Derek

City '09?

It's ok, Air Race is also being released and it'll probably be of the same type of design or style : ) thank you Lego :classic:

What? Did you hear something? Is this a fact? I sure hope so :classic:

Wow, nice little promo, thanks metalandi :thumbup:. I think that airplane looks really nice and different to the common airline based ones. The colors are great and the Trace hairpiece is cool :tongue: . I wish the TLC release this kind of big promo sets for the SW line :cry_sad: .

Really? When? :look:

Personelly I also hope it isnt another promo :sceptic:

Uhh sometime this year, At Kmart for only acouple weeks, They go snapped up fast, I managed to get the last one at Hyperdome Kmart onsale for $16 :thumbup:

Could the yellow thing be some sort of Ice cream stand?

On the left, it looks like a goblet with an ice cream; on the right, two ice cream "dispensers"

2343.1069994767.jpgx474.1071430545.jpg

I thought that too but....I also thought "Why would there be Ice-Cream at a airstrip? :wacko: "

Quite sadly Skinny, this set is the Air-Race set, that's my best guess based on the item #. Sorry for the confusion. :cry_sad:

Indy will also have a plane set though, that one i'm sure about 100%, it has not come out yet.

Edited by legobear

This new promo set looks awesome. Are we sure that this is going to be given exclusive to airlines distribution? I wonder if it's going to be a new CITY sub theme, similar to 6345, Aerial Acrobats or 6615 Eagle Stunt Flyer. I will love to have this set one day, but it's not likely possible if its only be bought there. :sadnew:

Edit: Refer to the first post for image update.

6345-1.jpg

6615-1.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang

Thats a nice plane its sad that all the small LEGO planes that come out now are airline promos :cry_sad:

Edited by LEGOMAN132

No, it's an another building you can make with the parts of the Café Corner-set. :classic:

Edit: whoops, a bit too late.

Edited by Matn

This is not new, right, but today i went to my local toy store to look if they already have the new 2009 catalogue, and they had it! I'm just going through it, and was rather surprised when i came across this page/this set(sorry for the blur, but with the lightning right now it doesn't turn out any better). The set number is 7686 and the german name is "Transporter mit Hubschrauber" and it seems to be a limited edition set, coming in june:

s73f0706se2.jpg

There is also a in depth explanation of all power miners minifigs and monsters btw., and also a cool power miners comic.

Edited by Hinckley
removed advertisement

Thanks man, that set looks great! I wonder what theme it is, regardless those (new?) torsos are very stylish.

Edit: Wow a bike as well!

Edited by Pencoin

Wow. Is that what I think it is on the side of that truck? It looks like the highway maintenance symbol found in early sets such as this. I can't quite tell from the picture. . . metalandi, do you think you could take a look at the catalogue and see if that's what it is?

It's nice to see doors again, and a truck that isn't a cab-over (I really like LEGO's cab-over design, but it's good to have some variety)

Edited by Mariko

I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow, but it looks really great in the catalogue, i didn't expect to find a set that we haven't seen pictures of yet. :tongue:

I assume it belongs to City-Construction.

Edit: Mariko, you're right, it's exactly that symbol and there's written "service" below it.

Edit: Okay, i think i managed to take some better detailed pictures now, here they are:

th_05014_S73F0714_122_440lo.JPGth_05018_S73F0716_122_43lo.JPGth_05025_S73F0717_122_1063lo.JPGth_05052_S73F0719_122_361lo.JPG

th_05059_S73F0720_122_409lo.JPGth_05065_S73F0721_122_1154lo.JPG

Edited by metalandi

It looks to me, that the trailer base is none other than the split level train base, like the one they used in the new construction site set, and in the police mobile command trailer. Thanks for the picture Metalandi!

EDIT: and it also looks like a new tail fin on the helicopter!

Edited by ricecracker

Looks like a great set, but orange? I thought we were getting enough with Power Miners. The pilots torso looks cool from what I can see, and road maintenance is sooooo much better than construction.

im starting to really hate the use of orange and lime green by TLC..

also another big truck?

whats the point?

well at least it has doors!