Derek

City '09?

I've never understood TLC's "helicopter transport" sets. Under what circumstances would you DRIVE a helicopter to its destination?? Why not just fly the helicopter itself there?!?!?

Regardless, looks like a nice set. Yay for the orange motorcycle!!

I've never understood TLC's "helicopter transport" sets. Under what circumstances would you DRIVE a helicopter to its destination?? Why not just fly the helicopter itself there?!?!?

There are such things as helicopter trailers. Its probably cheaper to drive a helicopter on a truck than it is to fly it.

I think it looks like a nice set, but expensive, so I probably won't get it. :sceptic:

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

This is not new, right, but today i went to my local toy store to look if they already have the new 2009 catalogue, and they had it! I'm just going through it, and was rather surprised when i came across this page/this set(sorry for the blur, but with the lightning right now it doesn't turn out any better). The set number is 7686 and the german name is "Transporter mit Hubschrauber" and it seems to be a limited edition set, coming in june:

*snipped pic*

There is also a in depth explanation of all power miners minifigs and monsters btw., and also a cool power miners comic.

I bet its not in the Aus catalog because our's is only the first half of '09 and I bet they'd put something like that for the second half catalog and seeing how its coming out in June in Europe its probable coming Around July here so yea... :hmpf_bad:

I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow, but it looks really great in the catalogue, i didn't expect to find a set that we haven't seen pictures of yet. :tongue:

I assume it belongs to City-Construction.

Edit: Mariko, you're right, it's exactly that symbol and there's written "service" below it.

Edit: Okay, i think i managed to take some better detailed pictures now, here they are:

th_05014_S73F0714_122_440lo.JPGth_05018_S73F0716_122_43lo.JPGth_05025_S73F0717_122_1063lo.JPGth_05052_S73F0719_122_361lo.JPG

th_05059_S73F0720_122_409lo.JPGth_05065_S73F0721_122_1154lo.JPG

Hmm so this is not CG even though it has similar colours? Looks cool I always wanted another theme like RES-Q, I hope they do more like this I quite like it. :sweet:

Is it just me who thinks it wont be "Construction?!" How does that make sense, It has blue light's on it Construction has Yellow/Orange! And Construction is Yellow not orange and white.

Posible new Rescue Sub-Theme ON! :classic:

im starting to really hate the use of orange and lime green by TLC..

Orange Exo-Force sets... orange Mars Mission... orange Coast Guard.. orange Agents... orange Power Miners... somebody at TLC is on commission from whoever produces the orange colourant :tongue: I'm a bit sick of it too.

This set was originally mentioned in legomilk's leaked list.

Looks OK, but I'm well stocked in helicopters and trucks so probably not for me. Unless it was say actually a helicopter recycling truck, and it was carting all the excess Police helis produced over the years to the tip :classic:

I bet its not in the Aus catalog because our's is only the first half of '09 and I bet they'd put something like that for the second half catalog and seeing how its coming out in June in Europe its probable coming Around July here so yea... :hmpf_bad:

Hmm so this is not CG even though it has similar colours? Looks cool I always wanted another theme like RES-Q, I hope they do more like this I quite like it. :sweet:

Is it just me who thinks it wont be "Construction?!" How does that make sense, It has blue light's on it Construction has Yellow/Orange! And Construction is Yellow not orange and white.

Posible new Rescue Sub-Theme ON! :classic:

It has nothing to do with construction nor CG... If you look at the side, it has a Highway Mantainance logo. I really love this set. The heli is really similar to the cost guard heli (the one was a promotional set, with the river raft). And the orange motorcycle is lovely, at least to my eyes. One I will get for sure

Vehicles are getting bigger and bigger. Although it is a very detailed set at it seems, it is too big for my collection.

Oh, well i better get used to this situation...

Wow, that helicopter transport looks superb! I've been waiting for TLC to make a realistic CITY rig design for a while, and they've nailed it in this set. Plus, the helicopter is superb, and we even get a bike in a new color! :wink:

Orange Exo-Force sets... orange Mars Mission... orange Coast Guard.. orange Agents... orange Power Miners... somebody at TLC is on commission from whoever produces the orange colourant :tongue: I'm a bit sick of it too.

This set was originally mentioned in legomilk's leaked list.

I'm suprised at the reaction to the huge amount of orange in the last few years, especially considering that the color was very uncommon before that. I'd think that people would be glad that a formerly underused color is getting so much attention now. :sceptic:

Also, I believe you are refering to whung's leaked list, as he was the one who released that huge list months ago. :wink:

Vehicles are getting bigger and bigger. Although it is a very detailed set at it seems, it is too big for my collection.

Oh, well i better get used to this situation...

I'd agree with you to some extent, but this new vehicle is actually smaller than some of the vehicles from previous years - notably the green 2007 dump truck and the 2006 bridge carrier, which were both 8 wide and massive. This set is only 6 wide and doesn't seem to be nearly as long. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

I'd agree with you to some extent, but this new vehicle is actually smaller than some of the vehicles from previous years - notably the green 2007 dump truck and the 2006 bridge carrier, which were both 8 wide and massive. This set is only 6 wide and doesn't seem to be nearly as long. :wink:

You 're absolutely right about those two ...ehhmm... monsters :sceptic: . What i wanted to say (and should have written it-my mistake) was that having "new" edition sets already released in some form as Classic Town sets, the comparison between the two is like David and Goliath. In this case the new orange Helicopter Transport vs 6357 Stunt 'Copter N' Truck.

6357-1.jpg

I know this is old news but everytime i see a new big vehicle been released, the classic hemisphere of my brain just reacts by itself and wants to protest! :grin:

You 're absolutely right about those two ...ehhmm... monsters :sceptic: . What i wanted to say (and should have written it-my mistake) was that having "new" edition sets already released in some form as Classic Town sets, the comparison between the two is like David and Goliath. In this case the new orange Helicopter Transport vs 6357 Stunt 'Copter N' Truck.

6357-1.jpg

I know this is old news but everytime i see a new big vehicle been released, the classic hemisphere of my brain just reacts by itself and wants to protest! :grin:

Yeah, I know. Personally though, I'm not really a fan of most classic town vehicles, because I like lego vehicles that are more realistically scaled. That is why the more recent 4 wide vehicles appeal to me more - they manage to still be four wide whille not looking like go-carts. :thumbup:

Still, this is just my personal taste, and I can see the appeal of classic town vehicles - especially since the smallness factor makes them exceedingly easy to scale. :wink:

I find it strange that the helicopter transport is the only new set in the catalog. I wonder when we will see pictures of more sets...

-darthperson

EDIT: ***1000th post!*** I'm now a count! :grin::grin::grin:

Edited by darthperson

I love the classic 4 wide vehicles as well as I think they are cuter, compact, and easier to store and pull out to play. I also love the new vehicle's look - but that's it. It can't be easily stored, so i wonder if Lego took that into consideration, they can't sell as much as fans can store, and if they say that they only care about the fan base (which they do) then they should take it onto consideration.

I don't mind up-scaling to 6-wide vehicles, so as long as they can house 2 MFs. But 6-wide Lego vehicles can't do so efficiently, so why go 6 wide, in this case go 8-wide. I dislike sets that can't function as they look. When I see this new transport (though it looks nice) I am hesitant about the space it takes up providing the fact that it can't hold 2 minifigs inside, and plus a lot of the elements are heavily recycled, as in the helicopter pointed earlier, and the flat bed housing the helicopter.

I would rather down scale something while adding more elements to it, similar to selling one plane when you can sell 2 planes and a hot dog stand for the same price and functionality. Going bigger is a product of affluence though sadly.

Again from www.kiddiwinks.co.za.

We can get the confirmation of the second half year of 2009 sets.

I think >90% of 2009 sets have been found except for those 10XXX exclusives.

Here I just add some new findings that have not been found before or confirmation of previous rumors.

City

7638 Tow Truck

7639 Camper

7641 City Corner

7642 Garage

7686 Helicopter Transporter

7687 LEGO® City Advent Calendar

7747 Wind Turbine Transport

8402 Sports Car

Two more City sets 7747 and 8402. 8402 is the same price as 8401.

List courtesy of whung.

I'm looking forward to "Camper", "City Corner", "Garage" and "Sports Car", which is apparently the same price as the new minifigure collection. I love that Lego is going into more "everyday life"/"civilian" sets :wub:

-darthperson

As far as I am concern, I am extremely pleased with TLG's CITY direction. They are defintely listening to us. Slowly, we are going to receive sets which will pleased us the most, even though our wallets get torn apart. Take a careful look, the helicopter transport has doors by its side and looking at Whung list, I have 100% postive feeling that CITY will be one of the most exciting theme next year. :wub: I can't wait to see more pictures on CITY Corner and Camper.

Thank you very much for the pics of the helicopter transporter set and the price, metalandi! :sweet:

This helicopter transporter really doesn't look bad!

The helicopter itself is so :wub: , the motorcycle is great and the transport vehicle is nice, too.

The only problem I have is the big size of it. :sceptic:

Otherwise it's great and it's even great to see that TLG included doors in the transport vehicle - please car doors for every car in future sets, TLG! :thumbup:

I earnestly think about whether I'll buy it or not. It'll depend on how great all the other City and SW OT sets will be of which we regrettably haven't seen pics until now.

I thought that it would be useful to post whung's list of the summer/fall City sets here, too:

Again from www.kiddiwinks.co.za.

We can get the confirmation of the second half year of 2009 sets.

I think >90% of 2009 sets have been found except for those 10XXX exclusives.

Here I just add some new findings that have not been found before or confirmation of previous rumors.

[...]

City

7638 Tow Truck

7639 Camper

7641 City Corner

7642 Garage

7686 Helicopter Transporter

7687 LEGO® City Advent Calendar

7747 Wind Turbine Transport

8402 Sports Car

Two more City sets 7747 and 8402. 8402 is the same price as 8401.

Firstly again thank you very much for this information, whung! :sweet:

I'm really very surprised what the City Corner will include. Perhaps a post station? At least this would be obvious since we got a post van and a post plane this year. If there wasn't a post office next year then this would be :sad: . There was a rumor about a pizzeria, too.

Sports car sounds interesting. Surely it'll include a car very similar to the one in the gas station set (but hopefully with doors!) and one minifig.

Great to see the wind turbine transport confirmed! :thumbup:

For that I decided to post Lord Santos comment, too:

The wind turbine transporter is the same one as Vestas and is almost the same as of the Vestas Shangai airport exhibition. Already seen a pic of it :wink:

Thank you again very much for that information, Lord Santos! :sweet:

Great to hear that there'll be the same turbine for us available like for the Vestas employees and customers :cry_happy: - only that it's really a shame that we won't be aible to get the little lovely cottage and the great service vehicle which came with the promo version :cry_sad: .

And there is again some news:

There is something city known for new trains.

to shop at home comes from 1 ge I heard.

so if somebody knows something more

Thank you again very much for that information, legomilk! :sweet:

That sounds good that the new train set will be a City set and not again only a train-building-set like the boring Hobby Train some years ago! :thumbup:

I'm really surprised that there'll be no regular released train sets next year - only an exclusive one. I wonder what it'll be - hard to guess.

For those of you who are interested: I checked the prices on kiddiwinks for these new sets and translated them (circa) into Euros (no guarantee! :grin: ):

7638 Tow Truck - 13-15 Euros - I think it'll be 15,49 Euros

7639 Camper - 18-20 Euros - I think it'll be 19,99 Euros

7641 City Corner - 54-60 Euros - I think it'll be 59,99 Euros

7642 Garage - 90-100 Euros - I think it'll be 89,99 Euros

7686 Helicopter Transporter - 31-35 Euros - we know from metalandi that it'll be 29,99 Euros (in Germany)

7687 LEGO® City Advent Calendar - 27-30 Euros - this price seems to be much too high, I think it'l be 19,99 Euros

7747 Wind Turbine Transport - 54-60 Euros - that seems to be a bit too low when you think that it shall include the turbine and a transport vehicle, I think 69,99-99,99 Euros - but of course I'd be glad if it wasn't that expensive

8402 Sports Car - 8-9 Euros - I think it'll be 8,99 Euros

To the train set: It'll imo be surely minimum 159,99 Euros (like the last cargo train) since it'll be a mainly for AFOLs designed train.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

K.D, you are excited as I am too. :tongue: I fully agreed with your comments above.

Thank you very much, WhiteFang! :sweet:

What is concerning City imo TLG has done very well in the last two years. But only from judging from the sets list for next year's summer, next year is going to be a historical step in TLG's set development - and a historical step in the development of our Lego City collections - since civilian stuff is the best thing you can get for your Lego City (since the most of us - me included - own enough police, fire, construction and emergency sets). :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

What is concerning City imo TLG has done very well in the last two years. But only from judging from the sets list for next year's summer, next year is going to be a historical step in TLG's set development - and a historical step in the development of our Lego City collections - since civilian stuff is the best thing you can get for your Lego City (since the most of us - me included - own enough police, fire, construction and emergency sets). :wink:

That includes me as well. :tongue: From now on, City will be no longer be the same, as it will be inclined towards more civillian stuff approach where we could be likely to see retail shops, dining area, parks, bus station, garage, car park and whatever more. I am sure, very soon, we will be able to see some new pictures somewhere, somehow. :wub:

im starting to really hate the use of orange and lime green by TLC..

also another big truck?

whats the point?

well at least it has doors!

Cause thats what kids like. As long as kids are interested in Lego's, TLC will make big trucks of every sort for them to play with! As well as Adults like myself!! :tongue:

There are such things as helicopter trailers. Its probably cheaper to drive a helicopter on a truck than it is to fly it.

I think it looks like a nice set, but expensive, so I probably won't get it. :sceptic:

-darthperson

This is true. They also, transport small planes, and military will transport tanks to the front line with trucks rather than drive them cause its cheaper.

Yeah, I know. Personally though, I'm not really a fan of most classic town vehicles, because I like lego vehicles that are more realistically scaled. That is why the more recent 4 wide vehicles appeal to me more - they manage to still be four wide whille not looking like go-carts. :thumbup:

Still, this is just my personal taste, and I can see the appeal of classic town vehicles - especially since the smallness factor makes them exceedingly easy to scale. :wink:

I completely agree with you Grevious. I can appreaciate classic town sets, but greatly preffer newer city sets and 6 to 8 wide trucks as there more detailed, and more to scale. big rig trucks shouldn't be the same size as the family sedan.

This looks like a pretty cool City '09 set. It is a very interesting set and I would like to own it.

A very fine set indeed, thanks for the nice pics metalandi! :thumbup:

A pretty detailed truck (with doors!! :wub::tongue: ) and a very lovely helicopter

with an especially neat designed tail section.

Somehow the whole set, from its playability, reminds me a lot of classic TV series

like The A-Team or The Fall Guy... :grin:

We had a rumour about a bus station exclusive a while ago.

Have anyone heard anything about it?

Otherwise it may be the 7641 City Corner or the 7642 Garage. The thing is, an exclusive use to have 5 numbers instead of 4.