doesn't help. A couple of my friends who didn't care about Jurassic World spoiled it for me because they assumed that no one cared.

And those same friends plan on watching The force Awakens, which they also don't care about. So I hope I get to a theater before they do.

Right, better get going, movie starts in 30 minutes! :grin:

Edit:

Back from the cinema. Won't spoil anything, just say that i liked the movie!

As a frame of reference, I love the OT / dislike the PT.

Edited by LegoFjotten

I have to say I won't see the movie till it's out on DVD. So I'm gonna try not killing myself with spoilers. So far it sounds the movie is great So I suppose no one important dies as rumors claim.

Now that some of you have started seeing the movie, shall we not come back to this thread until after we've seen the movie? :classic:

I swear I'll go in front of the waiting line for the Star Wars movie and yell it.

You know what part....

Just like this:

Edited by Robert8

I saw the movie yesterday - it was very good! I'm going to see it at least one more time, though it's gotta be screened and thus projected in 2D.

I went to a 3D showing and bought 2D glasses to avoid the 3D, and I must say those glasses aren't too great, so from now on I know I must go to screenings that are actually projected in 2D.

It was a bit distracting, and the theater was too packed with people who felt the need to talk or make frequent remarks throughout the movie, so I know my second viewing will be better - but regardless of that whole 3D to 2D thing,

I could still enjoy it and I loved this film. It's a bit hard to realize that I've seen it after all these years of waiting... needs some processing, but it was great.

As someone who usually goes to 2D screenings and saw TFA in 3D I must say this is the best 3D I've seen at a regular cinema to date.

Usually whenever I see a 3D movie I fret about subtitles at a depth that is very tiring for the eyes, scenes that fall together because they try to throw too much at you (breaking the illusion), as well as scenes where everything looks like miniatures. I had perfect seats which might have helped, but I'm actually considering seeing it in 3D the second time around - never though that would happen.

Watched Force Awakens today, it was ... interesting. Not going to say much due to spoilers etc, etc but I feel like it re-treaded *too* much ... The pacing seemed a bit too fast aswell and a lot more story could've been told then the retreading there was instead ...

What does everyone else think about the parts I've gone over?

*packed with people who felt the need to talk or make frequent remarks throughout the movie*

My first viewing was like that too :cry_sad: , I was sitting near a group who had to say the name of a character every time they appeared :sceptic: I understand being excited about seeing a character, but every single time gets pretty annoying

Edited by WarSquirrel

TFA was quite disappointing for me. Recycled storylines, forced pacing, tried too hard to be nostalgic, unconvincing acting, annoying lensflares, boring lightsaber duels. Overall meh. I guess my misatake was I expected too much and got overhyped for this movie.

TFA was quite disappointing for me. Recycled storylines, forced pacing, tried too hard to be nostalgic, unconvincing acting, annoying lensflares, boring lightsaber duels. Overall meh. I guess my misatake was I expected too much and got overhyped for this movie.

Well ain't ya just a bucket a rainbows?

TFA was quite disappointing for me. Recycled storylines, forced pacing, tried too hard to be nostalgic, unconvincing acting, annoying lensflares, boring lightsaber duels. Overall meh. I guess my mistake was I expected too much and got overhyped for this movie.

Yeesh, that's unfortunate. I'm seeing it tonight. I'm sure it's great. :classic:

I swear I'll go in front of the waiting line for the Star Wars movie and yell it.

You know what part....

Just like this:

The first picture that you posted, did it really happen?

Just came back from seeing A New Hope... or was it The Force Awakens?

Edited by Zilcho

My parents were the kind who were always counter-cultural, so I grew up training to read stuff while not noticing the more risque elements in popular books and movies. So I have no trouble at all reading spoilery articles about TFA without being spoiled at all.

I did read one slightly spoilery article though. It confirmed that there is something about Kylo Ren that's a spoiler so big, it won't spoil it. :tongue: