Derek

City '09?

Are you kidding? The impulse set is really neat, we haven't got something like that since years. Ans the power miners look incredible, much better than rock raiders. But that doesn't belong here.

Here is your Chicken seller!

Edit by Hinckley: Pic removed

Thank you very much for the pic of the Chicken Seller, Navy Tropper Fenson! :sweet:

This Impulse set looks :wub: ! It's a pity that this vendor doesn't include wheels - but otherwise it's an awesome addition to our Lego Cities. It reminds me a bit of the popcorn stand in the Main Street set. :thumbup:

It's really a pity that - from what we know until now - there will be only very few City Impulse sets. :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

That Chicken seller looks alright but the "power miner" set is ugly.

They're so tasty he ran out, no i was thinking the same thing but i like the minfig.

Power Miners is a completely different theme. It has nothing to do with the City theme.

But I really agree with you: These Power Miners sets look really :sick: . In my opinion they are totally needless because we've got already Agents and Bionicle (which both are :sick: , too) - so no need for another :sick: theme. But kids seem to like these themes - so it's ok because everybody should buy and play with which she or he wants to.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That Impulse set is great! (and better than all of 2008 city Impulse sets?)

PIn my opinion they are totally needless because we've got already Agents and Bionicle (which both are :sick: , too) - so no need for another :sick: theme. But kids seem to like these themes - so it's ok because everybody should buy and play with which she or he wants to.

Klaus-Dieter

I personally love the Agents sets. They are fun, but they also have great pieces for MOCing. :wub:

Back on topic, the chicken seller looks great to me. The ketchup and mustard bottles are a nice touch. :thumbup: Shame it doesn't come with more food though...

Edited by Erdbeereis1

i've have been away for a while, and i just saw the new pics, and they look nice! they listend to us for the farm theme i guess.

(PS: sorry for the hiatus!)

Since it was mentioned that trains will be a completely seperated theme in 2009:

Do you think that we'll get trains from different times (meaning perhaps a steam engine and/or a Western train)?

Do you think that we'll get additional stuff like buildings (e. g. an engine shed, a depot, a cargo loading station, a big station, ...), vehicles and accessories (e. g. additional train lights, Impulse sets, ...), too?

Klaus-Dieter

Since Trains is heavily dependant on the trains themselves to function as a theme, I think TLC will thread carefully. Apparently one of the first new trains to be released will be aimed towards AFOLs, i.e. brick-heavy design and advanced building techniques. That means it's a successor of sorts to the Hobby Train Set (which main model was a vintage crocodile locomotive), and that it can be anything, really.

I severely doubt we'll be seeing a massive amount of train-themed sets. I suspect that initally we'll have the aforementioned AFOL set, plus two starter sets aimed at retail shops (likely to be City-based). And then later on a train station, maybe a cross-over track (similar to the 9V one) and maybe even a railway-crossing.

I've heard that thanks to the new system, there are much more possibilitys for electric accesoires. So we may see working train lights, automatich switch track's. Seeing that the rails themselves will still be plastic, TLC is thinking about making more different kinds of tracks.

This information was given by an ambassador at LowLUG.

Dr. Brick

Does anyone else think that the Chicken Seller would be more suited to selling hotdogs then chicken? :laugh:.

Since Trains is heavily dependant on the trains themselves to function as a theme, I think TLC will thread carefully. Apparently one of the first new trains to be released will be aimed towards AFOLs, i.e. brick-heavy design and advanced building techniques. That means it's a successor of sorts to the Hobby Train Set (which main model was a vintage crocodile locomotive), and that it can be anything, really.

I severely doubt we'll be seeing a massive amount of train-themed sets. I suspect that initally we'll have the aforementioned AFOL set, plus two starter sets aimed at retail shops (likely to be City-based). And then later on a train station, maybe a cross-over track (similar to the 9V one) and maybe even a railway-crossing.

So you think that we'll get again some sort of Creator train set for AFOLs (with all the needed bricks and elements, motor, lights, ... of course) and not an exceptional large train set with elements which AFOLs like really much (like e. g. a huge amount of minifigs, very lovely design and details, ...)? - That would be really :cry_sad: .

Klaus-Dieter

That does look like a cool set. Sort of an introduction to modular building. First, this. Next Cafe Corner style buildings! :grin:

Thanks legomilk. :thumbup:

~Peace

That picture above, reminded me of 6390 Main Street in modern CITY theme.

This is a review done by Brickster. :wub:

6390-1.jpg

Thank you very much for that clear pic, legomilk! :sweet:

This big construction set is really nice. The elevator in the background looks funny.

Do you think that - like in the excellent Main Street set - there will be an interior for the house be included in that set, too? (I personally don't hope so since I won't have any money to spend on this set since my money will go to the harvester, the tractor and the farm.)

Klaus-Dieter

I really want that crane. The 2005 mobile crane was way too oversized. This one is nice. :classic: