Sign in to follow this  
Norrington

HMS Victory!

Hm, with the 3 levels of cannons and yellow/black color scheme, it looks like the Endeavour from POTC3. Great detail and size! :thumbup:

Hm, with the 3 levels of cannons and yellow/black color scheme, it looks like the Endeavour from POTC3. Great detail and size! :thumbup:

Hmm... Based on that comment, you've never heard of the HMS Victory, the flagship of Lord Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar and last remaining ship of the line in existence?

Here's the real thing:

victory1.jpg

This is a very good attempt at creating a minifig-scale HMS Victory.

The tumblehome effect worked out better than I would have imagined using that technique.

The rigging is superb and the builder gave me a copule of ideas on how to do the rigging on my own ship.

I will also be borrowing this guy's technique for the catheads because they're just perfect. :pir-sweet:

I'm also impressed with the way he built his stern. There are some great techniques hidden in there as well.

Some other things I would have done otherwise though.

Such as the lifeboats which I would have done like this:

e.jpg

A design Captain Greenhair and myself conjured up during my trip to Amsterdam this summer.

Also I think his bowsprit is way too long. If the creator were to cut of the top part it would have the exact length IMO.

And last but not least I would like to have seen black gunportlids instead of those yellow ones.

but those are just my thoughts though :pir-tongue:

Anyway, it's a great creation overall and I admire the builder for building it.

If my ship works out as good as his (especially the rigging part) than I will be a very happy man :pir-grin:

Errorist

Edited by Errorist

That's one big MOC here... :pir-classic: This guy must've spent quite some time on this... However those giant pictures are really annoying. They distract me from properly contemplating this marvellous MOC.

Dear Norrington,

nice find! Very interesting to see a minifig-scale HMS victory in a totaly different technique than I thought of. :pir_laugh2:

I like the masts and how he did the rigging.

I'm not sure about the bow prit. althoug it was extremely long on the HMS, I'm not sure if it was that long. :pir-classic:

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thats a really cool ship!I love the detail and the flags!I would agree with Errorist that a life boat well be great!After all,what is a ship without its lifeboats! :pir_laugh2: But er,an improvement would be to resize those pics because it took me a very long time to load the pictures.

img_0278.jpg
victory1.jpg

The bowsprit looks pretty accurate. Doesn't mean I like it, though. I always thought that tallships looked too front-heavy with such long bowsprits.

3 levels of cannons, woowiee ! One for the index.

I love the lifeboats too.

A design Captain Greenhair and myself conjured up during my trip to Amsterdam this summer.

I knew Captain Greenhair was involved in this !

The ship looks fabulous ! I am feeling jealous...

I want to steal it, but I am afraid it's too large to fit in my car. :pir_bawling:

Edited by zorro3999

What does Greenie have to do with this? :pir_wacko:

It's impressive, to be sure. I think that the stern could look better. However, it's still great. Those blue lattices must have cost a fortune. The tumble home also bothers me, for some reason.

It's impressive, to be sure. I think that the stern could look better. However, it's still great. Those blue lattices must have cost a fortune. The tumble home also bothers me, for some reason.

Sorry,

I forgot to paste some lines about the lifeboat and I was still editing when you posted. (got 3 times board flood control as well :pir-sing: )

In a nutshell: I actually meant he's doing a great job with his ship-MOCs lately.

Edited by zorro3999

Wow! Good luck beating this Teddy, but you have made a good start. I do hope the builder of this joins EB, because I really want to congratulate them! Great find!

Wow! Good luck beating this Teddy, but you have made a good start. I do hope the builder of this joins EB, because I really want to congratulate them! Great find!

Dear Captain Zuloo,

don't worry I'll beat him! :jollyroger:

No but serious, I love this effort and I think he did a great job.

For me this is a source of inspiration. :pir-classic:

I have been experimenting with another hull technique, so I think it is nice to be able to

comapre the two.

Kind regards,

Teddy

scale down those images stat.

I've down scaled all of the pics for Mr. Norrington. :pir-hmpf_bad:

800x600 should be about the largest pics posted, not 3700x2800.

While I was searching on the internet after some nice ship´s I encountered a really

good-looking on Youtube (

). There are several nice ship´s, but the one I´m

wondering about is the one you can see between 4:16 - 4:19. Does anybody know

the name of the ship, the name of the creator and if there are other images of the

ship? I´ve tried my best to find out more about it, but I haven´t found anything.

So therefor I now turn to you, the rest of the pirate community, in hope that you

know more about this MOC. Would love to know more about it.

Thanks in advance! :pir-classic:

Best Regards//

Admiral Red-Hair