Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

*Finished* - The Pillaging of Neptune's Noggin Lagoon

This looks really good. I can't wait to see better pictures of your ship.

This might seem like a dumb question but I am new to this and was wondering how do you change the name and description of what you post in this forum? :imperialguard_commander1:

This looks really good. I can't wait to see better pictures of your ship.

This might seem like a dumb question but I am new to this and was wondering how do you change the name and description of what you post in this forum? :imperialguard_commander1:

Only a moderator can change the name of a thread. :pir-classic:

A little patience goes a long way. I use technic half-pins.

My excuses SirNadroj, I had absolutely not the intention to be impolit...

But I had often wondered myself how this works and this was my chance to ask it...

Personal, I didn't find a direct solution (just building moc's for one year)... once again sorry Jordan

Grtz & sorry,

kurt

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Well, it's pretty much finished. Just a few last minute details, plus I'm waiting on my 09' sets to arrive, to stick a couple of those minifigs and new elements in.

Here's a teaser while ye wait:

portfinishedteaser.jpg

:jollyroger:

My excuses SirNadroj, I had absolutely not the intention to be impolit...

But I had often wondered myself how this works and this was my chance to ask it...

Personal, I didn't find a direct solution (just building moc's for one year)... once again sorry Jordan

Grtz & sorry,

kurt

No worries. :pir-classic:

Well another awesome work SirNadroj, so far it looks AMAIZING :thumbup::thumbup: . This entry looks pretty big and well your works are always awesome. I am really looking foward to the final result :pir-oh3: .

Thanks again.

I built this quickly because I thought it could use a splash of privateering.

privateer.jpg

I'll try and stick her in somewhere.

Great so far, but the pistol in the 2nd to last picture looks like some sort of proctology instrument.

Edited by Norrington

nice little boat^^ I think he's not going to hurt someone with this shot XD I'm very impatient to see your final entry ^^

To quote Daniel Plainview... "I'm finished!"

Quoted from the edited first post:

"(To start, a huge thanks to those of you who provided input and advice. Also, thanks to Legohaulic for inspiration on the name!)

After a couple of months, bricklink orders and a lot of building, The Pillaging of Neptune's Noggin Lagoon is finally complete! It is my largest MOC to date.

If you want the inside scoop on this MOC, shots of details not included in the pictures, or if you want to see me in a very goofy hat, check out the latest edition of the revolutionary LAMLtv, where this MOC is featured! http://radio.laml.org/pillaging-of-neptunes-noggin-lagoon/

Neptune's Noggin Lagoon is a generally peaceful seaside village and port. The townsfolk live simple lives. But sailing swiftly into the harbor is a fierce pirate ship, bringing with it a hoard of roudy pirates, ready to spill some blood, ransack, and pillage. Armed with what they could find, the villagers retaliate with swords, pitchforks and carpet beaters. Running through the mossy cobble-stone streets, chaos breaks out as the clinking of swords and agonizing screams are all that can be heard. On the other side of the harbor, adjacent to Neptune's Noggin Rock (named due to its likeness to the god of the sea), the Governor looks on in horror and confusion: "What to do now?!". Who will be victorious in this epic battle of good and evil? I have my money on the pirate crew. But that is up to you to decide!

1-125.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

3-102.jpg

5-73.jpg

16-5.jpg

The entire set of pictures can be found on MOCpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/81275

Thank ye as always."

*Looks at SirNadroj's entry, then looks at her own unfinished entry lying on the floor, and starts weeping*

I have to say it's quite unfair that you participate in this competition, and I suggest you get disqualified from it for being too awesome. :tongue:

Honestly, with all these great entries in the contest, I have no chance in hell! And I've been building like crazy for days in order to finish my entry in time. I can only hope my idea is good enough to surpass these divine MOCs... But on the other hand that Neptune's Noggin is so sweet it deserves to win! What a bore! :pir-cry_sad:

I have to say it's quite unfair that you participate in this competition, and I suggest you get disqualified from it for being too awesome.

I totally agree!

here goes my chances of winning something ^^ with my poor entry that everyone forgot, lost in the depth of this subforum, because I finished it too early ( well, in the original delay ^^ )

well, seriously, Sirnadroj, this is, as usual, a wonderful moc ^^ you sure have a lot of ice cream ! and jumper ^^

what I love on it :

everything is really well built, really beautiful , this boat is .. is ..a masterpiece, this skull rocks is wonderful! the reversed pistol the little angry guy is holding with the tube to extend it is really cool too^^

what I don't really understand :

what are the round part on the floor supposed to be ? round "pads" ? quite strange

what I don't like :

well..nothing? maybe you need a little more "cruelty" on it , not more violence, there is enough^^ but more cruelty !

PS : can we please have a better shot of the little cave ?

Edited by Guss

This is so magnificient! There really is barely anything to improve with this entry... and again I spot some new guards... :thumbup:

The only thing I would add are even more Pirates, so it looks like they are really flooding the 'village'! That's all I can think of for now.

Fantastic! :pir_laugh2:

There's really nothing else to say. :pir-tongue: So much action, great details, lovely SNOT, one thing that stands out to me is your gigantic amout of brown tiles, I assume you got most from Bricklink?

Wonderful work!

Looks fantastic! Makes it hard to get my entry to measure up :pir_bawling:

The only shame for such a wondrous entry is the sheer size of it, due to the sizing of photos on the screen not really doing it justice.

Good luck, though with a creation like this im sure you wont need any. :pir-tongue:

Wow, what an incredibly awesome creation. Of course, it's what we should expect from such a master builder. With heavy details everywhere. It's hard to explain each and everything, so I'm just going to be general :pir-laugh:

The fort has to be my favorite though!

Your promo video is also great. Is that the bicorn you showed us long ago?

The music for that is really good, is it possible to get a copy of it? I love it. Props to the maker!

Thanks very much for the kind words!! :pir-cry_happy:

what I don't really understand :

what are the round part on the floor supposed to be ? round "pads" ? quite strange

PS : can we please have a better shot of the little cave ?

Mossy cobblestone. :pir-wink:

I think I've got a good shot of the hidden caves in the LAMLtv issue.

Fantastic! :pir_laugh2:

There's really nothing else to say. :pir-tongue: So much action, great details, lovely SNOT, one thing that stands out to me is your gigantic amout of brown tiles, I assume you got most from Bricklink?

Wonderful work!

Thanks!

I think I got them from a PaB, but I did have to place a few orders to get this done.

Wow, what an incredibly awesome creation. Of course, it's what we should expect from such a master builder. With heavy details everywhere. It's hard to explain each and everything, so I'm just going to be general :pir-laugh:

The fort has to be my favorite though!

Your promo video is also great. Is that the bicorn you showed us long ago?

The music for that is really good, is it possible to get a copy of it? I love it. Props to the maker!

Thanks!

Yup, the very same bicorne. I believe it is a Kinghts of Columbus bicorne, but it is very old I think (and the sash), and is very similar to pirate bicornes.

The music was composed and performed by my oldest brother Ben: http://benschwartz.net/

I believe he may have some CDs featuring that track titled "Bridge to Nowhere" among others somewhere, but I can't say for sure. His contact info is on his website, so you can drop him an email and I'm sure he'll get back to you. (Just say you're from Eurobricks, he'll know. :pir-wink: )

From Bad to good this MOC is awesome! :pir-laugh: It's really really great. So many details. unfortunatly they it's difficult to catch the all in one single pics for judgement. especially when the MOC is this size.

So where shall I start in this wonder of a MOC.

The cannonsmoke is nice. Makes a good actioneffect.

The tower is so nice. I really like it. So detailed and well choosen colourscheme.

When the contest is over I think you shoudl give us an presentation of the ship. it looks nice.

The head-shaped cliff if brilliant. Nice idea!

Well.. to be honest I think I'm gonna stop here. I could go on forever about this MOC. It's packed with details and I cannot think anything bad to say about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck with the contest

Opinion

Wow, SirNadroj, this is an amazing MOC! There is so much detail, fighting and pillaging. Neptune’s rock formation looks really real. I really like the pirate ship a lot. It kind of reminds me of the Black Seas Barracuda in a way. How you made the houses so smooth and neat looks really nice. Also, I like how you have each cannon firing a cannonball with a trail of smoke following it. I really like the red, yellow and white tower because it sticks out so much in your MOC and it looks like it is the most important part. The pattern you used for the tiles on the ground is magnificent! I can keep going and going about how much detail you used in your MOC.

Possible Improvements

1) All I have to suggest is that you put some pirates or a monkey on the deck of the pirate ship because the deck looks empty to me.

Overall- SirNadroj, I think you have done a very terrific job on creating your MOC. You have used a lot of detail in your MOC. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has noticed the two 'naked' minifigs getting hot n' heavy!

:pir-laugh:

I noticed that two. But I dont think it is worth it now to take them out and re-take all of the pictures.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has noticed the two 'naked' minifigs getting hot n' heavy!

:pir-laugh:

Of course :pir_laugh2:

As for teh video: I don't know Jordan... maybe lose the hat. :pir-blush:

Amazing work, as usual, SirNadroj! :pir-sweet: This one is absolutely stunning, it's a shame you can only show 6 pictures in your post. I really like cannons firing as well as the Neptune rock and cobblestone street.

Things that could be improved:

Not really anything, but maybe blood would be cruel...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks again for your input!

I noticed that too. But I dont think it is worth it now to take them out and re-take all of the pictures.

Why would I want to take them out; I put them there on purpose. :pir-tongue:

As for teh video: I don't know Jordan... maybe lose the hat. :pir-blush:

I don't walk around in public with that old feather-duster on! :pir-tongue: I think it captures the feel of the video. :pir-wink: