Rate the quality of my article  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Feel free to follwoup with comments/suggestions as well

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Stinks

I've been doing garage sale circuit for about three weeks now, four tomorrow. WHat I've been finding is, alot of people have lego...just most are keeping them :> I always ask but usually get, "Were keeping it for the grandkids, or they are so expensive we want to keep them." heh. Did get one, "Well we have them, but in boxes, but if I sell them I will call you." and took my number. Best I've gotten so far was from a donation store a 2 dollar blacktron pod that sells on bricklink/ebay for about 8 so a little deal heh.

I have been using the OP's methods for a few years and have been lucky enough to find some great deals. The best deals I have found are on Facebook shop and swap type groups. It's going to sound bad, but some lady selling off her son's Lego collection is the best way for me to find good deals. Recently I got the whole rock raiders line, one of the Indiana Jones sets, a few starwars sets, about half of the Atlantis line, most of the Ninja turtles line, and a few other sets along with a classic yellow Lego storage container full of minifigures and accessories and about 20lb of loose Lego all for $100.00 CAD. The second hand stores and antique stores near me usually also have small bags of Lego for decent prices, maybe 5lb for $10.00 CAD. It's really all about making the rounds and checking local online classifieds, Kijiji, and Facebook groups regularly. I did have one bad purchase recently though. I bought a bin of Lego about 25lb for $200.00 CAD and I didn't notice the problems with it when I was buying it, but once I got it home there were teeth marks in probably half of the Lego. And one of the minifigures legs looked like it was used as a piece of gum there were so many chew marks in it (and in sand green!). Maybe the kid thought it was mint gum (haha). But one bad score out of probably 30 or more isn't so bad.

Edited by Bricks_bc
spelling error

Bought off eBay, 2kg for 99p 1st bid (+£5 p&p), just bid for 1 mare at same price, 1kg6, they saying 'some bricks old', 57 blue rails mix £4-40, 2×6 grey plate 8p each. Classic set £7 inc. p&p, no instructions, separater, box.

There was 2×2 25 for £1-99, & 2×3 for £2-99 with 10% off a 2nd batch, gone up now, thinking that was the only sensible Lego on eBay, just under 2p per stud, but then 2×4 = 18p & not 16p. 2×2's & 2×4's up by £1(4p each), but 2×3's only up by 50p, so 100 with 20% off = less each than old price with like 5% off.

Lowest price choice on eBay gives for 1 or 2 bricks, add 25, 50, 100 or kg to search helps find sensible price. Search by weight, 1kg = about 700 bricks (lb 317.5)

Not found any Lego in charity shops now, & no longer compatible with in The Works, waiting for car boot sale Easter Monday.

Thought I'd found a bargain, 2×6 5 for 99p, & 20% off in £10+, but = price of 1 sample, really £2-99.

Edited by AndrewH7
Update of prices, where not found. another bid for