Name: Jango Fett’s Slave 1

Theme: Star Wars

Year: 2002

Pieces: 358

Minifigs: Jango Fett, Boba Fett

Price: $50 USD

£49.99 GBP

£62 EUROS

Welcome everyone to my first review on lego set 7153, Jango Fett's Slave 1. One thing to say, "There is no place you can hide, Jango will find you".

The Box

box.jpg

Ah, the box of the legendary Jango Fett. I think this is a very well made cover picture for the box. You can see most of the functions that the slave ship can do. Like switching the angles of the guns and pulling out those missiles on both sides, but I will explain more later.

Front View

front.jpg

In this picture, you see the true colors of the slave ship, blue, green and black, which resembles Jango Fett of his colors. You also see Young Boba, which I will go into later and you see Jango operating the ship. You also see the basic shape and outline of whath the ship look like.

Back View

back.jpg

There is a thuster in the back to help the ship stay in the air. The missles come out from each side, but you can see them if you look into the ship. They are black cones. Another interesting thing is that you can see that there is a trunk.

The Trunk/ Bomb Storage

bomb_storage.jpg

As I was saying before, you could see a little area that you can open up and put things in. Well the things are bombs and the trunks is a bomb storage. All the bombs are is a neon orange lego head. You can fit three in there. To release to bombs, all you have to do is lift on the farthest gray part sticking out on the bottom.

Birds eye view

birds_eye_view.jpg

This is how you would look at the slave ship landed on the ground if you were a bird flying in the air. You can see all of the ship, but it is not in flying mode. In the back part you see there are guns that can rotate, the wings, cockpit and where the engine is.

Cockpit

cockpit.jpg

Yes, here you can see the control panels on how the ship is operated. I sure would not like to be the one driving this ship.

Left side

left_side_1.jpg

You can see here the left side of the ship from Boba Fett's prospective from inside the ship where he is standing. You can see the wing struture and how it is connected. Again you can see some more blue, green and gray towards the back. One thing that you could not see from the Front Veiw or Birds eye veiw was that there are two turrets on the back.

Right side

right_side.jpg

From the same prospective of Boba in the ship. Nothing much has really change on the right side. Mostly the same as the left side.

Storage Box

storage_box.jpg

There is a little box with a gray door on it and also there is another one on the other side as well. Inside it is Jango Fett's dual pistols and in the other box is Jango Fett's hair. Not really sure why it was included, but oh well.

Engine

engine.jpg

Here you can see the engine that operates the ship and two red and grey missiles inside next to the engine.

The Wing

wing.jpg

You can see the entire wing is tan on both sides of the ship with two little yellow pieces on top. There is one piece that I thought was cool that LEGO used in this set which was the a bionicle piece that you put on the foot to kick harder.

Flying/ Hyper Speed mode

birds_eye_view.jpg

In this picture, you see Jango flying the ship with all of the guns and missile launchers out ready to battle. You can also see Jango is fierce and determined to get his target with ease.

The Bottom

bottom_1.jpg

Here you can see the bottom of the ship standing up. You can see seven neon orange thrusters in the back and one giant gray one that help it go even faster. In the middle of the seven neon orange thrusters, you can see a light gray square. I will tell you what that is in the next picture.

Storage Container

storage_container.jpg

This is what I was talking about before. The little light gray square on the bottom, this is it, a storage container. You can fit as small as a lego brick to as big as a lego minifig in there. The container is connected by a magnet, one on the box and one is the ship.

Jango Fett and mini Boba Fett

jango_and_boba.jpg

In this picture, you can see young Boba and what he looked like before he turned into Boba Fett, the Bounty Hunter. Next to Boba, there is Jango without the helmet and he is wearing that hair which is stored in the little box next to the guns. And you can turn Jango's head around so he has a face.

Jango Fett

jango_fett.jpg

Here I turned his head around to the black side so he could put on his helmet. In each had, he is holding a pistol.

Jango and Boba Fett Reunite

jango_and_boba_reunite.jpg

This picture shows Boba Fett all grown up next to his father, Jango Fett. Here you also see Jango's Slave 1 and Boba's Slave 1. In this picture, you are looking at the original Boba Fett Slave 1, not the newer one. They are getting ready to go on a hunt together.

Thats it for the review. Hope you have enjoyed it, I worked really hard on it.

FINAL VERDICT:

Build: 9/10 I thought it was a very good set to build. It took around 45 minutes to assemble together.

Playability: 8/10 It is fun to fly it around and use the different functions

Design: 8/10 There are a few pieces that are delicate and that would fall off if you grabbed that part

Minifigs: 10/10 Amazing, Jango Fett, one of the rarest minifigs of all and just to make it better, mini Boba Fett

Price: 9/10 The price was good for the set

Overall score: 9/10 I thought this was a great set to play with, price was right and the minifigs was just amazing and this is a must-have set for any Star Wars Lego Collector.

LegoKing

Personally, I did not like this set. The build was difficult, the figures were just ok, and it never stayed together.

Personally, I did not like this set. The build was difficult, the figures were just ok, and it never stayed together.

Come on SWMAN, this is one of the greatist and rarest sets ever! Jango Fett is worth of $50 USD and the set does stay together well.

Great review, especially since it's your first! The picture could be a little bit clearer and the angles could've explained what you're talking about a little bit better, though!

I'll never get this set, I didn't get it when I had the chance and it costs too much too be worth it.

I always haven't liked the new clone trooper helmet for showing the skin underneath. Since, once I've got the time, I want to get into minifig customization it would be a great way to improve the figure by adding a (custom) flesh Jango face underneath, allowing it to not have the small ring of skin aroung the neck!

Engine

engine.jpg

Here you can see the engine that operates the ship and two red and grey missiles inside next to the engine.

*snip*

Storage Container

storage_container.jpg

This is what I was talking about before. The little light gray square on the bottom, this is it, a storage container. You can fit as small as a lego brick to as big as a lego minifig in there. The container is connected by a magnet, one on the box and one is the ship.

What piece is that engine? It looks great and I've never seen it before. Is it the top of a Pirates treasure chest?

That storage container looks great, too! The view in the picture is a too vertical for my taste though, it's a little bit hard to see!

Personally I like hard builds, I think it's fun to be challenged! I think the figures are great too. Unfortunetly other people agree with me. The prices on eBay and bricklink are wayyyy :oh: up there! I'm not going to spend 50 dollars on a Jango when I can buy an entire army of knights! :tongue:

P.S. Are the two curved pieces in the cockpit printed or stickered?

I'm not a SW guy like some of you, but if I was one, then this set would certainly be in my collection. The playability factor seems to be very high.

Very nice review LegoKing!

I originally saw it when it first came out. I though it was expensive for its size. But you showed me its a lot bigger then I thought.

Thats beuatiful sadly I olny have boba fetts so it dosen't have as many cool features.

If i saw one of those cheep I'd buy it.

I really disliked that set. I only got it because I found it on a heavy clearance and had I known at the time, I'd have taken all of the available ones to sell them on ebay around now. They were something like 75% off, and now just the Jango Fett minifig is worth more than the entire set was full price...

But I found it rather badly designed, way out of proportion comparde to its movie counterpart and full of holes. The last version of Boba Fett's Slave 1 was a really big improvement. (But granted, this one was an equally big improvement next to the first one).

But it still needs a lot of modifications to look good next to Boba's last version.

Edited by yellost

I am not much of a Slave1 fan and this one came out when I was getting tired of them.

Luckily we didn't get another Boba Fett to add to the other 15 sitting on the shelf back home.

This time we got Jango and that's ok.

Average from me.

Indexed

I got the original slave one with bobba fett. This newer one looks much better and more in scale. While I am not a great fan of the spaceship design in general, I think this set is great. I really wish I could get the fig too.

I got the original slave one with bobba fett. This newer one looks much better and more in scale. While I am not a great fan of the spaceship design in general, I think this set is great. I really wish I could get the fig too.

The original?

Which do you mean:

6209-1.jpg

7144-1.jpg

Great Review, I wish I could have bought this set when it was out, especially for the Jango fig.

Only one thing however, where's the pic of Jango whacking his head on the door frame? :tongue:

What piece is that engine? It looks great and I've never seen it before. Is it the top of a Pirates treasure chest?

P.S. Are the two curved pieces in the cockpit printed or stickered?

The engine piece is just a solid trans blue half cylinder, i got one in this set and another from the old republic gunship, the two pieces in the cockpit are printed :sweet:

This has to have been one of my favourite sets in the star wars line, i thought it was good for the money, good minifig's and even greater playability.