Derek

City '09?

I really like the new City sets, especially the farm ones(with those neat new cows and that blue tractor :wub: )

I would also like to ask if there already is a list of sets which are estimated to be released in summer? :thumbup:

Edited by Stealth Hunter

Klaus-Dieter I take it that you have high cholestrol?

Shall this be a joke? - :hmpf:

I am not impressed by these, they are too large, especially if most your sets like mine are from the 1980s and 1990s.

On the one hand I agree with you, Calvin: The most vehicles of the new sets are much too big and include no car doors - which is really, really :cry_sad: .

On the other hand there will be some great sets which were never released before (e. g. the farm sets - despite from the horse trailer) - and I think it would be wise to buy them since you don't know whether TLG will ever re-release them or release theme as a re-design in the future. And the buildings themselves are mostly not bigger than the buildings in the classic sets. So I'll surely buy (despite from the horse trailer) the farm sets. I know, it'S very seldom that you buy a set and say "yes, that's 100 percently what I want". This is imo only the case with the amazing 10193 Town Plan. Otherwise there is always even the possibility to design own MOCs.

But I think that the exclusive City set for 2009 surely will be something you'll like, too (although I don't yet know what it precisely is and how it looks like :laugh:). :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Those new City sets look amazing. *Want's to break a bank :sceptic: *. I'll try to get some of them within their livespan. I especially like the Farm sets with the combine. I won't get those in winter, since my other hobby and my car take it up.

mFg Widdi

Those new City sets look amazing. *Want's to break a bank :sceptic: *.

I already mentioned that some time ago, too, Widdi. But the problem is that TLG doesn't offer a bank to us! :laugh::cry_sad:

But perhaps next year. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

I already mentioned that some time ago, too, Widdi. But the problem is that TLG doesn't offer a bank to us! :laugh::cry_sad:

But perhaps next year. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

There was one in the studio theme.

There was one in the studio theme.

You're right, Pencoin, but I meant the last years (the next time I'll express me better :classic: ).

Klaus-Dieter

Through http://www.wholesalecentral.com/ I found the set names for presumably the second half of 2009. Apparently some of the descriptiosn are a bit messed up.

LEGO 7686 CITY Helicopter Transporter

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!377 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7687 CITY Advent Calendar

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!257 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7638 CITY Tow Truck

Tow your cars!Never worry about another roadside crisis.129 pieces.129 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7639 CITY Camper

Camping is fun!Go on vacation with bricks!Fun for the family!165 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7641 CITY Life

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!483 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7642 CITY Garage

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!953 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

Through http://www.wholesalecentral.com/ I found the set names for presumably the second half of 2009. Apparently some of the descriptiosn are a bit messed up.

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!377 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!257 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7638 CITY Tow Truck

Tow your cars!Never worry about another roadside crisis.129 pieces.129 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7639 CITY Camper

Camping is fun!Go on vacation with bricks!Fun for the family!165 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7641 CITY Life

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!483 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7642 CITY Garage

Make your CITY even better!Expand your town the way you want to!Be a mayor in your own home!953 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

New City Advent Calender already? :wacko:

Hmm Tow Truck sounds interesting [Wasnt this mentioned earlier in this thread?]

Helicopter transporter? A civilian helicopter? :wub:

City life? Hmm is that the little set where geting with the road signs and stuff?

Garage- Hmm sounds good im assuming it goes with the town truck? Octan garage?

Camper?- Meh need to see pics first.

Thanks BTW Christian :classic:

Thank you for the news Christian :thumbup: :

7686- I don't now what to say- 3/5

7687- Typical advent calendar- 4/5

7638- Haven't seen it since 2001 3/5

7639- Finaly a camper 5/5

7641- Need's description

7642- Finaly something to put my cars 5/5

But I think these are somewhat fake, I have info about more sets, maybe they are all exclusives...

????- Vestas Tower with Transporter Truck

?????- Major City Exclusive

Thank you for the news Christian :thumbup: :

7686- I don't now what to say- 3/5

7687- Typical advent calendar- 4/5

7638- Haven't seen it since 2001 3/5

7639- Finaly a camper 5/5

7641- Need's description

7642- Finaly something to put my cars 5/5

But I think these are somewhat fake, I have info about more sets, maybe they are all exclusives...

????- Vestas Tower with Transporter Truck

?????- Major City Exclusive

The two sets that you mention difinetly sounds like exclusives, which there were none of on the website where I found those other sets.

BTW I dont think that they are fake. The website where I found them seems rather reliable.

These set names surely sound more interesting than the same old Constructins set that come out again and again.

Thank you very much for that information, Christian! :sweet:

These set names surely sound more interesting than the same old Constructins set that come out again and again.

I totally agree with you, The Cobra!

In the last time TLG is really listening at what there fans want! :thumbup:

Although the set descriptions are not very precise, here my thoughts until now:

I think that this set won't be that good since it surely will be much too big and <insert that tiresome argument>. I think 30-40 Euros.

Of course! If there is such amazing stuff included like in this year than :thumbup: . I think 17-20 Euros.

LEGO 7638 CITY Tow Truck

I don't know. If it's a little set like the classic ones it would be very nice. But it surely will be a big vehicle like e. g. the last cement mixer. I think 10-20 Euros.

LEGO 7639 CITY Camper

This sounds really good! And perhaps we even get a whole family with father, mother and son/daughter - :wub: ! I think 20-30 Euros.

LEGO 7641 CITY Life

The description is here much to vague to say anything. Perhaps a collection of some cars in addition to the minifigure collection in january? A post office would make much sense (and I really even want one) but I think that if there was one they would have named the set "post office", don't you think? :sceptic: I think 40-70 Euros - hard to say only when you look at the number of pieces.

LEGO 7642 CITY Garage

In principle I don't take any interest in another garage since I already own two. But since this set seems to be as big as this year's police station it must include something in addition to the garage, too. So if there's a pizzeria included in the set it might be that I buy it, too. Let's see. I think 90 Euors.

So let's hope that we'll get a more detailed description soon. Pics surely will not appear before january :cry_sad: .

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I just came across some good new over at brickset:

7631 is available from the LEGO store in Bellevue, WA (thanks to David H). A shop worker there says he expects a lot more 2009 sets to appear the first week of December, which will be just after Thanksgiving which is when they usually start to appear.

If that's true, maybe that means we will be seeing more of the new sets before christmas!

Christian, you strike again! Cows! A FARM! I am VERY happy.

Camper sounds interesting. As does the life set, though could that just be the minifigure set we've already seen?

Steve

As does the life set, though could that just be the minifigure set we've already seen?

Steve

No, it seems to be a diffrent set, much bigger (more than 480 pcs)

Edited by giorgio

Perhaps the 7641 "City Life" set is something akin to the old Main Street or Town Square set? It would make sense for it just to be called "City Life," as something like "Apartment Complex, Ambiguous Store, and Restaurant" (for example) would be quite a cumbersome name. I suppose that's partly wishful thinking on my part, but with the incredible direction LEGO has been taking lately, it wouldn't surprise me.

Perhaps the 7641 "City Life" set is something akin to the old Main Street or Town Square set? It would make sense for it just to be called "City Life," as something like "Apartment Complex, Ambiguous Store, and Restaurant" (for example) would be quite a cumbersome name. I suppose that's partly wishful thinking on my part, but with the incredible direction LEGO has been taking lately, it wouldn't surprise me.

That's a really good idea, Mariko!

I think that TLG will surely release something like a re-design of the Main Street or the Town Square in the next years. But with about 480 bricks I think not more than one building can be included. Plus we already got the awesome Town Plan this year. And two very similar sets in that short interval surely wouldn't be that good for sale.

Klaus-Dieter

I totally agree with you, The Cobra!

In the last time TLG is really listening at what there fans want! :thumbup:

I respectfully disagree. I think that the new construction sets are exactly what fans (mainly kids) want. For example, take a look on brickshelf and doa search for "crane". you'll come across thouands of examples and different variations. While i understand that TLc companmy seems to comeout with one or two every couple years, thats cause it (along with a variaty of other constrution equipment) are probbbly the most popular out of the city line. remeber that TLC is firsst and for most a childrens toy, so they need to cater to them first. Imean think about it. As a kid, whitch would you have rather played with..... A big crane,or bull dozer, :classic: ....... or a bank set? :hmpf_bad: Now i'm not saying that a bank is a bad idea, just not on most kids priority

I think that this set won't be that good since it surely will be much too big and <insert that tiresome argument>. I think 30-40 Euros.

Why do you say that? The Coast gaurd helicopter wasn't <insert that tiresome argument>( and please don't reffer to its tale section :hmpf: . It worked out very nice for that set) , and its size was perfect for its function. I'd ove for somthing simular in size.

LEGO 7638 CITY Tow Truck

I don't know. If it's a little set like the classic ones it would be very nice. But it surely will be a big vehicle like e. g. the last cement mixer. I think 10-20 Euros.

What?? Are you kidding me? The cement mixer was to big? Trucks like the cementmixer and a tow truck should be at minimum 6 wide. heck, i'm hoping for an 8 wide!!! :laugh:

Anyways, this list sounds really promising. Everything has the potential of being really good. I've been hoping for a Camper of some sort for awhile now. I hope TLC doesn't mess this one up.

The garage sounds really good. I'm wondering if it will be a repair garage or a tunner type garage. My guess will be a repair garage since we already have a couple different tunner garages. Hopfully with a couple working bays, and vehicle lifts!

Lego have really started to a do a great job with city sets in the past few years and 2009 looks no different, given the pics that are out and the names of the sets. If the tow truck is half as good as the cement mixer or garbage truck I'll be rushing out to get it, they are probably my two fave town sets ever. Those hoping for four-wide vehicles to match their older town sets are probably going to be disappointed, because the only 4-wide vehicles at minifig scale have been in the nostalgia based town plan set.

@5150 Lego: I'm not saying those sets are bad, I'm saying that I'm happy there's more than Police, Fire, Rescue and Construction.

Let's talk about availability. After the Pirates invasion on the eBay, here's a city set too: 4WD w/Horse trailer (oh please, Limited edition on a 20 bucks set?)

Hello I am new 2 the site but I have been tracking the chatter in this specific area and as of some time tonight I will be able to confirm the rumors about city, due to the fact that I am going to a 2009 city preview at my local Lego store. so I shall return!

welcome here, and thanks for the info! What kind of preview is that, is it a public announcement of the new sets as it happened for the new castle set?

Edited by metalandi

As regards the Garage, I wouldn't be too exciting but for the fact that the part count is so high. Surely that's an indicator of some interesting detailed construction?

I will most likely be snapping up the tow-truck and camper without delay! Unlikely I'll go for the helicopter transport even if it is done well - it's just not quite an interesting enough subject to rank higher than the sets I am definitely going to get next year (and I cannot buy them all!)

I am intrigued by "City Life". I do hope it is a kind of town scene with a shop or two, maybe a square/park.