Derek

City '09?

Thank you very much for the pics, links and the information, TheCobra! :classic:

Someone does already show some pictures of the contents of the Pirates Advent Calendar on BS - so I suppose that it won't take long til we'll get a review or at least pics of all contents of the City Advent Calendar, too.

Isn't the price even more than last year's advent calendar?! :sadnew: But on the other hand it includes seven great minifigures and one police man and perhaps some nice accesory. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Isn't the price even more than last year's advent calendar?! :sadnew:

Yes it is. 2008 price (for Italy and most of Europe) was 17 Euros, now 20.

I read it and I now think that the 2009's is the worst Advent Calendar since they have been including figures.

Edit: just to remember how the previous AC looked like:

2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008

SPOILER!!!

Already a review of the 2009 City Advent Calendar on BS by rogueyoda! :cry_happy:

Thank you very much for this link, BlueBard! :classic:

I read it and I now think that the 2009's is the worst Advent Calendar since they have been including figures.

Do you mean that seriously, The Cobra?!

Imo the 2009 advent calendar is one of the best advent calendars ever! :thumbup:

Only the public worker with his car doesn't look that good, the street light looks a bit awry and too thin, the police man with the barrier is useless, the snowman looks as if someone ran a brush into him since he or she didn't like him anymore, the Christmas tree should include more yellow globes as decoration and a female minifis is missing.

But otherwise it's great: you get a mailman with bag and quadbike, a waiter, a boy with nice RC cars, two ice skaters, a lumberjack with great accessory, a Santa Claus with a lovely chimney and a gift, two small market stands, a traffic light and an awesome designed fountain.

I even like that it is more winter orientated.

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for this link, BlueBard! :classic:

You're welcome! :wink:

Imo the 2009 advent calendar is one of the best advent calendars ever! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

In my opinion it's true it's not the best Advent Calendar we have seen these last years and personally I was waiting something much better than already seen MFs and elements and no woman MF at all! :sad: But in the other hand it's also true it brings nice elements for winter MOCs (perfect additions to the Winter Toy Shop!) and a little collection of City MFs if you don't have many :wink:

Anyway I don't think I'll buy it this year. First because of the price (I payed 16€ for 2008's one and I find the 30€ of this year a bit abusive :wacko:) and second because of the machiavellian impossibility of buying it in Spain in a physical toy store (I know I could purchase it in SAH but this is my way to protest against the lack of products and new series in South Europe's countries :hmpf_bad:)

Nevertheless if it's going to be your first Advent Calendar I would recommend you people to buy it. Those calendars are a nice AFOL experience :thumbup:

Actually, in 2009 it's 20 Euros and 30 USD.

As for best and worst, I'm planning to start a separate topic to talk about it.

A question to the fountain included in the advent calendar:

Do you think that this shall be frozen water on the fountain or regular water?

Klaus-Dieter